Buying a 6 series

Hi all, I am looking at the 6 series , mainly 640i gran coupe, is there anything I should look out for when test driving ?

Also hope 6 series owners can help out by sharing some user experience !

Thank you so much all!

Pre Purchase inspection is a MUST ! Bring to any of our sponsored workshops for an impartial in depth check. If the dealer dont allow then walk away.

Pre Purchase inspection is a MUST ! Bring to any of our sponsored workshops for an impartial in depth check. If the dealer dont allow then walk away.

Tq so much! Will definitely do a full check before purchasing! Just wna ask how is the 6 series generally , just scared got sudden electronic problems

Is definitely worth to get the 6 series, the inline 6s are amazing engines, you probably wont have too many issues with it. Which model u intend to purchase? there are coupe, cabrio and grand coupe (sedans), 640i, 650i & M6.
Is a great looking car, electronic issues are not common too. Yes get it inspected before purchase.
We do have a whatsapp group, do join us after your purchase. If you need more information do PM me.

Is definitely worth to get the 6 series, the inline 6s are amazing engines, you probably wont have too many issues with it. Which model u intend to purchase? there are coupe, cabrio and grand coupe (sedans), 640i, 650i & M6.
Is a great looking car, electronic issues are not common too. Yes get it inspected before purchase.
We do have a whatsapp group, do join us after your purchase. If you need more information do PM me.

Thanks for being so welcoming and helpful! Your reply definitely got me peace of mind to go ahead! I'm actly looking at the sedan (640i) as i overall still like a 4 door. Initially was contemplating on the m6 but i dont think I would need such great power as i prefer a cruiser, am driving the maserati granturismo for 3 years now and i must say i still prefer a quieter cabin!

Always wanted to try BMWs but shy away due to many horror stories!

The hearsay horror stories is true depending on the models. The 6 is one of the lesser problems model from bmw. In fact the 6 is so good, one of the bro in our group brought 2!! :)

Thanks for your valuable reply! I truly agree! 6 series is such a handsome car for the gentlemen! If i may ask, is there any workshop that 6 series owners usually go to ? As i would like to get it checked there ! Thanks so much!

Thanks for your valuable reply! I truly agree! 6 series is such a handsome car for the gentlemen! If i may ask, is there any workshop that 6 series owners usually go to ? As i would like to get it checked there ! Thanks so much!

Hi Pro,

you may click onto any of our site sponsor workshop....

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

I bought a used 640i gc.
Good looking car but options and certain quality does not match the high OMV.
1. Suspension in comfort mode crashy
2. Steering wheel off centre to right side 10mm
3. No auto boot lifter
4. Basic multi-way front seats
Just to name a few.

Sold it after 3 months.

But go ahead if you like it and ignore my grump :Rolleyes:

I bought a used 640i gc.
3. No auto boot lifter
Just to name a few.

Sold it after 3 months.

How much did you lose as a result?

I bought a used 640i gc.
3. No auto boot lifter
Just to name a few.

Sold it after 3 months.

Grateful for all opinions! Thanks for alerting me !

Had the 640 GC from 2014 - 2017 and whilst the tech of the car back then is basic compared to other lower end models with BMW range, I thoroughly enjoyed the IL6 drive and the looks for the F06 GC was and still is quite a head-turner. Another downer will be the 2+1 rear seating if you need to sit 3 passengers behind.

Hi I just got a 640i cabriolet about a month ago. Am interested to join your Whatsapp group to learn more on the car. Am intending to keep this for awhile. It's a really nice ride.

Thanks for being so welcoming and helpful! Your reply definitely got me peace of mind to go ahead! I'm actly looking at the sedan (640i) as i overall still like a 4 door. Initially was contemplating on the m6 but i dont think I would need such great power as i prefer a cruiser, am driving the maserati granturismo for 3 years now and i must say i still prefer a quieter cabin!

Always wanted to try BMWs but shy away due to many horror stories!

Went for a pre inspection and mine had pages after pages of fault codes. Overall condition was still ok. But importantly was when I sent the car for a full service that we found all the other issues. Given it's an almost 10 year old car, I had all the hoses, radiator, air con, VANOS solenoid, mountings etc all changed, cleared all the check codes and the car is running beautifully now.

Hi I just got a 640i cabriolet about a month ago. Am interested to join your Whatsapp group to learn more on the car. Am intending to keep this for awhile. It's a really nice ride.

Hi brien,

Congras on your new. PM your hp contact nos will add u to the group. Glad that you u manage to get all your issues resolved. You will definitely enjoy the drive and handling. Someone brought the M6 GC yesterday too, thought it was you :) Hopefully the new owner reading this can join us too, we have 2 M6 owner in our group and a bunch of coupe and cabrio!! In total we had 30 pax and still counting:)

Back