Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups

Center Console Peeling

Liverpudlian

Hi guys,

Pic is a bit blur.

Could be due to weather that the center console is peeling, the part where u place the drinks beside the handbrake.

If i bring to PML, will they change for free or have to charge even if it is within warranty?

Thank.

Re: Center Console Peeling

Hey hey, doubt that u can get them changed under warranty as the warranty doesn't cover items like these which are considered wear and tear. If u still want to get them changed, PML is selling the drinks console for about S$70++. As for the other part (the other console) should be about S$100++.

U can check the relevant parts number over here: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=ET16&mospid=47637&btnr=51_3241&hg=51&fg=35

Cheers!
Sam

Can can!! I changed it under warrenty. Just kp abit say why the quality so lousy!! Same peeling problem for me at the lock button there

theres someone selling their centre console in Parts Bazaar. You might want to check it out. Mine is peeling as well. But not too bad still.

Go and buy from Eng Soon, much cheaper, and also you get to choose if you want storage box with sliding cover or the usual cup holder.

Oh man, looks like its a common problem, mine's the same as well even to the rear sliding compartment ..sigh !

xuexun;135806 said:
Can can!! I changed it under warrenty. Just kp abit say why the quality so lousy!! Same peeling problem for me at the lock button there

Haha Time to bang table i guess.... hopefully no need to bang too hard!

Sam,
U should ask for money back. Center console isnt wear n tear item.
I hv got a friend who had his whole dashboard changed also, cool huh?

Rastaman;135832 said:
Oh man, looks like its a common problem, mine's the same as well even to the rear sliding compartment ..sigh !

Ok, go CF it at Robson....swee5x

TripleM;135854 said:
Sam,
U should ask for money back. Center console isnt wear n tear item.
I hv got a friend who had his whole dashboard changed also, cool huh?

Hehe... its a LONG time ago... oh well, if i do get it changed, it'll be my SECOND centre console :)

this is a common problem with the new water based paint they used in Germany.
Just go back to PML and get them changed.
i changed my both door panels (windows swtich) centre console and cup holder twice....all warranty.

Hi Sam,

Told you to make sure the center console is properly clean-up after your exercise session, right :)

Human liquid (eg. se.....) is sometime quite acidic.......

Ha.a..a.

stevenwu;135901 said:
Hi Sam,

Told you to make sure the center console is properly clean-up after your exercise session, right :)

Human liquid (eg. se.....) is sometime quite acidic.......

Ha.a..a.

Oh... so long then u post ONE miserable post! And it's to suan me!! :)

For those whose warranty has expired, u can bring it to Angie to spray. Saw 2 sets of centre consoles getting a respray there!

Cheers!

Azrielsc,

Where's Angie located? Site sponsor?

My center console is peeling a little, always wondered if I could do it myself with bottled paints used on model aircrafts... Nevertheless, a professional service may be a better choice.

imk, where did u go to change? who is your SA.

I went to alexandra and KA, both wont change for me

i called my sale rep and complain. she brought it up to the GM. can't remember the name, i will check with my secretary and post again.

Centre console peeling -- confirm can change under warranty; I've done it at 19 months, and at 35 months. In both cases, just be polite and firm, and say that it's unacceptable that it will peel. In both cases, the CSA agreed with me, and no nonsense about wear and tear, just changed.

The alternative is to remove the layer (think it's slightly rubberised), then put a good layer of primer, then paint it swee swee. That's where (e.g.) Angie/Yew Lip comes in... :)

Good luck.

emiffy, did that, done that. they still dont want to change. say "cosmetic" not under warranty. ;(

Back