E39 M5 - On SGcarmart

Re: E39 M5 - On SGcarmart

E39 M5 comes with double glazing on the side windows. Bling!

jasonmaxima;868228 said:
manual transmission...not smg

The E60 M5 posted is SMG.

Looking at this car make my saliva drool lah.

Drive 1 yr lost $70k. Wah lau eh.

By the way, where is the other 3 E39 ///M5?

davidtch;868318 said:
Looking at this car make my saliva drool lah.

Drive 1 yr lost $70k. Wah lau eh.

By the way, where is the other 3 E39 ///M5?

parf is 74k so 1 yr 25k right...hvnt factor body price...omv is 114k
i think the price is gd

diablo_728;868426 said:
parf is 74k so 1 yr 25k right...hvnt factor body price...omv is 114k
i think the price is gd

that is assuming driver will kill it. a pity though if that happens.
but then the high coe is crap.
in addition, this is also assuming there's no more coughs or hiccups with this ride.
pretty tough decision i say for anyone deciding whether to renew coe when the time comes...

Mockngbrd;868212 said:
Money no enough

I'm sure there are way to ensure the $100K comes to pass - loan, family, friends, hitmee etc.

However, putting fantasy aside, how sure is anyone that the cost will stay at $100K? Repairs leh?

sszone;868449 said:
that is assuming driver will kill it. a pity though if that happens.
but then the high coe is crap.
in addition, this is also assuming there's no more coughs or hiccups with this ride.
pretty tough decision i say for anyone deciding whether to renew coe when the time comes...
Since it is less than 100k km, it should be quite safe to buy. Hiccup will be most likely comes after 100k km. What is sad is to scrap it after that.

Car has had a new clutch job, all leaks (valve cover, rear main seal) replaced recently.

New air con, new drive line bushings.

Super sprint exhaust from headers . Michelin super sports tires.

BMW oem short shifter.

Car is in perfect condition.

Minimum PARF Benefit: $74,151.00
PARF Eligibility Expiry Date: 24 Jun 2013

Reason for sale : another interesting car came up.

Please refer to number on sgcarmart ad for viewing and more details

Last edited by a moderator:

sszone;868175 said:
imagine comparing against this (but ok lah, i am biased....i am E39 fan :p)
not to mention the higher road tax when it becomes a COE car.
so its more for ppl who can afford it as a collectible than a daily drive.

E39M5 i think its a V8, E60M5 V10 hor....keke

Used BMW M5 Car for Sale in Singapore, - sgCarMart

BMW M5 Saloon (COE till 06/2019)
$179,888

281736_4b.jpg

Wow -- 330 kph capable V10 going for less than the price of a Toyota Camry or BMW 116 :shock:

$179,888

whats the max loan a bank will grant?

golilok;882276 said:
$179,888

Wow -- looks like price drop to $159k liao

Believe you can maximize tenor until COE ends e.g. 06/2019 or 6.5+ years

The Beast is calling :D

golilok;882276 said:
$179,888

Bro Golilok... MTL!!!

Yep , it is forumer's car

The spec is impressive, but price is too high. the timing is worst COE renewal now is almost 100k

Introduced in 1998 at the Geneva Motor Show, production did not begin until late October of that year. A total of 20,482 E39 M5s were made from 1999 to 2003. BMW M produced three versions of the E39 M5, the European LHD and RHD versions, and the North American specification version.

The E39 M5 had a highly tuned V8 engine based on the M62 engine called the S62, which displaced 4.9 litres and produced 294 kW (400 PS; 394 bhp).[3] The engine featured a 7,000 rpm redline, Double-VANOS, which varies the intake and exhaust valves timings for both cylinder banks, and individual throttle butterflies for each of the cylinders, allowing for a much faster engine response time.

All E39 M5s were equipped with a Getrag Type D six-speed manual transmission which provided the following gearing ratios:[3]
1st gear: 4.23
2nd gear: 2.53
3rd gear: 1.67
4th gear: 1.23
5th gear: 1.00
6th gear: 0.83

It is the same transmission used in the E39 540i, but some changes were made to cope with the extra power the S62 engine produced. A reinforced clutch, rear differential utilising a shorter 3.15:1 ratio, and a limited slip differential with 25% maximum locking.

The E39 M5 suspension shared its basic aluminium-intensive MacPherson strut/multi-link design of the V8 engined E39 5 series. However, several changes were made by BMW M. Reduced spring height, 23 mm (0.9 in) lower. A specific shock valving, thicker front and rear anti-roll bars, polyurethane auxiliary springs, and steel balljoints.

Like all V8-powered E39 models, the E39 M5 was equipped with a recirculating ball steering system. Overall steering ratio was reduced to 14.7 from 17.9. It featured a Servotronic vehicle-speed-sensitive power assist which provides two levels of resistance controlled via console mounted Sport button. The Sport button also adjusted the electronic throttle butterflies for faster throttle response. The E39 M5 is equipped with four-wheel vented disc brakes measuring 345 mm (13.58 in) in diameter in front and 328 mm (12.91 in) in diameter in the rear.[3] On European-specification models, the rotors are of a "floating" two-piece design for reduced risk of cone distortion. Their lower unsprung weight improves ride quality and traction on bumpy surfaces as well. Anti-lock brakes, EML (fly-by-wire) throttle control and Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) were standard.

