• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Careful of This 318IS

Re: Careful of This 318IS

Does Singapore have some sort of registry for accidents? Might be useful when buying a pre-owed car. Sort of like carfax in the states.

Mockngbrd;494789 said:
his intentions are pretty good to me. letting ppl know the condition of the car. what's wrong ?

There's a saying that perception is reality. But if you delineate the two, the intentions look very different - A true civic minded person would say that since the car is wrecked, it should not be used by another person. It should be scrapped.

In his case, the reality is that since the car is wrecked, he thought he should sell it away to a dealer which of course will have to resell it knowing that the dealer is not in the business pro bono. Then he creates the perception of being civic minded by warning everyone not to buy it.

At the same time, he drew attention to the fact that the dealer is going to make more money than he should because he sold it to the dealer on the cheap.

So is he trying to be civic minded about the car or is he warning us about the unscrupulous dealer or is he not happy with the fact that he got so little for the car and that he should have sold the car himself ?

how do u know the current seller is a dealer?

Red_Bean_Bun;494805 said:
There's a saying that perception is reality. But if you delineate the two, the intentions look very different - A true civic minded person would say that since the car is wrecked, it should not be used by another person. It should be scrapped.

In his case, the reality is that since the car is wrecked, he thought he should sell it away to a dealer which of course will have to resell it knowing that the dealer is not in the business pro bono. Then he creates the perception of being civic minded by warning everyone not to buy it.

At the same time, he drew attention to the fact that the dealer is going to make more money than he should because he sold it to the dealer on the cheap.

So is he trying to be civic minded about the car or is he warning us about the unscrupulous dealer or is he not happy with the fact that he got so little for the car and that he should have sold the car himself ?

why not take the first step and inform the relevant authorities or even better, call up the seller and preach to him his moral obligation to scrap the car.

NATO

Red_Bean_Bun;494787 said:
Then why did you not scrap the car and do society a favour ?

And now you gripe about how the dealer is trying to make money out of the car of which is a huge part of his profession. Gives me the impression that maybe if he had paid more for your car, you would not have brought it up ?

Your intentions are ambiguous to me.

Well let me offer another possibility.
A wrecks his car. So A sells his car to B at a below market price taking into acct that car has been wrecked before. Life goes on...
Few months later, A sees car put up on the market at a price that does not reflect the fact that it was wrecked before. So A does what he can to warn others.
Nothing wrong with that I say.

A true civic minded person would say that since the car is wrecked, it should not be used by another person. It should be scrapped.
Why you say this? If car has been repaired and is roadworthy, I don't see why it should be scrapped. Who are we to judge whether another person should or shouldn't drive a repaired wrecked car?
Hey wait a minute!!! You are not B are you? Hmmmn your intentions are ambigous to me.....

Hi Longhorn,
I agree with you. In my opinion, as long as the car is safe to drive, its ok to sell. but since it's wrecked, morally speaking it shouldnt be sold at gd condition price.

:)

longhorn;494996 said:
Well let me offer another possibility.
A wrecks his car. So A sells his car to B at a below market price taking into acct that car has been wrecked before. Life goes on...
Few months later, A sees car put up on the market at a price that does not reflect the fact that it was wrecked before. So A does what he can to warn others.
Nothing wrong with that I say.

Why you say this? If car has been repaired and is roadworthy, I don't see why it should be scrapped. Who are we to judge whether another person should or shouldn't drive a repaired wrecked car?
Hey wait a minute!!! You are not B are you? Hmmmn your intentions are ambigous to me.....

No, I am not B. And I do scrap cars I owned that have been wrecked. My view which you do not subscribe to is this - If the frame of the car have been compromised to the point that wheels are sticking out for example then whoever that buys this car off the second market would be driving with a car with a much higher exposure to risks. That is my main point and why some of my family members refuse to buy second hand cars and insist on that.

kelvinyong;495042 said:
Hi Longhorn,
I agree with you. In my opinion, as long as the car is safe to drive, its ok to sell. but since it's wrecked, morally speaking it shouldnt be sold at gd condition price.

