e90 323 whining sound between 70km/h to 85km/h?

Re: e90 323 whining sound between 70km/h to 85km/h?

But the whining noise is really irritating and the service engineering tells me that it will be as good as new.....so ask me not to worry. But of course if it is not bothering you... then why change....

Another thing is that, I am actually surprise that they dont have the parts in stock.....shouldnt they have at least one unit in their warehouse?

PML called me to send in the car for a day for testing as they had some german engineers on site last week. So had to lose the use of car for a day. Promised me will take about 1/2 day and will send the car back to my workplace for me. In the end took the whole day and had to chase near knocking off time and had to wait at work while they delivered back the car.

The SA told me that he had to wait for the report to come back before they will take any further action. Then wil have to wait for the parts and leave the car there for fixing. Sighj...so troublesome!

Now the whining noise is starting to get on my nerves. Once you discover it existence, the ear became more sensitive to it. Getting so irrating.

Yes, i do share your sentiment.... did they tell you what is the problem, is it the final drive issue?
based on what they tell me, the parts will only come end of month, so i suppose you will also have to wait till end Oct or early Nov to get your part replaced. Maybe can use back the F1 earplugs for the next 2 weeks.

Not bad ideal for them to send your car back to your office, i will ask them to do the same for my case. Otherwise, damn hassle to go to the workshop to get the replacement done.

I was told by the tester when I went there the first time that he knew my problem was the final drive issue and there is no solution that there is no permanent solution. But he told me to still make an appointment to fix it and let the SA deal with the problem. Since I had to fix the creaks in the cabin problem, I went ahead and book an appointment for it, and at the same time ask them to fix this problem. PML fixed my creaking problem and said that the whinning noise has to be done separately. Then the SA called me to ask if i could send in the car for diagnostic as they have this german engineer coming. So i said ok, but lament it's so troublesome and he offered to send the car back to me after it's done.
The diagnostic was done just this tuesday, and afterthat I did call the SA, but he told me he haven't got the report yet, so could not tell he the exact problem and solution. hence he cannot fix the date to fix my problem.

Still waiting! and the sound seems to become more obvious....don't know it is because i am getting more sensitive or maybe they fiddled with it and made it worse.

Folks, I got my final drive replaced (at least that was what PML told me) and the whining noise is still there ... mine's a Nov'05 built - think this is a batch issue...looks like we need some concerted effort here...if there is no solution, then they either extend the warranty or replace us with new cars???

I had my rear axle replaced last week. But was back in PML yesterday afternoon as I felt that the noise is still there. So the tester went for a test drive with me again. Found out that the whistling noise that I always hear above 60km/h to about 90+km/h is actually wind noise coming out from the right wing mirror. The noise is so loud and the moment he fold the mirror while driving, the noise is gone. Was told that there is no solution to this. Sigh. Have to live with this!

Is this bugging anyone here?

I have the same problem, whinning noise, due to the final drive in the rear axle. Tech guy told me not to fix but lodge a report. Currently, no solution from Germany. So long as we lodge a report with PML, even after 3 yr warranty, PML has the obligation to fix it FOC. He said another owner changed it 3 times and the noise came back after a few month. So change if you want to but it'll wait until Germany found a solution. Whining noise reminds me of my first-love, a Toyota Starlet 1978 with rear-wheel drive. So dirving my 320I, Jul-07, model is like down the memory lane. Not life threatening so won;t fix untli solution from Germany or noise unbearable. Like one of the forumers said, "my wife's nagging is more distracting". My other car, rgandpa Camry, beats the hell out BM for low noise cabin.

eng98;401543 said:
I had my rear axle replaced last week. But was back in PML yesterday afternoon as I felt that the noise is still there. So the tester went for a test drive with me again. Found out that the whistling noise that I always hear above 60km/h to about 90+km/h is actually wind noise coming out from the right wing mirror. The noise is so loud and the moment he fold the mirror while driving, the noise is gone. Was told that there is no solution to this. Sigh. Have to live with this!

Is this bugging anyone here?

Change to AC or E90 M3 mirrors, problem solved.....:yummie:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jilisfyi
Back