E90 Alternator Failure Warning

donworks

Hi Guys, just to share and warned to our fellow bros here that our E90 Alternator can fail without any warning or symptoms what-so-ever, the battery warning sign will pop out in RED on OBD, it will render our E90 to be immobilised i.e., loss of power steering and all electrical power eventually ...So please STOP and activate yr rescue !!!Okay, mine is an old horse 2005 E90.

Can you imagine this happen to me on NSH ?? luckily I have good workshop support (good friend by now i guess) in Boleh Land, who dispatches another member friend in Muar to my rescue ( I was forced to stop at Muar Pit Stop as advised). Mechanic came armed with a new Bosch Alternator n his tool box ! Changed within 1Hr including waiting !!! Even AA member Rescue also loose out ! hahaha ! Those who are in this thread will know who he is ! I am very grateful to him. Best part no need to pay a single cent until get to see him again when I am back fr Msia. Where to find such services ?? :dance:
Actually must thank Bro lkm, for finding such a good lobang ! Give that man a Tsingtao !!! :shoot:

Re: E90 Alternator Failure Warning

Bro, bmwWan, I cannot reply u as yr mailbox is full. Yr symptoms very likely to be the starter motor not the alternator. Get them replaced n u will enjoy smooth start up again. Cheers

Ok thanks. Can it be brake vacuum?cos b4 start engine hard to press the brake

donworks... you are so lucky to have support in boleh land...

Do you mind sharing the infor ? I love boleh land too... :woottt:

I kena that recently and had it towed back to replace. Got it back within a day and $500 est poorer

I know this is an old thread, but came up on Google for me. Last week or so I have been getting an intermittent squeak from the belts at idle. Today at Tuas checkpoint the accessory belt came right off and broke. Didn't know where to take it to, so ended up at PML. They're now telling me the alternator bearing has failed and want $1900 to replace alternator and belt. Car only has 6 months COE left, but what to do?

Anyway, I am very shocked that such a major failure would occur with hardly any warning. The squeak seemed only minor and insignificant, and was only for about 2 weeks. Car has done 122,000km.

I know this is an old thread, but came up on Google for me. Last week or so I have been getting an intermittent squeak from the belts at idle. Today at Tuas checkpoint the accessory belt came right off and broke. Didn't know where to take it to, so ended up at PML. They're now telling me the alternator bearing has failed and want $1900 to replace alternator and belt. Car only has 6 months COE left, but what to do?

Anyway, I am very shocked that such a major failure would occur with hardly any warning. The squeak seemed only minor and insignificant, and was only for about 2 weeks. Car has done 122,000km.

get a quote from our site sponsor workshops and tow it out from pml to their workshop.
end up still cheaper than pml.
can try asking workshop if can find recon or used parts to tahan for the next 6 months if want cheap. (get from propel or something)

cubic_nz;1114831 said:

sszone;1114842 said:
get a quote from our site sponsor workshops and tow it out from pml to their workshop.
end up still cheaper than pml.
can try asking workshop if can find recon or used parts to tahan for the next 6 months if want cheap. (get from propel or something)

Have now agreed to go ahead with it, but definitely will be looking to cultivate a Singapore indie mechanic I can go to when I need to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hema
Back