Civic beats X3

Re: Civic beats X3

That is the same as saying
Perodua Kanchil beats SBS Bus

Not a fair comparison bud. Try taking it off-road and see. BTW are you driving a Honda?

hahahaha.
BMX bicycle can beat Kia Picanto too

sorry, don't want to register just to read it... can someone just summarise or cut and paste?

I didnt register either....just looked at the Subject

This was the posting

Bros,

I was waiting at the traffic light enjoying my zhou dong's music, when it was overpowered bassing music coming from a car stopped on my right. Because of the annoying bassy music, took a glance at my right.....I saw a young chap driving a BMW X3 2.5, enjoying the music with a window wind down......at this time he also took a glance at me.....(with the high stance of a X3 he was looking DOWN on me).......

It was past midnight and the road infront of the traffic lights were clear....signal me that this may be a potiental sprint.....Looking at the traffic lights turning amble for the perpendicular traffic, I gotten ready for a show down between a BMW X3 2.5 and a Honda civic.......

Once the traffic lights turns green, I ease off my clutch with a 50% throttle depress....my car move forward.....sensing the X3 also surge forward, I floored my acclerator....my engine roared and as soon I glance a my rpm, it was approaching 6800 rpm. Staring at my rpm, I power shifted maintaining a 50% throttle once it touch 6800 and I half depress my clutch good enough to shift into 2nd gear. I floored my acclerator and throw my clutch sending my car on a skeeching spree.......after a tenth of a second my the tyres quickly bites on the newly paved surface.....my car jumped forward maintaining the pull. The corner of my eye sense the X3 is still side by side.....thinking of that, I tought to myself that my manual shifts are as fast as a BMW autos.....kee kee Twisted Evil

However, at the same time, I entered into a tunnel vision where I only concentrate on my rpm, my speed and things infront of me.....at this trance, things seems to be going very slow around me.... as soon as I felt that, I glance at my rpm showing 6800, my quick reaction prompted me to shift to third gear, maintaining my rpm and my vtec range I power shift into third.......sending my car jumping forward.....as soon as I entered into third gear, I sense that the X3 was falling back.........with his engine roaring away.....maintaining my full throttle my speed climbed quickly to 160km/hr.........looking at my rear mirror I could see the whole X3 behind me.......(good guess about 3-4 car length)....at this time, my car was like mario brothers jumping up and down (as I'm on coilovers)......I ease off my throttle and tap on my brakes to slow my car down......to about 90km/hr......

The X3 tailgated me all the way to adam's road hawker centre traffic lights (under the flyover)......where we waited for the traffic lights (he was behind me).......at this time, then I realised that my air-con is still ON!.......thinking I have proven my point, I moved off normally.....and turned into bukit timah road/serene centre junction.....looking at the rear mirror...the X3 followed closely, I signal left to let him pass me....suddenly he surved to my left and cut closely to the leftside body of my car and full throttled sending his car foward towards coronation plaza..........knowing that there's lot of road blocks along bukit timah road, I drive normally observing traffic infront of me.......

Looking at the speeding X3 going for the fliter out lane infront of coronation plaza he had a near miss with two cars...one with a car at the same lane and one with a car coming up from the underpass......knowing he was in a bad position he acclerate and squeeze through a merging car on the right and a stopping car infront of him.......At the spit second, I though I gonna to witness an serious accident......lucky he made it.......
Wink Wink Wink

call this a ego boasting post or a potiential flaming post......but one word i must say "I LOVE MY HONDA".........

cheers

The way I look at it, this is but only one side of the story. However this does not change the fact that both drivers are stoopid, reckless and in-considerate to engage each other is a high speed street race. They are not only endangering themselves but more importantly other road users as well.....What on earth were they thinking of???

The Honda guy thinks : Power Of Dream
The BMW guy thinks : Ultimate Driving Machine

Both drivers' BALLS bigger than their BRAINS lah.......

Whatever car vs whatever car, wanna prove something, TAKE IT TO THE TRACK........

DO NOT ENDANGER OTHER INNOCENT ROAD USERS!

"I entered into a tunnel vision where I only concentrate on my rpm, my speed and things infront of me.....at this trance, things seems to be going very slow around me...."

arguments about street racing aside,

i don't think its very wise to develop tunnel vision. i would imagine that as your speed increases, the need to be aware of your surroundings should be greater and not less? also, the bit about things slowing down... seems like he watched 2F2F one too many times...

the civic driver did highlight an interesting point about shifting gears. although on paper most manuals are faster, it all depends on how well the driver shifts. as opposed to an auto or SMG where all you need to do is floor the throttle... if you're as lousy as i am at shifting, it makes no difference how much hp your engine has.

rodders said:
Not a fair comparison bud. Try taking it off-road and see. BTW are you driving a Honda?

Interesting...this article abt a honda beating an x3 is his first post. :whythis: We have a newbie intro folder where you can say hello. A monthly meetup too.

Many of the guys here oso love the VTEC "ROAR". In fact, someone jus set his eyes on a Euro-R. It's not the first honda here either.

This forum has nice people and most aren't prejudiced about the kind of car you drive. So feel free to mingle and make some new friends.

es_king, hope you enjoy your stay! Drive safe.

oh yah, and launching at 50% throttle?? his rpm's probably 3000-4000... and yet no wheel spin?? he's on semi-slicks is it?

haha intersting comparison..

but to need 160kmh to pull away from an X3 doesnt seem like very impressive leh..

eg.. a 5 second car should do that much faster right? correct me if I am wrong... just trying to imagine thats all......

Oh well, I guess all these "jio-ing" happens everyday on our roads and usually there is no right or wrong party lah.. If you are jio-ed, and you respond, that makes you not much better that the jio-er.

Kekeke.

(self reflecting...)
hehehehe

wake up la Civic bro! dun endanger the public road.. want to challenge go track.. kekekeke

road races are never fair or objective nor safe, cannot be verified and should not be glorified.

he writes well for a boy-racer though :)

hahahaha, well written article...
pick with ur own size bro...

TripleM said:
The Honda guy thinks : Power Of Dream
The BMW guy thinks : Ultimate Driving Machine

When the Honda guy has a family, he thinks: (Lack of) Power of the Wish
When the BMW guy gets older, he buys a Porsche and thinks: BMW; Penultimate driving machine

Go to http://www.powerofdreams.co.uk/ and check out the "Impossible Dream" TV ad. Really cool!

Back