Its all about risk mitigation. Its definitely not as safe as it was before the accident.

Would you put your kids in the car ? The seller obviously will not....else why would he sell the car even at a lower price ?

Red_Bean_Bun;495117 said:
My view which you do not subscribe to is this - If the frame of the car have been compromised to the point that wheels are sticking out for example then whoever that buys this car off the second market would be driving with a car with a much higher exposure to risks.
you r incorrect. if the above is your view, then I agree with your view. read my post again carefully. what i disagree with u is that it is not up to us to tell others how much a risk he/she wants to take. if one knowingly buys a wrecked car at a cheap price knowing he is taking a higher risk, it is not for me to preach.

i note ur comment abt scrapping your own wrecked cars. I applaud that. But pls don't impose your own values on others.

Red_Bean_Bun;494787 said:
Then why did you not scrap the car and do society a favour ?

And now you gripe about how the dealer is trying to make money out of the car of which is a huge part of his profession. Gives me the impression that maybe if he had paid more for your car, you would not have brought it up ?

Your intentions are ambiguous to me.

I don't believe the current owner (if he still owns this car) is a dealer, cause he bought my old E36 seats.

Actually I dun understand why futron sell 12K knowing the ride was wraped & now that the buyer did so much to the car trying sell 29K to make a profit is wrong? Is good that futron warn us, so when we go buy, we make sure the ride is worth. If not happy dun buy. I think wrecked condition alot of level, not necessary all wrecked car must scrap. Serious accident also alot level, if futron can fetch 12K then the car confirm can use on the road. Btw E36 has it value & if can, i guess any driver will not scrap it but re-built & sell.
so who is responsible for selling a wrecked car & put it on the road again? futron at 12K or the "dealer" re-built, renew COE & sell 29K.

i have enough of it. first of all if anyone think that i bought a cheap car think again, i am buying a so call wreck car at $5k plus drep and others that are selling is asking at $6k plus drep, do all of u think its is cheap enough to buy a total wreck? second he did not tell me its a total wreck before buying, when i test drove the car he even told me the noise coming from the back is from the batt. he think i am stupid or what i know it was involved in a accident but not to the extend of a total wreck. third if anyone have seen the car from the fultonsim and see the car from me now knows how much i have done to it. and last i am the owner of the car and not a dealer i have a log card to prove it.

c63lancer;496039 said:
i have enough of it. first of all if anyone think that i bought a cheap car think again, i am buying a so call wreck car at $5k plus drep and others that are selling is asking at $6k plus drep, do all of u think its is cheap enough to buy a total wreck? second he did not tell me its a total wreck before buying, when i test drove the car he even told me the noise coming from the back is from the batt. he think i am stupid or what i know it was involved in a accident but not to the extend of a total wreck. third if anyone have seen the car from the fultonsim and see the car from me now knows how much i have done to it. and last i am the owner of the car and not a dealer i have a log card to prove it.
from ur side of story, this thread shld be deleted. Not fair to the buyer who wants to sell it.
5K dep for a wreck car is alot & ahem... the seller never tell u some more.. :errrrrrr: just my opinion.

InFlames;495898 said:
I don't believe the current owner (if he still owns this car) is a dealer, cause he bought my old E36 seats.

He is also looking for milk powder money which I have spoken with him before....

c63lancer;496039 said:

So how does it drive now? Anything wrong with the alignment, body structure, etc? If nothing wrong to you then all's cool. Nevermind other's perception whether it is a wreck or not.

A bimmer is still a bimmer...:D

pengful;496598 said:
So how does it drive now? Anything wrong with the alignment, body structure, etc? If nothing wrong to you then all's cool. Nevermind other's perception whether it is a wreck or not.

