Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups

BMW Advanced Car Eye

Hi everyone,

One question to those that had installed BMW ACE:

• During driving mode, it is normal to have no blue LED light at the front unit during recording?
* I had already set the security LED to be on.
* Rear camera no issue always light up in parking or driving mode.

Thanks you if any bros can help me clarify the above.
You've managed to fix this? I have the same issue. Updated to latest software still didn't help

hi guys , any of you have issues like static sound coming from the BMW Advanced eye when going through rough patch on the road? It comes and go but very irritating sound like a broken speaker. I tried restart /unplug/re-plug but doesn't go away.

Recently, my advance car eye cannot format the card. All the touch buttons works except when it comes to format car screen, the yes and no button would not react to my touch. Anyone face this issue and any solution?

Recently, my advance car eye cannot format the card. All the touch buttons works except when it comes to format car screen, the yes and no button would not react to my touch. Anyone face this issue and any solution?

Can ask pml to update software

Hello guys,
Can any kind souls lent or scan me a copy of the operating manual? I do not have it as the previous owner misplace it.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, I have exact same problem like your. When formatting, try pressing the yes or no button directly below at the edge of the screen near the frame using your fingernail. This problem is due to the touch screen function has already offset and it cannot function at the exact location when you press the touch screen. If this fix still cannot work, you may need to locate where is the offset point now by randomly pressing all over the screen area. I am waiting for the new replacement unit.

Yes, I have exact same problem like your. When formatting, try pressing the yes or no button directly below at the edge of the screen near the frame using your fingernail. This problem is due to the touch screen function has already offset and it cannot function at the exact location when you press the touch screen. If this fix still cannot work, you may need to locate where is the offset point now by randomly pressing all over the screen area. I am waiting for the new replacement unit.

PML got 1 to 1 exchange during warranty period

Yes, I have already reported this issue to PML and I will get the replacement unit when I send my car for service. It is a temporary fix for me.

They will plug in the new one for you

I believe wiring stays
ACE 2.0 is better...can view via Mobilephone :goodup:

Remember to ask for software update

Can’t believe that I found one of my own post from almost 3 years ago while googling for BMW Advanced Eye 2.0.

Just to give everyone a short status update, my BMW Advanced Eye stopped working about a month ago. It was the holiday season and my family and I took a 3 weeks’ vacation. Upon returning, the front camera kept on rebooting while the car was in motion, meaning, I will be driving withou any recordings while it reboots.

Then, I started to notice that every morning, when I start the car, the car complains about battery drain. If I left the power cable detached from the camera, i.e. no power = no protection whatsoever, the battery warning signs do not come on.

Finally, after a few weeks of spluttering nonsense from the camera, it doesn’t boot up properly, hangs at the BMW logo screen and did not record a out-of-sight incident to my car. It is now a dummy camera.

Anyway, I’m at PML this morning for my servicing and will be enquiring about it.

My guess is that PML is going to shove the Advanced Eye 2.0 down my throat and make me pay for it.

More updates to follow.

Can’t believe that I found one of my own post from almost 3 years ago while googling for BMW Advanced Eye 2.0.

Just to give everyone a short status update, my BMW Advanced Eye stopped working about a month ago. It was the holiday season and my family and I took a 3 weeks’ vacation. Upon returning, the front camera kept on rebooting while the car was in motion, meaning, I will be driving withou any recordings while it reboots.

Then, I started to notice that every morning, when I start the car, the car complains about battery drain. If I left the power cable detached from the camera, i.e. no power = no protection whatsoever, the battery warning signs do not come on.

Finally, after a few weeks of spluttering nonsense from the camera, it doesn’t boot up properly, hangs at the BMW logo screen and did not record a out-of-sight incident to my car. It is now a dummy camera.

Anyway, I’m at PML this morning for my servicing and will be enquiring about it.

My guess is that PML is going to shove the Advanced Eye 2.0 down my throat and make me pay for it.

More updates to follow.
After 3 years of recording, the equipment probably has reached the end of its lifespan.

Wow, after 3 years you are still going to PML for servicing? Amazing!

What can I say?... as I collected my car from PML, I looked around and find than 9 out of 10 cars parked in PML are using BMW Advanced Eye. 1 out of 9 is using the newer V2.0

Anyways to summarize, PML offerred the same introductory price of $999 to replace the camera from 1.0 to 2.0.

All they told me was that my V1.0 is beyond repair.

After 3 years of recording, the equipment probably has reached the end of its lifespan.

Wow, after 3 years you are still going to PML for servicing? Amazing!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TechNinja24
Back