During its five years in production, there were some cosmetic changes in 2001 to include:[4]
Revised headlights incorporating illuminated "Corona Ring" design (incandescent plastic rings surrounding the headlights, often referred to as "Angel Eyes")
Jewel tone Celis tail light design
Park Distance Control sensors in the front bumper (previously in rear only)
Thicker three-spoke M steering wheel identical to the one fitted to the E46 M3
Grey instrument panel
Improved solar sensor for standard automatic climate control
Revised navigation/audio unit with larger (6.5-inch) monitor (Standard on US Spec 2001–2003)
Rear head protection airbags added
Second-generation M Mobility tyre repair system in place of earlier version
Available M Audio System with special tweeters, Kevlar/carbon coaxial speakers and two subwoofers behind the rear console
Alcantara headliner included with Extended Leather interior (previously only included with Complete Leather)

For the subsequent two model years, changes were limited to the addition of new exterior colors (from 9/01 production) and the upgrade to a DVD-based navigation system (from 9/02 production).

[edit] Performance

The official BMW of North America statement (mentioned in the 2003 brochure) for the acceleration time from 0–60 mph is 4.8s. Official statements from BMW are typically conservative and many reviewers claim to have achieved this under 4.5 seconds and the less restricted European version is routinely clocked at 4.6 seconds.[citation needed] It is electronically limited to a top speed of 250 km/h (155 mph),[5] and was just .1 (1/10) of a second off the 0–60 time of the latest M5 model.

When the e39 M5 was announced late in 1998, it was considered the hottest sedan ever to be produced by BMW. Maybe even the hottest sedan in modern history. The car wasn’t cheap, but it wasn’t super expensive either. However, there were stories in 2000 where the car was selling for $25k OVER list – because it had created such a frenzy. Buying a used e39 1999 e39 M5 is probably one of the best excuses for not buying a new car.

Let’s face it, you get four hundred horsepower, xenon lights and impressive zero to 60 times – somewhere around four seconds. The 1999 model year has the same tire footprint that all other model years have: 18 inches in the back…per side.

Keeping those steamrollers on the pavement is also another m5 engineering marvel: BMW’s DSC or Dynamic Stability control software. As soon as it detects a slide, the throttle is retarded by some very aware and sensitive software.

Many drivers have said that the DSC feature in all model years is too sensitive and it should have increments from super safe to off. In later model years (2000 and up) BMW M5 engineers included the ability for DSC to also provide braking input in the event of a more serious slide. Either way you cut it, the e39 m5 has terrific handling characteristcs with or without the DSC button on.

For a real blast however, turn it off and go play with the M5 to really feel what those four hundred horses are all about.

Some have said on forums that the e39 is the strongest M5 ever built by BMW. Better than the current design for its ‘hot-rod’ like qualities and manual shifting.

One of the greatest joys in buying and owning a used e39 1999 bmw m5 is the ability to manually transfer and control all that power with a clutch and stick. There’s something primal about driving this highly refined car with complete manual control.

However, be forewarned, replacing a clutch in this car is not cheap. At this point an e39 m5 clutch job will run you about $3,000 because you are replacing both flywheels.

Yes, this car is strong, but if you beat on it, it’s not going to be cheap to fix. Front brakes on the e39 m5 require new rotors – thus creating a bill of around $800 or more if you get it serviced by BMW – which we wholeheartedly recommend.

Having said all this, it’s worth the cash it takes to keep these cars on the road. Doing so will provide you a tremendous driving experience that can only be rivalled by cars costing many times more.

Buying a used e39 m5 is a totally smart investment – these cars definitely hold their value better than comparable units from other German car makers.

The list of 1999 features in the m5 is impressive. Electric steering column adjustments, a BMW Mobility tire repair kit and a luxury package that included fluted leather and walnut trim. You’ll see lots of these with walnut trim.

Seat warmers were standard as were one of the best wheel designs BMW ever made for its performance M Powered cars.

Expect fuel economy somewhere around 20 miles to the gallon (combined city and highway) unless you drive it like you stole it – which is what usually happens in the first year. In that case, fuel economy in the e39 m5 is usually somewhere around 5 miles to the gallon. And worth every gallon.

With a top speed of about 155 miles per hour (electronically limited), you can get into all sorts of trouble. But with the money you’ll save if you buy a used e39 1999 bmw m5, you can afford a few speeding tickets.

I had the 4th E39 M5 & it was exported 2yrs ago so guess there's only 3 left now. Same color as our bro here ;)

It's the sweetest 4 door saloon you can have especially if you love manuals, I could overtake plenty of Porsches on corners. Well, caught them off guard :D This is the ultimate Q-car if you want one. Sold it because the torque was so addictive & always find myself in very dangerous situations :p

Max I hit was 280km/h on meter, stock car delimited on cheap Falkens & it could do more but balls shrunk :D

You guys should pause a while from looking @ new cars & appreciate something like this. Below S$190K for another 10yrs & you don't need another sports car.

Oh, the guy who still has my E39 also have the E60 M5 but he prefers the old bird, purer & simpler to maintain.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jilisfyi
Back