BMW voice commands

Anyone here using BMW's voice control? I can't seem to get it to recognise any command except cancel.

Re: BMW voice commands

davidcheok;511130 said:
Anyone here using BMW's voice control? I can't seem to get it to recognise any command except cancel.

I am, but mine is in german. You have to make sure that its not too noisy when you give the command.

vegadonovan;511207 said:
I am, but mine is in german. You have to make sure that its not too noisy when you give the command.

Have tried all quiet at night. Keeps saying,'Sorry! Please repeat'. Gets irritating after trying awhile with no avail. Does this work for the entire idrive option or maybe just phone book?

It is available for all options. If you look into the service manual, there is a command list available.

Try speaking closer to the overhead mic if that helps.

vegadonovan;511223 said:
It is available for all options. If you look into the service manual, there is a command list available.

Try speaking closer to the overhead mic if that helps.

Kinda defeats the convenience of voice control if I have to speak right into the mic way up there. Dangerous too. BMW should take up voice recogn lessons from google or apple.

You have to speak in amgmoh accent! ;)

Works fine on mine. love to make the phone calls with it by saying the numbers. Always impresses clients. Just talk normally but speak each number clearly and separately.

Mine works but only when there's no background chatter. No need to speak near mic and it performs much better than the mobile phone. You may want to try stretching the syllables, for example, instead of saying map, say maaap.

davidcheok;511224 said:
Kinda defeats the convenience of voice control if I have to speak right into the mic way up there. Dangerous too. BMW should take up voice recogn lessons from google or apple.

I understand, however this is to isolate if it's the mic that is not sensitive enough or such.. if speaking close to the mic has 100% success recognition rate, then we have a bad mic or something =)

GL

pai seh, hijack the thread a little. my ride is '06 323i, no idrive option. so that means no voice command options as well?

Most probably not. do you see a button on the steering wheel with a person speaking icon?

vegadonovan;520304 said:
Most probably not. do you see a button on the steering wheel with a person speaking icon?

there is such an icon on the steering wheel but nothing happens when I pressed it. :thinking:

bryan_t;520323 said:
there is such an icon on the steering wheel but nothing happens when I pressed it. :thinking:

You can try giving some simple commands like "Radio" or "CD" to see whether it activates the sound system.

vegadonovan;520304 said:

I have the icon too, but nothing happens when i press it and speak. Is there meant to be another button near the idrive console? I got my ride 2nd hand, so not sure if the car was equipped with voice command.

When you pressed it, It will comes with a Beep through the car's speakers and ready for your command.

If not you don't. You can check with PML on how much to retrofit....

Back