BMC Air Filter

Re: BMC Air Filter

Scuderia;167301 said:
They are beside Mike's (Sin Wee Chuan) spray shop in Ubi. Not too noisy as they are enclosed.

Where is Mike's? Do you have a more precise address and contact no.?

titanic;167422 said:
Where is Mike's? Do you have a more precise address and contact no.?

BLK 3021A Ubi Rd 1 #01-41
S408715

Scuderia, I presume you have a few cars ... Lambo, Porsche & BMW?

Besides the BMC, what are you using for your other marques?

Does the BMC make your car (the BMW?) very throttle sensitive & jerky @ low torque / gear-shifts ?

What were you using for your P 996?

spyglass;167632 said:
Scuderia, I presume you have a few cars ... Lambo, Porsche & BMW?

Besides the BMC, what are you using for your other marques?

Does the BMC make your car (the BMW?) very throttle sensitive & jerky @ low torque / gear-shifts ?

What were you using for your P 996?

Spyglass, the stock panel filter on the G is already BMC thus I kept it at stock. My ex 360 was on CF tubi airbox with BMC air filters.

P996C4 3.4l was on Evo Highflow air intake which I imported from the US. It made a high pitch whinning noise on hard acceleration which is kind of nice. The fuel consumption was a lot higher with these.

P996C2 3.6l was on standard filters.

The CDA BMC give a little push to the low end, no difference to the throttle senitivity as far as I am tell. Very minimal noise too.

Hey Bros, I'm currently driving the Civic 2.0 (A) and am using the BMC Carbon Airbox Filter while awaiting the arrival of my E90 320i. Yes indeed I installed it at Espace Service centre and they are the sole distributors of BMC which is directly imported from UK. Low to mid is slightly improved and high end feels really smooth. Although it does not have the growl of Open Pods, it still have a very soft aggresive growl when revved hard.

You can view some photos of the BMC installed on my current civic on my blog below. Its the limited edition silver carbon fibre version.

Mr Gary

Scuderia;167813 said:
Spyglass, the stock panel filter on the G is already BMC thus I kept it at stock. My ex 360 was on CF tubi airbox with BMC air filters.

P996C4 3.4l was on Evo Highflow air intake which I imported from the US. It made a high pitch whinning noise on hard acceleration which is kind of nice. The fuel consumption was a lot higher with these.

P996C2 3.6l was on standard filters.

The CDA BMC give a little push to the low end, no difference to the throttle senitivity as far as I am tell. Very minimal noise too.

Hi Scuderia,

Any advice for a 997? I am interested in GruppeM, CDA BMC or flat panel BMC but am worried about MAF failure issues with the oil filter. Apparently this generation of pcars are quite prone to such things

Remus325;348783 said:
Hi Scuderia,

Any advice for a 997? I am interested in GruppeM, CDA BMC or flat panel BMC but am worried about MAF failure issues with the oil filter. Apparently this generation of pcars are quite prone to such things

Bro, contact them directly. Look for Peter

Espace Service Pte. Ltd.
Blk 3021A Ubi Road 1 #01-41
Singapore 408715

Contact us:
Tel: (65) 6748 3430
Fax: (65) 6749 2452

no worries for porsches.... espace is experts in porsches...

delrosa81;349182 said:
Yupyup, Andy is the man! :lol2:

Thanks but i am hoping for somewhat more independent advice. I understand that espace sells BMC while maximus racing sells gruppeM

GruppeM is the king of air filters...

If i had the money... Sure whack GruppeM for sure.

Herman;349326 said:
GruppeM is the king of air filters...

If i had the money... Sure whack GruppeM for sure.

no... imho... its just using the cheapo K&N filter... the reason gruppeM is expensive because of the chamber which is using very high quality CF or carbon kevlar... u pay for the material..not the any breakthough system or technology

GruppeM for looks, sound and performance...

K&N drop-in for performance and value for money... (P.S I was on K&N drop-in until i got bored of its "quietness")

So u have to go figure what u want bro...

After ard 2-3weeks of driving ard with BMC, the growl of the intake seems to get louder and louder. Initially, there was a really loud roar from the engine after 4800-5000 rpm, now even after normal driving my engine sounds fiercer, duno if its normal. Definitely an improvement in low to mid range power and torque.

This is not an intake for those who are after a more quiet and peaceful ride. Sound is quite similar to Vtec

If it's ok, I'd like to revisit this thread with everybody, one year on. Am interested in an upgrade from stock+aftermarket drop-in filters but not quite ready for types like GruppeM.

The BMC CDA seems like a good intermediate step. But did a search and found that it got mixed reviews, in particular where low end torque loss was concerned. Same for similar products like Cyberspeed. Some like it, others don't and reverted to stock after a few weeks.

Wondering if it was not because of the configurations and mods existing on the cars at the time when these CAI were installed. Or, was engine displacement not a factor? Having throttle improvements like SB or Velocity?

Brothers and sisters who have BMC CDA or had it once, care to share what it did for your cars, what you like and don't like about it, your car engine displacements, and what your cars had when the system came on, please?

And experts out there, please enlighten what other reasons there are for the different experience among users. Are there minimum prerequisites on the car to make a BMC or Cyberspeed perform throughout the rpm band?

Thanks much much. Hope this review can help those of us out who are thinking about the same thing but are still clueless.

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri, and happy holidays!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keonhacainexus
Back