DVD Vol Vs Radio Vol

flyboy

Hi all,

Wondering is it normal that the DVD volume(at a reasonable level) is very much higher than that of a radio volume....

Whenever I play DVD, I need to turn the knob to a very much higher level such that when I stop playing, the volume just blasted at a very high level playing the radio stations.

Now I have to constantly remind myself to lower the volume whenever I stop playing the DVD player

Any one else has this problem?

Re: DVD Vol Vs Radio Vol

Bro.... I have the same problem... driving a F12... I think this is a system problem... dont think anyone can offer a solution...

Re: DVD Vol Vs Radio Vol

omshks;835062 said:
Bro.... I have the same problem... driving a F12... I think this is a system problem... dont think anyone can offer a solution...

This problem is mainly because different CDs, mp3s and different sources like different radio stations have different recorded levels. Even on TV the volume can suddenly change mainly when the ads come on. They are deliberately louder to attract your attention.

So basically no solution. The closest to a compromise is a max volume setting eg like found in my wife's (much less expensive) Golf TSI which has a max volume setting for each source cd/radio/aux etc.

OT when I collected her Golf the very enthusiastic (also young and female and more chio than PML) sales exec was most impressive, explaining every thing on a 4 page check list (including max vol settings). I don't remember such a comprehensive explanation the last time I collected a new car from my PML SE (male, older, etc)

Back