Change Engine mounting & Transmission mounting

Re: Change Engine mounting & Transmission mounting

Ahbengdriver;1094336 said:
Ooiii Hiadees, the Lunar 7th month has arrived. And soon its mooncake time. Ok that's not the topic here, soli.

Came across many E9Xers who had changed their mountings. Usually mileage of their cars are between 100000km to 120000km range. Most had been advised to change them by WS who spotted wearing or are asked to changed them because "it is about time". Apparently these wear-n-tear items causes the car to vibrate unusually during start-stop. Google it and you will also find that 'experts' says it affect some other things. Essentially its like the Engine and Tranny are wearing worn out shoes so time to change your sandals.

SO AH...ERR HMMM. is it a must to change this? Yours truly's pariah-es are 100k to 120k liao but I haven't felt those so called vibrations leh. Hope the residents of the 7th months wont come and vibrate my car of course.

Hiadee, sometimes it could be that u were used to the vibrations (but not so bad that it warrants a change). But after changing u would feel the difference, like when it was new. If backside itchy then just change, if want to save money, then leave it.

lkm;1095361 said:
Just changed my engine and gearbox mounts today. 160,000km. And BOY! I wished I had done it sooner!! It's now super smooth like what a BMW should be all over again! When I first collected by my car, I already felt the difference the moment I pushed the engine start button.

I was so used to the old vibrations. And at the first traffic light I stopped at, the engine was so smooth and quiet that I had to check my tachometer as I thought my engine had stalled!!

Bought from ES - engine mounts @ $42 per piece, and gearbox mounts @ $14 per piece. Replacement labour not included.

Old car feels new again! =)

Feels weird replying to my own post.... but it's been 4 days since I replaced my engine and gearbox mounts and I cannot be happier with the replacement. I'm now finding myself keeping my radio turned OFF when I drive, just to experience the new found silence of the (lack of) engine noise and vibration in the cabin! Sweee!

lkm;1095812 said:
Feels weird replying to my own post.... but it's been 4 days since I replaced my engine and gearbox mounts and I cannot be happier with the replacement. I'm now finding myself keeping my radio turned OFF when I drive, just to experience the new found silence of the (lack of) engine noise and vibration in the cabin! Sweee!

bro, you are not alone, had the same feeling after I changed the mounts. though the mileage is low, but due to the age... feel more like a conti now. also asked the workshop to adjust the door seal and it close with a nicer sound now.

Hi lkm, u bought mount from ES. Can share where u install? Mine also due. Thx

hi lkm, please PM WS contact, and how much is the labour for both engine and transmission mount separately.

Hi lkm, please do share which workshop you go to for the labour job..
Thanks...

lkm;1095812 said:

lkm, you just poison me ! I going to change tomorrow ! hahaha !

donworks;1104773 said:
lkm, you just poison me ! I going to change tomorrow ! hahaha !

Oh! I'm sure you'll love the drive after the replacement!

lkm;1104891 said:
Oh! I'm sure you'll love the drive after the replacement!

i already did, no more vibrations and indeed it drive like a new car ! :) Tks !

Hi lkm, appreciate if you could pm the whole damage and the ws. Thanks!

Hi lkm, could u give me the ws details . I have already asked ES for my engine and gearbox mounts . Time to change , I have vibrations from the dash. 143,000km
Thank you

Enjoy the drive. I too changed the engine and transmission mounting. It's a small price to pay to enjoy yr ride. Less than $400 with installation. It's a wear n tear part anyway. My ride is 205k km but is calm n silence

Back