Brake disc/rotor

crombie_sg

Hi all shifus, my e60 523 lci brake disc going up lorry. I'm looking to replace it, both front and back. Would love bbk if I have budget, but then it's unlikely so. Should I stick with stock replacement or go with some OEM equipment? I'm looking at disc replacement only. Appreciate any inputs from shifus on this. Thank you.

Re: Brake disc/rotor

You may want to check out oem replacement cross drilled rotors from Eng Soon.
I suppose you will replace disc with pad.

if your primary objective for BBK is for cosmetic look.... can't help u there... but if your objective is for better braking... I suggest replace with stock disc and at same time ....change your pads to EBC Green-stuff.

It was suggested by my ws when I was looking for cheap alternative for more effective braking with better bite. I have been on this setup for about 4 months now.... satisfied with the result consider the low investment.

The noticeable results are much better bite compared to stock pads when braking.... most obvious when you try e-braking at redlight ; shorter braking distance... and less brake-dust. Apparently, these green stuff pads also cause less wear on your rotors/discs.

The trade-off is some light screeching from time to time especially at low speed. In my case, the screeching has totally disappeared now.... but i suspect this may difffer from car to car.

Rather than changing brake pad, i would suggest change to Brembo rotor. On high speed braking, it is very effective.

Hi Crombie,

I replaced my stock rotors with brembo, bou from ES. If u just wan to replace stock pads, I got a set (4) Hella-Pagid, also bou from ES with receipt. Let me if u keen, I let go to u with delivery ;)

Cross Drilled - Look nice and expensive
Slotted - Better heat dissipation but doesnt look so nice
Stock - Cheapest of 3

crombie_sg;1097742 said:
.... I'm looking at disc replacement only. Appreciate any inputs from shifus on this. Thank you.
I changed the stock disc to the BMW Performance Rotor 2 years ago at MA, it comes together with the new brake pads... of course the price is already inclusive.

View attachment 64067

PM me for rear pads and brembo rotor for F10.@ ENG SOON.

I upgraded my F10 520i to the 650i brakes with 378mm rotor. Can pm price for brembo rotors and pads?

Brake disc/rotor

Cars4fun;1103565 said:
I upgraded my F10 520i to the 650i brakes with 378mm rotor. Can pm price for brembo rotors and pads?

520i with 650i brakes .... braking awesome

650 is a 2 ton GT with 400+ hp.

520 is a 1.5 ton saloon with 180+hp.

Wouldn't it be a overkill?

Not sure it can be considered to be overkill, other aftermarket BBK am sure have even better braking power. These aftermarket ones too ex, that's why I went for the 650i upgrade bought from another forummer.

Front brake rotor and pads wearing off soon. Any recommendations on what to change? Oem or aftermarket? Driving 525i

rxsgp;1105381 said:
Front brake rotor and pads wearing off soon. Any recommendations on what to change? Oem or aftermarket? Driving 525i
Original is the best.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawnloh1221
Back