BMW recalls 1.3 mil 5&6 series due faulty battery connector cover

Decaf

BMW Recalls 1.3 Million 5 and 6 Series Models Worldwide
27 mar 2012
Filed under: BMW 5 Series, BMW 6 Series, BMW General, BMW Models

BMW announced the recall of 1.3 million vehicles worldwide today. The cars effected by the recall are 5 and 6 series models built between 2003 and 2010. The recall does not apply to any current production model BMWs. The problem is that the battery cable cover inside the boot of these vehicles may be incorrectly mounted. This is quite easy to fix and BMW will be doing that without the owners spending a dollar. Here is the official press release about the recall:

In order to carry out a quality measure, the BMW AG is re-calling all BMW 5 and 6 Series models of the previous generation, built between 2003 and 2010 and still on the market for repair at authorised dealers.

In some remote cases, the battery cable cover inside the boot of these vehicles may be incorrectly mounted. :whatthe:

This can result in the electrical system malfunctioning, the vehicle failing to start and, in some cases, to charring or fire.

We are not aware of any accidents or injury to persons resulting from this fault.

Vehicle owners will be notified in writing. Affected vehicles will remain at the respective BMW Partner repair workshop for approximately 30 minutes, the service, of course, being free of charge to the customer.

Approximately 1.3 million vehicles worldwide are affected.

Source: BMW Group

Anyone got any notification from pml?

Re: BMW recalls 1.3 mil 5&6 series due faulty battery connector cover

Oops, sorry double post. Please see initial threat by Relaxed.

Mods kindly remove this thread to save space.

Thanks!

Decaf;782638 said:
Oops, sorry double post. Please see initial threat by Relaxed.

Mods kindly remove this thread to save space.

Thanks!

si bei garang, not in sg also so concern. haha but most cars would have changed battery by now, is it still necessary ? please advice bro.:juggle:

Haha!! must give back the lurve that many bros here have shown me mah!!

I believe mine is still the original battery... better call PML and check it out ;)

Decaf;782669 said:
Haha!! must give back the lurve that many bros here have shown me mah!!

I believe mine is still the original battery... better call PML and check it out ;)

Stock is best.. MW say one.

MW is a very smart man with very good taste in cars, mods & women.... but sometimes also has a tendency to do like my signature :lol:

Hitmee say one

I hope all ur E60 explodes

I gonna claim damage to all electrical & electronic components.

MW;782709 said:
I hope all ur E60 explodes

You dumped your Yam5... now change taste hor....

Ya lor, now MW sing a diff tune Liao...:dramamam:

Lucky mine still warranty cos can claim if explode, only thing is I hope I'm not inside when that happens!

MapleLeaf;782842 said:
You dumped your Yam5... now change taste hor....

Learnt all there is to learn about E60, now must learn new things about F10. Tough life

let's hope my e60 explodes then can claim f10.....

Called PML yesterday regarding battery, they say no isuue for SG cars. if there is any thing, they will notified, this is answer

i think it's quite contradicting, if one changed battery= not affected? n today's papers stated 10k singapore registered cars affected..... n pml says no issue? i think best is my e60 be the first to explode, then claim one brand new f10, n if i happen to be in the car, hope the bros here do me the justice n fight for my claim, then burn it for me.... LOL..... anyway, best is wait for letter, if affected, they'll trace the chasis number n inform the owner.....

relaxed;782999 said:
let's hope my e60 explodes then can claim f10.....

bro.. car explodes u only ask for new car??!!!!

knn if my car explodes.. irregardless with warranty or not.. sure sue BMW...

As of today's Strait Times Home Section, It is part of a global recall of 1.3miliion cars. Singapore has approximately 10000 vehicles but of which at least 40% is said to have been scrapped. That leaves 6000 vehicles. A lot of vehicles to do service recalls on.

Maybe it is a strategy..... make customers go into workshop, walk walk to showroom and see new 3 and 5 series model. Hands itch itch, scratch scratch and trapped.... sign and get new car.

:dance:

:errrrrrr: wah do the maths. say 50 cars per day (assuming they use 3 bays at workshop non stop for 8 hours per day), 6,000 cars will take 22 weeks. recall means something is serious enough, so how if you are last or ending part of q? hope PML puts more bays on this.

hehe for now, removing all valuables from car just in case. since got no more E60, got chance to get F10 :)

pasir;783269 said:
:errrrrrr: wah do the maths. say 50 cars per day (assuming they use 3 bays at workshop non stop for 8 hours per day), 6,000 cars will take 22 weeks. recall means something is serious enough, so how if you are last or ending part of q? hope PML puts more bays on this.

hehe for now, removing all valuables from car just in case. since got no more E60, got chance to get F10 :)

Well, if cannot go PML can come to Munich Automobiles. We can effect the service recall for all BMWs in SIngapore as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keonhacainexus
Back