Car jerk when stopping (E90)

wayneerh

Hi everyone,

My E90 will always jerk softly when the car is almost stop or jerk violently if it is an emergency brake. Can any kind bros tell me what is the problem? :whythis:

Can please suggest which workshop to go? :eek:

Thank you very much in advance :)

Wayne

Re: Car jerk when stopping (E90)

I think you should do a search first. Topic has been covered many times and possible solutions have been shared.

Or

http://tinyurl.com/6htbmzd

Last edited by a moderator:

use the search function with keyword gearbox jerk - there are tons of posts that you can chew on :)
happy reading

pengful;620473 said:
I think you should do a search first. Topic has been covered many times and possible solutions have been shared.

Or

Let me google that for you

wt_know;620479 said:
use the search function with keyword gearbox jerk - there are tons of posts that you can chew on :)
happy reading
Both of you copy my "google __________"
End of OT!!

U guys are not helpful at all.....but its good to teach people to fish rather than giving him the fish.

Hi wayneerh, good luck to your search.

davidtch;620498 said:
Both of you copy my "google __________"
End of OT!!
No one dares to copy your response to "why my BMW different from last time my jap car huh?":woottt:

Electronic Gearbox System (EGS) issue... Send it back to PML for reprogramming to keep the lock-up clutch (LUC) in the "opened" position. Don't let PML con you into doing any other things - just go for the reprogramming.

Jus to share my experience with this common jerky problem.

My pre-owned E90 330i has the jerk since day1 I had the car. The jerk didnt really bother me much, but I sent the car to a workshop A for general serive and full check after purchase.

Workshop A told me the rear differential mounting worn out. The car stops but the differential casing mounting being loose get pushed ahead. Seems straight forward, but they told me that BMW sell the whole rear aseembly and dont sell the bushings alone. Inorder to help me save cost, they will hv to customise the bushings for me. The whole rear assembly have to be removed for that job.

Unconvinced, I checked with a BMW parts stockist and they DO sell the mountings alone. I was on the verge of purchasing the mountings when the sales rep told me that the stocks for mountings were moving very slow ie seldom changed.

Sent my car to my regular workshop (not pro-BMW) and asked my trusty mechanic to take a look. He told me its the gearbox problem and nothing to do with the bushings. Decided set it aside1st and later came across the threads in this forum on the jerks.

So, when my car was due for servicing again, Sent my car to a reputable pro-BMW workshop B for general servicing and oil change. Told them about the jerk and they told me they will try re-progamming 1st, and see if it solves the problem. if not, will have to look into the valve thing, worst case, have to change the gearbox. So, I asked them to do the reprogramming. But they were busy at that day and I have to re-schedule for the reprogramming.

A few days of the servicing, ther jerk was miraculously gone w/o the need of reprogramming.

Workshop A KNS !!!
First conclude jerk is due to bushing, Second smoke owner must customise bushing ...
Next, rim wrong offset might cause car cannot start too

Last edited by a moderator:

Yup, agreed. I wonder who is workshop A.
Btw, i can guarantee with my green R8 that if rims offset wrong, car still can move, ke ke.

Wish i have a logical and scientific explanation how the jerk disappear. Can only say the hantu decided to leave my car for now.

wayneerh;620485 said:

Have u found any sensible convincing explanation which comes with a solution. Will be greatful if u can share with me. My experience was similar to yours. The only way to reduce the jerk is to stop no so aggressivlely. One of the WS I visited told me is the wear & tear of the 7 solonoid valves in the gearbox.

Can let me know the pro-BMW workshop B? I tok only PML can do gear reprogramming?

lkm;622934 said:
Electronic Gearbox System (EGS) issue... Send it back to PML for reprogramming to keep the lock-up clutch (LUC) in the "opened" position. Don't let PML con you into doing any other things - just go for the reprogramming.

How much is this cost? Any outside WS can do this?

Hmm. I dunno. The LUC is supposed to lock the clutch (obviously) to minimize torque loss in the transmission above certain speeds. If it is always opened, there will be losses all the time, even at highway speeds. FC will go up.

But I guess if you do a lot of city driving, it is ok because you probably won't reach the speed before it locks up.

lkm;622934 said:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hema
Back