Bluetooth interface S/W update download failure

bryan_t

Anybody downloaded the s/w update for your bluetooth from the BMW website before? Tried a few times to download the update file (UPD01004.bin) but keeps getting a 403 forbidden error.

Any other options?

Re: Bluetooth interface S/W update download failure

Did u save the s/w in the main directory of USB drive?

Download the software-make sure u check the box to accept terms of use

Eagle67;889093 said:
Download the software-make sure u check the box to accept terms of use

yes, I did accept the terms. after that, I pressed the "Download Software Update" button and it went to another page with the error message. sianz........

Hi, tried just this week, think the site is up again. managed to download it onto usb drive and plug into centre console. takes 2 mins to update your CIC to new version. if you have iPhone and getting iOS6(releasing on wed 19 sept) , you can even get SMS and emails finally!

cheers!

Hi,

Did you manage to get it to work ?(read SMS and emails)

I updated mine phone and CIC, nothing changed.

thanks

Yes, one kind bro here emailed me the software and I got it updated on the car. can this version allow you to read email and sms? mine cannot leh.

lhraiders;895647 said:
Hi,

thanks

lhraiders;895647 said:
Hi,

thanks

Mine also nothing changed.

Eagle67;895691 said:
Mine also nothing changed.

One trick is to go to bluetooth on iphone and click blue arrow beside device name. Ensure show notifications is turned on.

On the cic unit under bluetooth(telephone) options, scroll and ensure "config bluetooth" has office ticked. That worked for me.

Then it takes a while to connect.

only new sms after connection established will be recieved. Previous ones will not show up. If you delete it off your phone, they will disappear off the CIC. Good for when you are driving and email or sms comes in, click the play button and it actually reads the message out to you.

You don't need any usb cable or bmw apps, just the latest bluetooth update and ios6.

Hope this helps.

Have included some photos in this other thread
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/introduction-greetings/70162-hi-all.html

Cheers

Does this work on the small screen iDrive or do you need the big 10" iDrive w/Navigation Pro to have the office functions?

I think it did not make a difference for me because I am using Samsung, not iphone :errr:

detach8;895845 said:
Does this work on the small screen iDrive or do you need the big 10" iDrive w/Navigation Pro to have the office functions?

So far, it seems works whether 7 or 10" CIC as long as you have bluetooth option. Must download from bmw site bluetooth update to ver 3.5.4.as it has iOS support enabled. doesn't work with earlier ver.
Works with iphone 3gs, 4 and 4s under ios6 based on the new bluetooth MAP implemented.

Cheers

dxr8;895760 said:
One trick is to go to bluetooth on iphone and click blue arrow beside device name. Ensure show notifications is turned on.

On the cic unit under bluetooth(telephone) options, scroll and ensure "config bluetooth" has office ticked. That worked for me.

Then it takes a while to connect.

only new sms after connection established will be recieved. Previous ones will not show up. If you delete it off your phone, they will disappear off the CIC. Good for when you are driving and email or sms comes in, click the play button and it actually reads the message out to you.

You don't need any usb cable or bmw apps, just the latest bluetooth update and ios6.

Hope this helps.

Have included some photos in this other thread
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/introduction-greetings/70162-hi-all.html

Cheers
Thanks for guide. However, mine does not display any messages. Not sure why?

Hi eagle67,
If paired correctly, you should see "messages" option appear in the CIC telephone menu.
Try asking a friend to SMS you while your Bluetooth is paired to the car.
Then without touching the phone, go to the CIC telephone menu, and choose messages, after abt 30sec to 1 min, it should appear. You can then click on the SMS and hear it played over the speaker.

Emails appear only when phone locked. Usually I don't bother.

Sounds like hard work but now I just don't worry with the phone when I get in. Enjoy the ride!

actually its a good and bad to receive msg in CIC, the moment you heard the msg read, the next moment you'll have the temptation to pick up the phone to reply..... Then then you hear someone horning you and ask you to pull to the left..... Too late liao...... License kanna suspense/revoked and Hp kanna confiscated...... worth it?

Should not happen this way mah.

Manage via iDrive knob. No need to touch phone physically.

U need Siri :)

I just tested. Confirmed need the 10" big screen CIC for messages to work. Small 7" screen doesn't have the feature.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
u888red
Back