E60 520i early batch help!

capricax

I experience transmission problems in my early batch E60 520i, where there is sometimes hesistation to accelerate. I also experience hard jerking of the car (as if the car is going to stall on me).

The problem started almost immediately after it was delivered to me(2 yrs ago).

Anyone here experience this same problem too? I sent it for servicing and repair at PML many times and the problem still persists.

Re: E60 520i early batch help!

my moms e60 also got this prob of hesitating to acclerate. alothou i depress abit there is no throttle response at all.. this happens once in a blue moon thou. but its later batch.. this year may. didnt send to pml cos i tink its not serious?

capricax said:
I experience transmission problems in my early batch E60 520i, where there is sometimes hesistation to accelerate. I also experience hard jerking of the car (as if the car is going to stall on me).

The problem started almost immediately after it was delivered to me(2 yrs ago).

Anyone here experience this same problem too? I sent it for servicing and repair at PML many times and the problem still persists.

have you had PML updated the software rev?

I think the best way is to sell it off. PML doesnt seems to know how to solve the problem on the early batch of 520. My friend's 01/2004 520 engine stall whenever the car feel like it!!! Going in and out the workshop, PML say no problem!!!! finally sold it off after 6 months loosing 50+k (sold at 120K).

PML didn't even offer a laon car to my friend automatically since my friend did not know about this, PML just act blur.

My friend hence bought a E-class and happy ever after........... think about this option

It's a very common problem in E60 520 as far as transmission goes. One of the senior workshop heads told me that personally. That's why BMW phased out the model and came up with 523.

Yeah its normal with the E60 M54TU engine. You could upgrade the software with PML. It might help a bit.

yeah i had my share of stallings and jerkings. Had the software updated several times...now there is no more stalling but i still get the occasional jerk and hesistation when i accelerate, i just got to lift my foot off and try again and it would be fine, guess i can live with it till the facelifted E60 is launched!

My colleague just sold his E60 520i and got a Jag X-Type.
He cannot tahan already.

hi;
when is this batch of 520is considered early batch??? early 2005??

thanks in advance.

hamz

hamz said:
hi;
when is this batch of 520is considered early batch??? early 2005??

thanks in advance.

hamz

From Dec2003 to Jun2004. After that, the newer batches were ok

Which is shy i am SPECIFIC when I tell the car dealer what I want...Even tho 03's are now going for lowest 120k....stay away

thanks....so those registered in Jan 2005 should be ok?

cheers ....hamz

thanks.....so car registered in Jan 2005 should be ok??

cheers...hamz

hamz said:
thanks.....so car registered in Jan 2005 should be ok??

cheers...hamz

Teething issues would have been sorted out....cos shortly after that the 523s were rolled out.

Apparently, this is the same as what Pak Jak said. The m54 2.2 block was not powerful enuf to run the active steering apparently, and thus gave all sorts of issues.....

Radon39 said:
Teething issues would have been sorted out....cos shortly after that the 523s were rolled out.

Apparently, this is the same as what Pak Jak said. The m54 block was not powerful enuf to run the active steering apparently, and thus gave all sorts of issues.....

M54 block is still the best bro!!

Locally, we've achieved 407bhp 503nm at crank for a M54 3L block with SK1 stage3....hehehe

E60 520 M54 problems should be software.......some gets it some don't......

'The Great White'

wilman2772 said:
M54 block is still the best bro!!

Locally, we've achieved 407bhp 503nm at crank for a M54 3L block with SK1 stage3....hehehe

E60 520 M54 problems should be software.......some gets it some don't......

'The Great White'

Agree....it is still the best block...but not to power the E60 nia at 2.2l....The 2.5L and 3.0L blocks no issues I hear... Oh well...that is why the current is the 2.5L

Heard IL6 are being phased out...wat a waste

Radon39 said:
Agree....it is still the best block...but not to power the E60 nia at 2.2l....The 2.5L and 3.0L blocks no issues I hear... Oh well...that is why the current is the 2.5L

2.2L also can power E60 one. Power until faster than stock 530 also can!

chickenbackside said:
2.2L also can power E60 one. Power until faster than stock 530 also can!

well...guess as Wilman said, S/W issues....

Radon39 said:

Yah loh....M54 blocks are tried & tested....fantastic strength & reliablility.....That's why I'll only get back M54 block.....till some tuners can crack the software for the new N52 engine......

'The Great White'

Radon39 said:

IL6 being phased out??? I thought BMW was proud to be one of the few (if not the ONLY one) to produce IL6???? Make way for what???? V6??? or F6????

Back