• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

BMW 6 or Porche or ??

anson7835

Hello all,

I am currently driving a E39 and wife want to get a 1.6 for her daily use. However, managed to convinced her to get a MPV so that I have opportunity to "downgrade" from 4 doors to 2 doors.

Before rushing out the get any other 2 doors, would appreciate some feedback on which 2 doors to get.

Budget is around SGD250,000 and below.

Thanks in advance...

Re: BMW 6 or Porche or ??

For Porsche brand new, your only option is Boxter or base model Cayman (without much options )

If u have kids, 6er will be a better choice coz u can seat them quite comfortably and you can for sure acquire a relatively new 630 for such budget

A 6-ser or a PI-ed e92 335 coupe or a used maser 4200 coupe??

1.) PI Brand New E46 M3 Coupe - apprx $250k
2.) PI Brand New E92 335i Coupe - apprx $215k
3.) PML Brand New 630i Coupe - apprx $250k
4.) Pre-Owned 645Ci - apprx $250k ( about 2.5 years)
5.) Pre-Owned SL350 - apprx $250k (about 2 years)
6.) Pre-Owned Porsche Boxster - apprx $200k (about 2 years)
7.) Pre-Owned SLK200 or SLK350 - apprx $180k - $210k (about 1.5 - 2 years)

Blackcat,

Gotto ask yourself what kind of driver u are. If u are not a cheongster, then TripleM advice is good coz with a 630, u do not breach the 3.0L bracket and the car is a 2+2 and a nice cruiser. Sometimes u might still need the rear bench. Wadda heck, go get a 630 cabrio lagi better.

ya.. i agreed with Triple M bro's suggestion... I think the 630i is quite an ideal car for you. The rear seats are not something to shout about, but for your kiddos.. they're more than sufficient..
Road tax also cheaper, and fuel consumption not that high (own opinion)...
Do it up properly, and you might get a 6er Speedy Gonzales.... :D

pre-owned Porsche 993

well.... thats a very good dilemma ur in... hopefully i will have the same 'headache' as u next year ah.... haha

there's a 2005 630 cabrio at PML sime... think they looking at 245k

the 645 is a bit overkill (in terms of cc) n the SMG is not the best of choices... but i think its (630) the best choice among the lot discussed so far.... comfort/a bit of performance/proper seat seats
mind u... there's nothing u can do to the R6 engine atm... just kit it up to look fierce... swee swee

so far nobody selling off their M3 cabrios thou... (charles... r u selling? :) )

the Porsches are good alternatives.... in the performance's dept... no contest... but in terms of comfort n practicality is definitely the SIX...
the Boxster is very noisy... but damn fun to drive... no rear seats

a 5 yrO 996 turbo will set u back slightly more than 300k... so a C2 or a C4s cabrios r most ideal in that price range... but the rear seats are a joke (small n very up right)

the SL350 no rear seats... but very nice... smooth... AMG Kit it up to look like a SL55... lagi nice n fierce

used maser 4200GT coupes are at ur price range... very good performance/comfy w proper rears... but u must like the badge/appeal n the road tax... hahaha

good luck on ur choice

do let us know ur final decision k

:)

Well, there's one M3 Cab just got transacted recently :)
I dont know the seller but I knw the new owner

tough choice huh...

for me, i wont chose the 6 series... its a beauty but its really getting a tad too common.. :>

porsche - damn good to drive, but a bit cramp in the rear... and you got to like the "hmmm how come all of them look similar kind of look"

merc - not a driver's car... AMG? wheel spin more than anything... good for cruising and of course very good badge appeal... but thing is, you can kit a non-AMG to look like an AMG.. but if you dont mind thats ok..

jag - i think the new XK is quite a looker... but not sure if they are many for sale in your price range

maserati 4200GT - its italian loh... you know Italy can win the world cup one day and lose a friendly the next day... haha... looks, performance, badge, rarity, exotic but flawed... windscreen creaking... funny error codes. etc.. You can get a decent used 4200GT for that price... if you keen, i guess i can hook you up to some contacts... yeah, I am biased.. cos I drive one. haha.

gd luck!

slurp... lucky man.... I was only stuck in a situation to choose between a brand new Hyundai Getz 1.6M, COE 200sx, COE Bimmer 318is, COE civic EK4, COE mx5, 2nd hand Mazda 3, etc.. sigh... gotta work harder on my biz then...

gtr_Gtti;143929 said:
slurp... lucky man.... I was only stuck in a situation to choose between a brand new Hyundai Getz 1.6M, COE 200sx, COE Bimmer 318is, COE civic EK4, COE mx5, 2nd hand Mazda 3, etc.. sigh... gotta work harder on my biz then...

OT: I must said u made e right choice :nehnehhh:

F355 - Wise choice. Timeless beauty + Performance

hackzi;143965 said:
My personal choice if i had 250k to blow...either a 993tt or a F355. :)

Whats the current price of a COEed F355?? Also a lot of them have been thrashed(read :accident), know any good ones ard? Last transaction i heard was ??240k?

pg7170;143880 said:
well.... thats a very good dilemma ur in... hopefully i will have the same 'headache' as u next year ah.... haha

there's a 2005 630 cabrio at PML sime... think they looking at 245k

the 645 is a bit overkill (in terms of cc) n the SMG is not the best of choices... but i think its (630) the best choice among the lot discussed so far.... comfort/a bit of performance/proper seat seats
mind u... there's nothing u can do to the R6 engine atm... just kit it up to look fierce... swee swee

so far nobody selling off their M3 cabrios thou... (charles... r u selling? :) )

the Porsches are good alternatives.... in the performance's dept... no contest... but in terms of comfort n practicality is definitely the SIX...
the Boxster is very noisy... but damn fun to drive... no rear seats

a 5 yrO 996 turbo will set u back slightly more than 300k... so a C2 or a C4s cabrios r most ideal in that price range... but the rear seats are a joke (small n very up right)

the SL350 no rear seats... but very nice... smooth... AMG Kit it up to look like a SL55... lagi nice n fierce

used maser 4200GT coupes are at ur price range... very good performance/comfy w proper rears... but u must like the badge/appeal n the road tax... hahaha

good luck on ur choice

do let us know ur final decision k

:)

Porsche supposed to be noisy la. No body wud buy if its quiet as a sedan

SMYUEN;143908 said:
tough choice huh...

for me, i wont chose the 6 series... its a beauty but its really getting a tad too common.. :>

porsche - damn good to drive, but a bit cramp in the rear... and you got to like the "hmmm how come all of them look similar kind of look"

merc - not a driver's car... AMG? wheel spin more than anything... good for cruising and of course very good badge appeal... but thing is, you can kit a non-AMG to look like an AMG.. but if you dont mind thats ok..

jag - i think the new XK is quite a looker... but not sure if they are many for sale in your price range

maserati 4200GT - its italian loh... you know Italy can win the world cup one day and lose a friendly the next day... haha... looks, performance, badge, rarity, exotic but flawed... windscreen creaking... funny error codes. etc.. You can get a decent used 4200GT for that price... if you keen, i guess i can hook you up to some contacts... yeah, I am biased.. cos I drive one. haha.

gd luck!

and heard the Masers are more reliable than ferraris ? Plse confirm

beemaro;143995 said:
and timeless $$$ to maintain it also
Yes, but that look on your face when behind the wheel of one of these classics ... ... priceless.

fastcar: sorry, don't know of any (coz I don't have 250k) although I heard there was a recent yellow one transacted.

Back