bmw 320i stalled in flood

Re: bmw 320i stalled in flood

Thanks everyone...., a little update from my insurance company AXA, the market price they are going to offer me will probably be much much lower than the sale price we see at sgcarmart. Not sure if i have enough $$ to replace my bmw...may have to top up cash...

According to AXA, i am supposed to get quotation from other second car dealer a higher market price....to negotiate for a higher claim? I thought that is very strange? what u think? :(

s7923332;498225 said:
Thanks everyone...., a little update from my insurance company AXA, the market price they are going to offer me will probably be much much lower than the sale price we see at sgcarmart. Not sure if i have enough $$ to replace my bmw...may have to top up cash...

According to AXA, i am supposed to get quotation from other second car dealer a higher market price....to negotiate for a higher claim? I thought that is very strange? what u think? :(
whats the price they r offering? u have to consider the price u can fetch after repairs and if u r able to fetch that kinda price given the rebuild condition of ur car. those prices in SG car mart r probably untainted.

s7923332;498225 said:

as i mentioned, go cut newspaper & use average of sgcarmart to proof average or bang table ask them re-built the ride. at least u can sell then take their super low market values. but if u have cash then pay up the loan lor LL better than in future more proble - toto say one.

a few things you will need to negotiate with insurance.

1) all the receipt when you purchase the car

2) provide you own quotes from secondhand car dealership, preferably those that are larger and more reputable

3) pray for patience.

4) talk to them face to face, rather than over the phone.

I worked in insurance company before, and i also have experience with helping some one to claim total damage from AXA.

In all honesty, once a claim is filed, it is way easier for the officer to pay out the claim, rather than to leave it hanging or reject the claim. So if reasonable proof can be provided, and the officer can justify to his or her boss regarding the payout, they would rather pay then to reject and risk a lengthen negotiation.

With this approach, you will be able to get very close to market price. There will still be a difference between the prices due to the bid / offer spread that exist in a free market.

all the best!

Back