E60 Paddle Shift

Ct13

Dear all,

Wish to check how the E60 paddle shift works before i get one, as i know they works differently compare to other brands of car.

1) On D mode, i can downshift or up shift by press the paddle shift? then will it stay at manual mode? Or back to D mode?
2) On sport mode, if i downshift. will it stay all the way in manual mode? only back to D mode if I push the gear level to the right?

TIA

Re: E60 Paddle Shift

Ct13;1097595 said:
Dear all,

Wish to check how the E60 paddle shift works before i get one, as i know they works differently compare to other brands of car.

1) On D mode, i can downshift or up shift by press the paddle shift? then will it stay at manual mode? Or back to D mode?
2) On sport mode, if i downshift. will it stay all the way in manual mode? only back to D mode if I push the gear level to the right?

TIA

Answer:
1) No, it only working when you push to D/S Mode
2) Yes.. It will stay but there is a default limitations for the gearbox to up-shift (7K rpm for N52 and 6K rpm for M54 engine)

zack700;1101713 said:
Answer:
2) Yes.. It will stay but there is a default limitations for the gearbox to up-shift (7K rpm for N52 and 6K rpm for M54 engine)

Thanks Zack!

Hi Zack,

Do you know is there any easy way to remove the RPM limit for N52?

TIA!

zack700;1101713 said:
Answer:

iankaw;1101734 said:
Hi Zack,

Do you know is there any easy way to remove the RPM limit for N52?

TIA!

I don't think it's advisable to remove RPM cut... It is designed in such way to avoid over-rev.. U use your car for drag-race?

Fyi, eventhough u're paddling in D/S mode, the gear will still automatically shifted at 7K rpm (for N52) and 6K rpm (for M54).. Mean that u can still win a drag race anyway with any M54 (same cc la... Hahaha)

///M 545i;1101784 said:
Any benefits of changing to paddle shift??

I would say it depends on individual.. For me, i normally use the paddle shifter whenever travelling on highway.. If u ever been to KL, there's 1 highway name Karak.. Lots of high-speed corners where u have to frequently drop gear to maintain the 'race-mode'.. Hahaha

I believe it can be retrofitted.. Just have to consult the expert.. [emoji5]️[emoji5]️

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawnloh1221
Back