Buying a used BMW - what to check for ?

ozma

Hi guys,

i might getting a used BMW.

Would like to ask which is a good workshop to bring the car to, for a pre-sale inspection?

I believe I would request to scan the OBD codes, and check engine / turbo / HPFP and suspension.

Any other areas I should be looking at?

Can PM me if inconvenient to say which workshop is preferred.

Thank you!

Re: Buying a used BMW - what to check for ?

normally i go to BestMaintainceWorkshop at kaki bukit area.. look for ah hwa . he is good in bmw stuff

ahhuat88;1127278 said:
normally i go to BestMaintainceWorkshop at kaki bukit area.. look for ah hwa . he is good in bmw stuff

Thanks!!
Any others?

you may try any of our site sponsor workshop...

which Series?

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

ac323;1127281 said:
you may try any of our site sponsor workshop...

which Series?

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Thanks for the info. Any of the sponsor workshops? All are OK? :)

Not sure yet, maybe 1 or 3 or 5.

But just getting ready.... :OTpolis:

ozma;1127282 said:
Thanks for the info. Any of the sponsor workshops? All are OK? :)

Not sure yet, maybe 1 or 3 or 5.

But just getting ready.... :OTpolis:

yes all ok ...

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Used DMW for my last service and inspection - very happy, much cleaner than other workshops.

martinsin;1127613 said:
Used DMW for my last service and inspection - very happy, much cleaner than other workshops.

Really?
But price wise???

ozma;1127842 said:
Really?
But price wise???

Not worse than BVO whom I used for the last 2 years. Got ticked off when I had to go back to them 3 times to fix an oil leak. Of course different part needed to be changed each time. Very happy with them initially after years of PML crap service but last visits I felt they had too much work and did a rush job. Maybe just back luck...

martinsin;1127843 said:
Not worse than BVO whom I used for the last 2 years. Got ticked off when I had to go back to them 3 times to fix an oil leak. Of course different part needed to be changed each time. Very happy with them initially after years of PML crap service but last visits I felt they had too much work and did a rush job. Maybe just back luck...

Hit and miss. Thanks for the intro.
Preferably looking for somewhere in the East.

Good to get the workshop to use a BMW Diagnostic computer to check for major fault codes, check under carriage, check for any accident evidence and major oil leaks, minor oil leak such as valve cover gasket is not a issue as repair cost is low.

Reactions: R.S
I agree with V-Tec Asia....

A computer diagnostics is a MUST DO as many errors or faults can't be tested by simple test drive.

Oils leaks sometimes hard to detect cos dealers all very smart... they wash the engine bag clean clean even before the redo the interior upholstery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: R.S
Nowadays, most conti cars we computerised and only ways to access the "inner" is via diagnostic computers specialized for each car brands, now only you can detect inner faults, you can also check if the mileages is being tampered.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8may88vip
Back