E46 Side Mirrors

SL2

Legendary 10 Years
bogey_free,

If you're looking at the M-Style mirrors, then you gotta wait for them to manufacture one with the ribbon wire. Your model is the same as mine and I've been waiting for eons to get rid of the elephant ears. There might be some light at the end of the tunnel just yet..will let you know when I finally managed to change mine ya! :thumbsup:

SL2 said:
bogey_free,

If you're looking at the M-Style mirrors, then you gotta wait for them to manufacture one with the ribbon wire. Your model is the same as mine and I've been waiting for eons to get rid of the elephant ears. There might be some light at the end of the tunnel just yet..will let you know when I finally managed to change mine ya! :thumbsup:

sure thing!
maybe we can get it changed together for something..... ;)

Guys,

Just to let you all know, my friend has stock for the ribbon wired ones. Asking price is S$700 with memory, bule tinted glass somemore! :D

Regards,
Shedden

Re: E46 Side Mirrors

just got a FL 318i and was looking for optiions for the foldable mirrors, the one that folds upwards. hehehe. However was told by the mechanic that i have do do some special re-wiring to fit the mirrors and will cost me $400 just to do the re-wiring. I almost fainted. Is this true? If not how can i go about fitting those mirrors?

Hi bro , with regards to tat question , I am currently drivng my 4 mth old 318, I got mine at $1500. so if u can get it done at just 400. I suggest u can go for it ya. Cheers ; )

bogey_free said:
hi all-

its been almost 4 weeks since i got my e46 and i have been on this forum for a few months now.
but i have yet to formally say hi so i want to take the opportunity to say a big hello and to all who are in this forum and also thank you to those who have replied to my sometimes dump questions..... :oops:

i am about to embark on my long quest to mod heaven and to start the ball rolling, i am looking to get rid of the "elephant ears" on my ride.
there have been much talk about ac, hagus and m-style mirrors.
ranging from concerns about bkk replica mirrors being incompatible to m-style mirrors can't be fitted to e46 sedans without customizing.
so i am somewhat confused as to what works.
i have a '04 318i sedan (baby bimmer compared to the great white, remy and rest of the big boyz) and my main criteria for selection is that it should work with the memory function on the car.
i am ambivalent between replicas or originals.
any advice from the mod gurus will be much appreciated. TIA.

Sorry Bro,
Can i ask how much you got your e46?

Thanks!

Super2ndgen,

Can you provide more details of the mirror. Are them OEM or Taiwan made? Functions... folding; reverse tilt, memory etc. Pricing includes spray painting and installation? Switch ?

From what I understand at the Kallang meet, several owners are interested but everybody is waiting for everybody.

rex7_vtec said:
How many of you guys are interested in OEM mirrors?

I m interested bro... my ride is E65. been scouting ard but coundnt find anything for my ride.. u got lobang?

Rex7_VTEC,

Here's my understanding of M3-style folding mirrors for E46 (4-door sedan). Currently, basically there are two types, the Taiwan-made M3 replica and the German (I don't know how true) M3 OEM.

The Taiwan-made ones do not fit well, in that a huge piece of black gasket has to be added, and cannot be concealed well.

The OEM ones are supposingly better fit. They come in 12-pin wiring, hence requires somebody to modify it to ribbon wire.

One concern about mirror mod: If it doed not fit well (or not installed properly), at high speed, the mirror vibrates and causes the image to be blurry.

Both J4C and BVO can do the mod. BVO quoted me $600 for the mod (mirror, switch, painting and installation). The only disadvantage about BVO is that the switch they used cannot be incorporated into the door-handle. I don't know why.

The above observation was made end 2004. I don't know about the situation now.

MapleLeaf said:
Rex7_VTEC,

Here's my understanding of M3-style folding mirrors for E46 (4-door sedan). Currently, basically there are two types, the Taiwan-made M3 replica and the German (I don't know how true) M3 OEM.

The Taiwan-made ones do not fit well, in that a huge piece of black gasket has to be added, and cannot be concealed well.

The OEM ones are supposingly better fit. They come in 12-pin wiring, hence requires somebody to modify it to ribbon wire.

One concern about mirror mod: If it doed not fit well (or not installed properly), at high speed, the mirror vibrates and causes the image to be blurry.

Both J4C and BVO can do the mod. BVO quoted me $600 for the mod (mirror, switch, painting and installation). The only disadvantage about BVO is that the switch they used cannot be incorporated into the door-handle. I don't know why.

The above observation was made end 2004. I don't know about the situation now.

Yes I have heard of the situation. However there are OEM M3 ribbon mirrors in the market. I will have to check it out for you if its a direct plug and play for the connectors... Some modifications are needed to fit it onto the sedan. Like maybe an extra screw or something like that. Unless sedan ribbons are different from coupe ribbons then I guess its tough luck mate ;)

hi, i fitted the so called OEM M3 Side Mirrors, now the problem is the vibration on Left Side when goes over bump. Very irritating.

Is not from PML, is from Eng Soon, i actually brought back to Penang and fitted. Any idea how to solve?

ace99 said:
Is not from PML, is from Eng Soon, i actually brought back to Penang and fitted. Any idea how to solve?

Dude - could you pm me or post a pic of your mirror? I am looking at changing mine and sourcing for AC side mirrors now. Reading about these M mirrors is also another option I gather?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hema
Back