Cheapskate ///M owners gather here

Oilman

Legendary 10 Years
This morning I saw a Facebook post about an M Club drive to Malaysia and wanted to sign up. One thing led to another before I realized I'm not a member hahaha... what happened ah? Didn't all M owners used to be part of the club?

One of the admins said I need to pay $50 registration and $100 subscription (valid until end-2017) to be a member. Wah so atas one? Got clubhouse?

So, maybe there should be an alternate M Club (W Club?) for the cheapskates who just want to drive our cars up north for Sunday breakfasts, look for B roads, drive it hard, come back safely in time for lunch.

Anyone?

This morning I saw a Facebook post about an M Club drive to Malaysia and wanted to sign up. One thing led to another before I realized I'm not a member hahaha... what happened ah? Didn't all M owners used to be part of the club?

One of the admins said I need to pay $50 registration and $100 subscription (valid until end-2017) to be a member. Wah so atas one? Got clubhouse?

So, maybe there should be an alternate M Club (W Club?) for the cheapskates who just want to drive our cars up north for Sunday breakfasts, look for B roads, drive it hard, come back safely in time for lunch.

Anyone?

Bro, M club is not only about drives, the M club Exco committee organize events, workshops, launch of new vehicles and perks for all members in the club.

The registration fee and subscription fees means nothing as compared to what the exco committee has done to club be it their efforts and time for planning and organising events.

It's like when you buy a Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche and AMG. Does'nt mean you buy the car your officially in the club and it's the same as what alot of official car club is doing.

Bro oilman! Welcome back.. haha!

Give chance la... all other clubs also collect subscription fees to pay for their necessities such as events/drives/website costs etc

Anyway, I don't think it's a matter of atas or not atas. That's besides the point. It's pretty normal for car clubs to collect subscription fees as per what bro Mok has mentioned. In fact, M club used to have a HIGHER subscription of $300 but because the club became defunct, the fees did not continue to be collected by the "then committee"

In 2015 a group of passionate M owners came together and formed this current committee to revive the M club and put in a lot of pro bono time and effort to make things work. I mean, they don't really stand to gain much from being in the committee. As a bystander, I think what they did was quite admirable.

M club needs more people like you who like to organize drives etc (good passion!!) and also have ideas in cost savings! I believe the committee will be more than happy to hear you out if you don't mind sharing with them.. haha chill la bro.

If you wanna drive, can always call me (cause I also cheapskate) lol

Anyone?

Bro, M club is not only about drives, the M club Exco committee organize events, workshops, launch of new vehicles and perks for all members in the club.

The registration fee and subscription fees means nothing as compared to what the exco committee has done to club be it their efforts and time for planning and organising events.

It's like when you buy a Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche and AMG. Does'nt mean you buy the car your officially in the club and it's the same as what alot of official car club is doing.

You're missing the point. My post is not about "why are car clubs collecting fees." My post is "those who just wanna drive without the bells and whistles, please show your hands."

Bro oilman! Welcome back.. haha!

Give chance la... all other clubs also collect subscription fees to pay for their necessities such as events/drives/website costs etc

Anyway, I don't think it's a matter of atas or not atas. That's besides the point. It's pretty normal for car clubs to collect subscription fees as per what bro Mok has mentioned. In fact, M club used to have a HIGHER subscription of $300 but because the club became defunct, the fees did not continue to be collected by the "then committee"

In 2015 a group of passionate M owners came together and formed this current committee to revive the M club and put in a lot of pro bono time and effort to make things work. I mean, they don't really stand to gain much from being in the committee. As a bystander, I think what they did was quite admirable.

M club needs more people like you who like to organize drives etc (good passion!!) and also have ideas in cost savings! I believe the committee will be more than happy to hear you out if you don't mind sharing with them.. haha chill la bro.

If you wanna drive, can always call me (cause I also cheapskate) lol

Haha yes I can always count on you!

Anyone?
Hi Oilman,

Yes, I'm another cheapskates drivers who enjoys going north. Please jio when you are organizing one. Hope to see you soon!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i9bet9club
Back