Can this be Possible??

Orh LuLu

Legendary 10 Years
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195020

Was browsing another bimmer forum and found something amazing and unbelievable.. Click on abv link..

Anyone tried before and care to comment..

Anyway going to try tomorrow and feedback. If it works, this sure is a FREE MOD that i m not aware.. haha

Re: Can this be Possible??

Amazing... I will try it tomorrow.... The gear changes are smooth already but I suppose it can always be 'smoother'.....

Wonder whether the Sprint Booster will make it 'less' of a difference.....

Will let you guys know.....

Believe it or not, Believe it!! Tried it on my ride yesterday and was surprise that it actually works! find my ride rather smooth when changing gear from 1 - 2. Especially on the up hill.

Any other tried?

One of the guy in bimmerfest forum quote :

"The car learns to adapt to your driving style after a while of driving. This procedure, clears the adaptive driving maps for your driving style."

true meh????

yup its true... all BMWs have this adaptive programming... so its good to clear them once in a while...

OLL
It's like your mission adaptation one ...if u rush then u will shoot too fast so u take it slow then shoot smoothly.

MRacer77;195965 said:
yup its true... all BMWs have this adaptive programming... so its good to clear them once in a while...

So if all BMWs have adaptive programming, does it mean that all BMWs should be able to clear its memory? Wonder if it can be done the same way with my E46. I am going to try by turning the key to position 1 (turn 1 click) and depress the gas pedal for 25 seconds. Then start the engine to see how ;).

i tried... and my car feels slower...feels like the sprint booster is not working :singsing:

Terry;196019 said:
i tried... and my car feels slower...feels like the sprint booster is not working :singsing:

Maybe should take out the Sprint Booster before you try. Then put it back in again after the reset.

MRacer77;195965 said:

Big guy, since i m on obit2 now, will clearing affect my obit2? sry i veri sotong banana when come to this kinda of things..

hi guys, sorry for asking a silly question. I thought adaptive programs are designed to help adapt to your driving style and perform better over time. If this is the case, why should resetting it yields smoother throttle response?

Did try it, TWICE..... no difference but I don't really push my car very hard hence, the butt feel may not be so significant.

So to me, no difference.....

So for E46, should we do the:

1.According to BMW's documentation, to reset the throttle adaptation you do the following:
With the car off, turn the ignition to the on position for 10 seconds(do not start) then turn the ignition off for 10 seconds. Then start the car. You should notice slightly improved performance if you normally drive miss daisy.

Or

2. by turning the key to position 1 (turn 1 click) and depress the gas pedal for 25 seconds.

??????

ykh1;196145 said:
So for E46, should we do the:

1.According to BMW's documentation, to reset the throttle adaptation you do the following:
With the car off, turn the ignition to the on position for 10 seconds(do not start) then turn the ignition off for 10 seconds. Then start the car. You should notice slightly improved performance if you normally drive miss daisy.

Or

2. by turning the key to position 1 (turn 1 click) and depress the gas pedal for 25 seconds.

??????

Should be 1.

how guys, will the reset clear my Obit2? Anyone? Spidy where?? kumsia in advance.

OLL,

This reset will not clear the settings in the OBIT cos it is a different system. As for adaptive settings in the ECU side of the house, It may clear the settings but after about 100km or so, the long term and short term values will get back to the same settings as it is today.

Cheers

Orh LuLu;196116 said:
Big guy, since i m on obit2 now, will clearing affect my obit2? sry i veri sotong banana when come to this kinda of things..

No. it should not affect your obit 2 at all since they are dealing with 2 very distinctly separate parts of the ECU. Clear away bro!!!

Kum sia rodney n Des.. i can sleep soundly tonite.

I tried this reseting thingy and i dont feel any difference at all...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keonhacainexus
Back