E90 Aircon Vent control

daz3

Hi guys,i just got a used 2008 pre fl E90 320 on friday. Noticed that the aircon vent control knob (dont know what it is called) is broken off.Do i have to change the whole panel?Whats the rough cost for the change?

View attachment 54054

Re: E90 Aircon Vent control

Tthe aircond vent is a complete assembly with the air volume/directonal control. Its screwed onto the (silver piece)trim panel and it can be replaced easily on you own.

You can buy the vent fom Eng Soon and google for the steps.

Thanks for your reply bro steppy.Did you change yours before?How much does eng soon charge for the complete assembly?

Daz3, yes, i changed it for my E93, but it was on the driver's side, which is much simpler. Took me no more than 5 mins. From your photo, this seems to be the passenger side - slightly more complicated due to the central vent attached to it as well + the 'engine start' button.

Approximate cost was between $70 - $80.

Enjoy DIYing!

daz3;1027075 said:
Bro REND,yours is also the passenger side?

no bro. it's the one near the start button side which is the driver side

Just an update.i bought the whole vent assembly from Eng Soon for $62 before GST.

congrats, aircon now cold?

daz3;1028294 said:
Just an update.i bought the whole vent assembly from Eng Soon for $62 before GST.

You assembled yourself bro?

Yup i did it myself,actually quite easy.Where do you stay?Maybe i can help you out.

daz3;1028503 said:
Yup i did it myself,actually quite easy.Where do you stay?Maybe i can help you out.

Bro I am staying the west along pasir panjang side. Btw Eng Soon got ready stock that can just buy directly without ordering?

daz3;1028503 said:

Great job and congratulations!

With rising labour cost and rentals of workshops, some of these small jobs can be done on our own and thereby saving time and money in the process.

There are actually quite a few parts that can be done easily with the right tools that can make an impact to the driviability of the rides. Some of the stuff that i have changed on my own are:-

-iginition coils - (medium difficulty)
-Vanos solenoids - (easy)
-MAF sensor - (easy)
- air cond vent (easy)
-radio/volume buttons (v. easy)

Fortunately, BMW part numbers are easily available from the internet. You can start with BMW parts catalog and its rather accurate once you know your chassis number.

I am going to work on replacing my E93 driver's door lock actuator soon as the response is getting a little retarded...

As long as its found on the car is fine. The part that is irritating is working on the bottom areas. Ever thought of getting a ramp ?

Havent thought about getting that yet and dont think that i will as it will entail a proper garage setup with the necssary tools. Am just happy doing what is easily reachable.

Just hoping that more people will come forward and share their experiences on DIYing!

Red_Bean_Bun;1029094 said:
As long as its found on the car is fine. The part that is irritating is working on the bottom areas. Ever thought of getting a ramp ?

daz3;1028294 said:

Bro, when u mean whole vent assembly is for per side or for all on the front panel ? (We have 4 in total on the front panel)
Sorry ask noob question, just bought an E90 and 3 of the aircon vents are spoilt/broken. TYIA

Back