Checking OMV for F10 5 Series

BC2710

Hi all,

Have heard from friend's friend that the OMV of the F10 from PML is only S$30k+. Some even say that the new car owners were so unhappy about it that they have refused to collect their cars. Apparently, it is due to the weaker Euro.

Any new F10 owners out here can confirm this rumor?

Re: Checking OMV for F10 5 Series

onemotoring.com has the omv details of cars registered. Average of $40k.

Even $40k is a ridiculous omv for a $200k car.

Can not be that low, the average $40k one is the E60 not the F10. I remember when they launch the E60 525i its was abt $57k OMV/ $25k COE, selling at $216k after discount.

etan1;548340 said:
onemotoring.com has the omv details of cars registered. Average of $40k.

PML last month registered F10 523i

BMW 523i 2.5 auto abs d/ab 2wd 4dr gas/d 2,497cc
OMV : $40,581
COE : $45,501
Total Cost : $138,328

'The Great White'

huh? the omv for the new 5series is even lower than the C200 (approx. 44k) i drove.....

Even the E90 320 had a OMV of $41K then when the the Euro was red hot

etan1;548355 said:
this is accurate.... I am sure there are unhappy f10 buyers about the lower omv. Not sure if any has refused collection of their new cars, and what they are fighting for....reduced purchase price?

If a reputable main agent claims that the Euro is so low, then shouldn't this translate as lower overall car prices?

Also when is the currency exchange of OMV calculated? Based on the time you buy your car or the time it reaches Singapore? How they calculate anyway? Shouldn't LTA be the watchdog over this? It did the same when PIs were under declaring the values of their imported cars before.
:huhhuh::huhhuh::huhhuh:

don't think pml will go down that road to under declare omv.
since they are the "sole" AD for BMW, i speculate they have the full control to "time" the order and register the car in batches.
if they choose not to order or register the car, they just tell you there is a delay. in anyway, they are the winner whether euro goes up or down.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maybe the second batch buyers will get cheaper deals.
PML cannot keep ignoring the low OMV and potential PI's competition!

I think moral of the story is to put it into the sales agreement a minimum omv, below which PML must refund. Otherwise, PML is making money from unsuspecting buyers. Their profit margin is superbly high.

T6;548436 said:
I think moral of the story is to put it into the sales agreement a minimum omv, below which PML must refund. Otherwise, PML is making money from unsuspecting buyers. Their profit margin is superbly high.
i dont think they will do that becoz they will say that OMV is only known upon registering the car...furthermore, the headquarter is the one footing the bill hence PML has no control how the OMV will result in the end...

my humble view [not model answer...]

omv is but a component of the overall price. the e60 and now the f10 will continue to command good prices if the buyers are concerned about resale value. if one does not go thru the dealers, i am sure the market prices will be reasonable. i own an audi a4 before with poon pipi omv but then, i realised, no point.

just my humble view.

btw, me just got a 318i with sunroof somemore so i thought, ho say liaos - omv sure gao gao, when i saw the paper, wah lau eh, 27k only ah? but then, i like the ride, so i happy.

:)

If the fall of Euros affect the omv so much.. PML shld sell the cars at much lower price. :thumbsup:

The F10 omv is lower than a nissan 370z.... Which I find it ridiculous as it is selling much more expensive. :argue:

F10 523i price shld be lower than a 370z as the omv is lower than a nissan 370z.:dance:

i think best is not to buy now? let wait and see what happens...whether pml will eventually succumb to lowering their prices due to poorer demand or maintain cos demand is really too strong? so lets all wait and see...put it this way...if omv is low due to euro, pml has no reason to lowering the prices of the car since the initial demand seems pretty strong to sustain at the current levels...they are afterall a profit-maximising organisation...conversely if omv goes up, do we expect them to maintain or increase prices then? that said, lets hope prices will adjust according to market mechanism in the coming months...i.e. lower demand forcing them to sell lower or give generous discounts...if not, current omvs do not justify buying a bimmer...jap cars suddenly seem better value...LOL!

i think GTR OMV is way higher considering it is only slightly higher the top line 535 price...hmmm

The problem is, major consumer businesses are monopolised in SG. They do whatever they want and get away with it. And the worse thing is, people still buy! There would be a riot if this happened elsewhere.

Are Singaporeans just lifeless sheep? Or just too plain rich?

Back