BMW Teleservice actually works.....

flyboy

Work up this morning by a phone call from PML customer service centre to inform me that my car is due for service in another 1600 km. This is the distance shown on my display when I start my engine.

I was really puzzled and ask how n earth do you know abt my car status? I was told that the car actually sent a GPRS msg to BMW Germany and in turn relayed to PML Singapore for action.

I was briefed on the BMW teleservice by the SE during delivery but never expect it to really work....

BTW, mine is a F10...

Cheers!

Re: BMW Teleservice actually works.....

Wow! No privacy like our Big Brother always watching! :)

Don't think it's teleservice. It's the computer inside that monitor your mileage and shown the interval servicing mileage on tachometer display.

I would believe it works as long as the subscription has not expired.

Actually... it wud work if you connect your car to the internet (through your phone)

Just confirmed with my SE....the servicing is approaching as such the car sent a GPRS msg to Germany when the car was paired with my phone via Bluetooth. And this connection is done automatically.

Previously I sent in my car for servicing pretty early as such I didn't let the car have a chance to send the msg.

Back