Does pre-LCI E90 have hill-hold function?

easy

Hi,
Any bros know whether our pre-LCI E90s come with hill hold function - that is the feature which aids in moving off without slipping backwards when car is stopped on an upslope.

Re: Does pre-LCI E90 have hill-hold function?

i think every auto car has this function when put in D and let go brake on slope

wt_know;1058740 said:
i think every auto car has this function when put in D and let go brake on slope
Depends on gradient. Too steep still slip.

When I'm alone in the car, it will not slip back when start off on steep slope. Don't know if this is truly hill-hold or just the normal torque creep counteracting gravity. Haven't tested when there are passengers. True hill-hold should detect extra weight and make adjustments accordingly to counteract increased weight.

easy;1058764 said:
When I'm alone in the car, it will not slip back when start off on steep slope. Don't know if this is truly hill-hold or just the normal torque creep counteracting gravity. Haven't tested when there are passengers. True hill-hold should detect extra weight and make adjustments accordingly to counteract increased weight.
A true hill hold is 1 that has electronic parking brake. Torque converter can only do so much to counteract the slip.

davidtch;1058805 said:
A true hill hold is 1 that has electronic parking brake. Torque converter can only do so much to counteract the slip.

I'm guessing most modern applications of hill-hold are paired with e-parking brake, but is it not possible to incorporate it with manual handbrake?

easy;1058811 said:
I'm guessing most modern applications of hill-hold are paired with e-parking brake, but is it not possible to incorporate it with manual handbrake?
Definitely not. There would be coordination issue btw AT & parking brake.

easy;1058811 said:

Why not, quite a few BMW with manual hand brake has hill assist, eg 1M

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i9bet9club
Back