A bimmer is still a bimmer...:D
+1 , alot pple say my E36 like mense red... :errrrrrr:

i uploaded a video on YT how a 'repaired' car that was previously involved in an accident performs in a controlled crash test with another identical car.
let me know if anyone's interested in viewing it.
stefman;494797 said:
Does Singapore have some sort of registry for accidents? Might be useful when buying a pre-owed car. Sort of like carfax in the states.
to what i am aware, no but don't quote me. yes, it will be good to have this.
might even lower insurance premiums. but we all know who will be the first to resist this.

morally, that's the right thing to do and i do agree. yet how many souls out there will do just that?
why don't they do it? economic reasons perhaps?

kelvinyong;495042 said:
Hi Longhorn,

true, but what is a good condition price? before that, how do you know if it really is safe to drive?

longhorn;494996 said:
If car has been repaired and is roadworthy, I don't see why it should be scrapped. Who are we to judge whether another person should or shouldn't drive a repaired wrecked car?
if a car has been fully repaired and deemed roadworthy then all is fine. i'm just wondering at what cost to do all that. somehow, i'm thinking the point here may be about the buyer knows the car has been in an accident prior to the purchase. if he already knows and so chooses to go ahead hell it's his decision.

Red_Bean_Bun;495120 said:
Would you put your kids in the car ?
good question which i think many of the fellow forumers will probably have a similar answer to.

iScoupe;496043 said:
this thread shld be deleted. Not fair to the buyer who wants to sell it.
5K dep for a wreck car is alot & ahem... the seller never tell u some more.. :errrrrrr: just my opinion.
brudder, i disagree. are we assuming buyer does not intend to tell next buyer about car history? so we go back a full cycle? is it fair to next buyer?

as usual, i'm late to the discussion but my 2cts anyway.
since joining the forum, i have seen 3 E36s.
iScoupe's prolly the best knick of all 3 'cept for maybe his 'mense red' or whatever pple call it.

2nd E36, the minute i got in and closed passenger door, i knew something was up.
asked the owner if the car has been in an accident. all he said was as far as he knows, none.
yet he admitted the passenger door as been transplanted from another car.

like i always said, i'm not all smarts but i'm sure the folks here are sharper... transplant whole door?
owner did say he wants to get a faster car... like turbo-charged or something.
anyways, that 2nd E36 has recently been sold to a new owner.

assuming the car had previously been involved in a side impact accident...
1. as seller, will you disclosed full history of the car?
2. as buyer, how do you know if structural integrity has not been affected?
3. as buyer, would you buy it and for what price?
4. as buyer, would you have someone close and dear to you sit in the passenger seat?

i'm not sure here but if the dealer or seller had deceived the buyer when asked about accident history, is there an avenue of recourse for the buyer? i know if i was the buyer and the seller had lied about the history, i will seek to take legal action.

else, i guess it's always going to be a risk in buying used cars. severe economic restraints some call it...

Sad to say each one has their own personal agenda and moral standard. This applies to any transaction not just this particular case. I have been conned a couple of times but I can only blamed myself for not doing the proper checks.

This is a private transaction and no one will know the truth except for the seller and buyer of the car. Even the law states "Let the buyer beware"

There are avenues for any buyer to check if the vehicle has been involved in any accidents and the seriousness of it. Thereafter, the buyer can either buy it or walk away from the deal. :dramamam:

Buy and Sell where got FAIR .. Someone has to lose....... happy Seller and Happy Buyer. Dont Pitcha ppl lobang lah.

If suay, put kids in any car also will Buang.

Hi all,

I am not a BMW owner but many months ago, I did test drove the car that forumer fultron.sim was selling. I must admit, having stumbled on this thread, I am astonished to know now that the car he was desperately selling then had gone through a major accident.

My side of the story was that he told me he was selling the car as he had enough of wasting money trying to convert it into a track car. No mention was made on previous accidents, perhaps the hidden caveat in buying a used car is to accept that the car has been in at least one given the age... The price was low and I must admit I was almost tempted...

At the same time, I did recall that I ran through a few searches on the forum looking out for a better deal and there appeared to be another user who was selling a similar car. It seemed to me that this was actually the same user. I wasnt able to verify this, but in the end, it was all too dodgy a deal for me....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keonhacainexus
Back