Brake Fluid and Brake Pads and servicing

Hi Guys , ( my first posting )

Wanna ask you guys ... where do you change the following and how much does it cost
( my ride just finish warranty ... BMW 3 series 3.18 2010 )

I called one workshop near my place and they quote me

Brake fluid -> $80
Front and back brake Pads -> $$400 plus (OEM)
Servicing -> $200 plus ( which i tot it cost the same as PML )

any comments and help welcome ... thanks you in advance

( Also my "servicing " symbol ( car on hoist ) appeared yesterday i wonder is it becoz of my brake fluid it states -50
is it dangerous ... My front and back brake pads i think can change too .... but with dont seem to be able to do a check now it just appears the " servicing" symbol

cheers

Re: Brake Fluid and Brake Pads and servicing

the symbol means brakes are almost depleted, time to change, u can check the cc-id code via the control stalk..

iirc, brake fluid should cost like $20 if you buy yourself, and brake pads direct from eng soon is 200+ for OEM (might as well go for EBC or other aftermarket pads with less dust)
servicing was 200$ at most branded workshops.

hope this helps.

thanks for your reply ... Sanerling

1) Brake fluid is $20 without "installation" ?
2) $200+ is for both front and back .... the guy told me it include the sensor also or something like that
3) ok so servicing is same throughout

thanks for the info

just called eng soon

1) brake fluid $20
2) brake pad
front $70 + $15 ( dont know what is the $15 for .. hahah .. cant understand what he was telling me )
back $55 +$15

bro 15$ is the sensor.... so that ur car knows when to display the "car on hoist" symbol

mattomatic77;1109739 said:
just called eng soon

1) brake fluid $20
2) brake pad
front $70 + $15 ( dont know what is the $15 for .. hahah .. cant understand what he was telling me )
back $55 +$15

Dear mattomatic77,

Sorry for the poor communication, $15 would be for the wear sensor. The pads that we carry are of OEM quality, purchased in bulk to ensure best prices for consumers like you and I. Thanks for the support !

I bought the pads from Eng Soon and went outside ws to change the pads.
They charge me $50 labour.

Go get the parts from Eng Soon (Kaki Bukit) then go the ws beside to change, the name like ..... codewerx or something like that.

Drive without brakes ... free ...

How much brake fluid is required when you flush and replace 100% of the brake fluid in our BMW, does it vary from model to model?

Some say just use Dot4 but some prefer Dot 5.1. See pay luan, just like the GRC.

Almost 3 bottles of fluid for F20 when I change all four calipers plus flush and bleed.

is it recommended to just flush replace fluid in the reserviour, like every 6 months? without bleeding.

Also, which is a good brand, ATE?

Ahbengdriver;1110390 said:
is it recommended to just flush replace fluid in the reserviour, like every 6 months? without bleeding.

Also, which is a good brand, ATE?

Original BMW fluid is about the same price as ATE and is proven to be a good brake fluid. Flushing is good to remove any moisture that has been absorbed into the brake fluid and remove any air that may be in the brake lines.

Cheers !

Hi, I'm driving a F10 535i.

My front brake pads are due to be replaced in another 2900km as shown on my iDrive.

May I know which workshop is able to change the brake pads and reset the service reminder on my iDrive?

Thanks.

Hi can quote pads and rotor for both front and back for my e60? Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i9bet9club
Back