E90 car repainting

marcus28

Banned.
Hi Guys,
I was given a quote to repaint my car to its same color at $1500. It's the cheapest I have found so far with 7 days of inhouse work. but however, my car groomer told me was extremely expensive as he can find a better lobang at $800 with 2k paintworks. For soever reason, he has not disclosed the shop name to me yet.

Repainting the car will be my next project next month, so is the price $1500 reasonable or really too expensive? any workshop to recommend?

Re: E90 car repainting

marcus28;885023 said:
Hi Guys,
I was given a quote to repaint my car to its same color at $1500. It's the cheapest I have found so far with 7 days of inhouse work. but however, my car groomer told me was extremely expensive as he can find a better lobang at $800 with 2k paintworks. For soever reason, he has not disclosed the shop name to me yet.

Repainting the car will be my next project next month, so is the price $1500 reasonable or really too expensive? any workshop to recommend?

Hi Marcus,

usually is: you pay for what you get..................
is better to view those previous ride done by the workshop if it is possible......................
also must check if the workshop workmanship too................do they just spray directly or do they take out certain parts to spray or masking tap here and there type? eg: mirror, bumper, etc etc......as the finishing is very important.........

also money must be well spend...........

* you can try Mike of Sin Wee CHuan 9107 4888
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

i had received quote for $800, $1500 and $3000 for repainting the whole car.
cheapest may not be bad
most expensive may not be best
exercise due diligent and check carefully
it's hard to ascertain cheap is due to low profit margin or cheapo product & poor workmanship
and expensive is due to good product and workmanship or deep profit
try your best to compare

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Guys, forgive my ignorance. What are the guidelines that I should lookout for? Sometime i think workmanship depends on heng sway one. what i meant was if "they" too busy or leave to the inexperience one, than may not be good.

So far what I have asked are:
1. Are the parts be removed for spraying?
2. Do fix some of the small dents
3. Must be 2k paint?
4. How many days it take to complete?

marcus28;885044 said:
Hi Guys, forgive my ignorance. What are the guidelines that I should lookout for? Sometime i think workmanship depends on heng sway one. what i meant was if "they" too busy or leave to the inexperience one, than may not be good.

So far what I have asked are:
1. Are the parts be removed for spraying?
2. Do fix some of the small dents
3. Must be 2k paint?
4. How many days it take to complete?

Hi Marcus,

what's the colour of your ride now? what colour you might change it to if not spraying back the same existing colour?

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Hi ac232, I might think of changing to Alpine white like Aaron. Mine is a blacky, very difficult to maintain

marcus28;885050 said:
Hi ac323, I might think of changing to Alpine white like Aaron. Mine is a blacky, very difficult to maintain

Hi Marcus,

AW is nice.......maybe you can try Aaron's contact too

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

marcus28;885059 said:
Hi ac323, I have sent him a pm, waiting for his reply. (-:

sorry, just saw ur post.
already replied IMMEDIATELY :)
if u need faster response, just call me~!
cheers~!!!!

Hi Marcus...

SGD$800 good deal
can share with me change color how much?
'm interested too..

The essence of a good car painting is the quality of the paint, lacquer (very important, slow dry), skills & of course facility. Many new factory painted cars have poor paint job now as they're painted by robots these days so certain areas don't have the same thickness of lacquer applied. Go look @ corners & organic areas of Jap cars & you'll see.

Those under S$1K job for full car paint can only look good for the first 6 months then start to wear off. If you're looking for a quickie fix & selling it soon, that's the route to go & most car dealers do this. A proper full job with 2K lacquer is about S$3-4K (ask how many layers of paint & lacquer) these days inclusive of inner door sills etc eg. Aaron's colour change job. A full spec job includes removing all the glass as well & this can run into 5 figures & one month.

I'm not related to any workshops but did learn car painting in school days & visited the local C&C painting facilities back in the early '90s IIRC, there was like 16 levels of job for bare metal painting which includes at least 3 different layers of primer.

A good way to check our their quality is to see the jobs that's just completed then inspect under the rubbers seals & scrutinise the smoothness of body profile by planting the side of your face to the car body from one end & look away @ the lines, with light of course. With this you can even tell if the panels are properly fitted.

Last edited by a moderator:

hi rt4ouredz, I have gotten the quote from a workshop located at Alexandra Village industrial part. Sorry, I can't remember the shop name, but only know how to go there. You can arrange with me to bring you there is want , but only during weekends.

Hi NineEleven, is it true that even the rubber door seal of the doors have to be replaced for repainting? Thanks

Hi Marcus, thanks for the invite.
I'm driving my E90 for the next good 3 years and really will like to change the color, n imptly do not wish to pay pricey for repaint.
You too wish to repaint?

hi rt4ouredz, yes bro. Similarly like you, thinking of driving it for another 2-3 years. Was enlighten by nineeleven, cheap one may not be good, so i need to do more research and good workshop finding.

cheap is cheap for a reason
under $1k one should not expect top notch paint and remove everything to respray. you pay what you get.
yi fen jian yi fen huo ...

Can I list out 1 good example?
2nd hand E90 '2005 pre FL, buy from dealer (80% respray before sale)
Dealer in order to earn more, suppose they pay peanut price for paint work.
If we can accept n purchase, should it be alright if we respray at budget price?

For those who wish to respray n got a 2nd hand car like me.

1 other concern: was told by my buddy that if to scrap 3 years later, original color fetch more $ compare to change of color. Is it very true?

rt4ouredz;889481 said:
Can I list out 1 good example?
2nd hand E90 '2005 pre FL, buy from dealer (80% respray before sale)
Dealer in order to earn more, suppose they pay peanut price for paint work.
If we can accept n purchase, should it be alright if we respray at budget price?

For those who wish to respray n got a 2nd hand car like me.

1 other concern: was told by my buddy that if to scrap 3 years later, original color fetch more $ compare to change of color. Is it very true?

is true that Original colour get a better rates..............but then again if you are a happier person after spraying ( why not )
nobody will love you more than yourself............we only live once......do it once do it well

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

marcus28;889421 said:
Hi NineEleven, is it true that even the rubber door seal of the doors have to be replaced for repainting? Thanks

Hi, that's not necessary unless for seals that are really hardened which usually happens to >10yrs old cars.

Car exporters will deduct up to $4-5K on repainted cars & maybe $10K+ for hi ends. I lost an extra $4K when I exported my repainted E class few years ago. And for us who loves bodykit? Damn, they probably give you $2K extra for it.....:mad:

how about a bright pinky E90.. didnt see 1 on the road.

Back