BMW stuff : - cheaper in Germany ?

SL2

Legendary 10 Years
Don't think so..but just to be sure, you can always check the price here and then compare it when you're in Germany. :thumbsup:

Not at all, the price is more or less same in Singapore. Frankfurt or even Munich, home of BMW, the price is the same in Euro which is a disadvantage to Sin$

regards,

elliot

hey guys

i was just wondering, is it cheaper to buy some of the stuff from Germany ?
At the moment EUR is forecasted to get stronger. i'm not sure if there's so much benefit buying from germany than here.

does anyone know ?

thanks

Mich, don't know if there's any price difference, but if you bring me along I can be there to advise... swee boh?

Winston,
Mich, don't know if there's any price difference, but if you bring me along I can be there to advise... swee boh?

Si bei cheapskate leh.. :shoot: :shoot: :shoot:

thanks guys that was also my guess lah. with EURO being so strong it's really tough that it will be cheaper.

well, winston, sorry, no free ride for u.

:shoot:

The euro has been gradually slippin since Nov. Now I think 2.13

Is there any reason for the euro getting stronger? The falling US $?

Nuke said:
The euro has been gradually slippin since Nov. Now I think 2.13

Is there any reason for the euro getting stronger? The falling US $?

i need to plead igorant with regards to the reason why euro is going to get stronger. i can check with my gals back in the office and pm u (but we also rely on the financial advisers from the bank and of course my co. central financial team in HQ). it's forecasted to go up again over the next few months to as high as 2.2 and i was asked to hedge if we're expected to pay in Euro (that's from my conversation with my central team).

;)

disclaimer : please read this and rely on your own judgement.

Well, they must be pretty confident if they're askin u to hedge now.

Do u guys buy anything from oz? hahaha...did they tip the aussie $ to go up?

Nuke said:
Well, they must be pretty confident if they're askin u to hedge now.

Do u guys buy anything from oz? hahaha...did they tip the aussie $ to go up?

well, we don't buy in Aussie, but rather we sell in aussie. no unfortunately, it's not my jurisdiction, my equivalent in australia will take care of hedging there. ;)

have a good weekend. ciao

comprende. mucho gracias.

have a good weekend too..wat's left.

SL2 said:
......you can always check the price here and then compare it when you're in Germany.

Speaking the obvious...... wow, bro, for once you've tickled me......

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

fabsmiche said:
i need to plead igorant with regards to the reason why euro is going to get stronger. i can check with my gals back in the office and pm u (but we also rely on the financial advisers from the bank and of course my co. central financial team in HQ). it's forecasted to go up again over the next few months to as high as 2.2 and i was asked to hedge if we're expected to pay in Euro (that's from my conversation with my central team).

Yield differential between the currency pair is often cited as one reason. But I'd presumed there will be a lot of reversals and unwinding of option-related positions from the long USD short EUR / long USD short Asian currencies this year, especially when many technical (chart) points were triggered. Perhaps TripleM might not agree with me.

fabsmiche,
While yield differential is one factor that 'naturally' seems to coz the high yielding currency to appreciate more...
Other factors played significant part too. The all time high in euro was last seen in late December vs USD....1.3666

Factors that hv contributed to the Eur Usd bull runs included ( not necessarily in order of significance):

1.Weak sentiment towards Bush's renewed administration, and exacerbated by Winston's avatar and signature ( irrelevant... :laughlik: )
We had seen pretty decent economic data releases outta US but that still didnt stop the USD from falling.

2.Increased foreign reserves in favour of Euro as opposed to the traditionally USD reserves. Many Asian central banks were sitting on the bids for Euro...
Also we saw change of currency payment in favour of Eur vs USD...notably seen Oil transaction.

3.Strong speculation that many central banks were unwinding their long holding of US treasuries

4.Play in FX market, bullish on euro....and alot of Exotic Options were put on with trigger barriers from 1.3 all the way up to 1.37 or even higher vs USD

5. The traditional US administration on Strong Dollar Policy didnt work and no concerns were shown on the weakening dollars. Why? Help their global exports.

Having said that...
Retracement in the Eur vs US took place in the beginning of 2005. It has depreciated by as much as 5 pct from the high seen in December 04.
Seems to me that we are not goin to see that high level again anytime soon, at least for the first quarter. Strong factor cited was the unwinding (or Stop Loss it's commonly called) of long positions in Eur Usd and Eur Jpy ( the latter reached 140ish against JPY and now only 133.80 levels)

So in summary, the weakening USD was the real scenario. The greenback has weakened not only against Euro but JPY, GBP , Aud, Nzd everything u name it...
And to relate that with our SGD, it's not necessarily 100 pct of the time that strong euro will make our SGD weak...
Basically look at how SGD performs as far as the basket Asean currencies and JPY for that matter. When JPY appreciates, SGD tends to follow...
So if u think bout it, the percentage moves in the Eur vs Sgd compared to Eur vs Usd ain't that much in real terms coz Sgd also appreciates vs the USD as a result of JPY appreciation too.

Now...Kopi on you
Cheers

But I'd presumed there will be a lot of reversals and unwinding of option-related positions from the long USD short EUR / long USD short Asian currencies this year, especially when many technical (chart) points were triggered.

Yo kenn, what does this statement mean? How does a reversal occur?

Thanks man TripleM!

Factors that hv contributed to the Eur Usd bull runs included ( not necessarily in order of significance):

No need so many factors, you need only one: bush!

kenntona said:
SL2 said:
......you can always check the price here and then compare it when you're in Germany.

Speaking the obvious...... wow, bro, for once you've tickled me......

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Sorry bro, I don't do gay stuff.. :shoot: :shoot: :shoot:

I'd know. But the header was asking if stuff are cheaper in Germany, and you'd suggested comparing the prices after checking. Are you insulting her?

Yah I know. I replied I didn't think so but isn't it always better to confirm?

It's like answering the question "Where's A?" with "Besides B" and answering "And where's B?" with "Besides A". LPPL.

Value add, please......

Kekeke......

kenntona said:
It's like answering the question "Where's A?" with "Besides B" and answering "And where's B?" with "Besides A". LPPL.

Value add, please......

Kekeke......

:nutkick: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back