Bluetooth Car Kit for E90

Jedi R

Hi,

I am planning to install a bluetooth car kit for my E90. I have narrow it down to two models. SE HCB-700 and Nokia 616 car kit.

Anyone have installed this on their E90? Any feedback and advise?

I will not go for the original car kit from BMW. The price will be high since its from BMW and PML.

Cheers.

Re: Bluetooth Car Kit for E90

both car-kits are fine. It is a matter of preference in terms of looks and ease of use. Personally i have used the Nokia kit before and i do like it.

As an additional measure and only if you have an additional amp to drive your speakers, is to connect a normally closed relay to the bluetooth kit, The relay will close the contacts for the amp remote. So when a call is made or recv, the bluetooth kit is able to turn off the amp thus muting the radio...... it's a neat trick.

cheers

You can try using VITEBO VTB-88 bluetooth handsfree car kit..... easy install, hassle free. think it cost @ $300, if u interested MAYBE (maybe only) can get @ $250 for u...........

Hi

How much is the parrot handfree kit? Anyone installed it already? Where in Singapore can we buy it?

milk15 said:
You can try using VITEBO VTB-88 bluetooth handsfree car kit..... easy install, hassle free. think it cost @ $300, if u interested MAYBE (maybe only) can get @ $250 for u...........

Thanks for the offer but I prefer to have a display on my dashboard....

Puny said:
Some members recommend the Parrot Handsfree set as well..
http://www.parrot.biz/usa/products/index.php?id=3200

Parrot3200-LS-COLOR-small.jpg

Basically, it comes with color display, voice recognition dialing and address book pairing which is a plus. Anyone tried / seen this in person yet??

I have been using it for 8mths liao...hmm...not too bad la... I got my from hong kong, not sure whether they selling it over here... maybe by now got new model out liao...whoever wants to get check with them whether they got a later model a not....

Never tried the rest before so can't compare la....only problem I encounter is that when i driving fast and furious...they can't really hear me clearly...beside that, I would say is pretty good....hope this info helps...

I m also interested to get a BT CarKit, but I DON'T want one with Display. Now all got display n very big and clumsy........ I should have gotten the SE when they made me a fair offer.

No display needed? Do you use a Nokia phone? If so I highly recommend the Nokia CK7W. Have used it in my last 3 family cars. Bluetooth allows for auto pairing for my wife's Nokia and on the weekends when I drive n I need to use the handsfree, I just plug my own nokia phone into the charger jack to get connected. Find the system very useful if both you and significant other uses Nokia phones. Or at least the less frequent user uses a Nokia phone (Cos my wife's phone doesnt need to be a nokia to sync via bluetooth but it is useful if her battery is low/flat)

Hope that helps.

As to how much, Parisilk in Holland V can supply for less than $200.

Bmer said:
I have been using it for 8mths liao...hmm...not too bad la... I got my from hong kong, not sure whether they selling it over here... maybe by now got new model out liao...whoever wants to get check with them whether they got a later model a not....

Cool! I want to check it out during the month end meetup. :D

I don't need a display mainly cause I don't have a space for the display. I don't use Nokia phones, the SE BT CarKit allows paring of up to 5 or 6 phones. My problem is more the other way round, I need the car kit in both cars. Back in the 90's my bro and I went down to Singtel and bought 5 Ericsson car kits costing an arm and a leg when we gave up the motorola phones!!!!!!!!!! Still have the kits somewhere in the storeroom, have no idea wat to do with them.

BorisRS said:
No display needed? Do you use a Nokia phone? If so I highly recommend the Nokia CK7W. Have used it in my last 3 family cars. Bluetooth allows for auto pairing for my wife's Nokia and on the weekends when I drive n I need to use the handsfree, I just plug my own nokia phone into the charger jack to get connected. Find the system very useful if both you and significant other uses Nokia phones. Or at least the less frequent user uses a Nokia phone (Cos my wife's phone doesnt need to be a nokia to sync via bluetooth but it is useful if her battery is low/flat)

Hope that helps.

As to how much, Parisilk in Holland V can supply for less than $200.

I actually want the display as the E90 is pretty plain on the dashboard since I don't have the iDrive.

With the display, it will kind of boast the appearances....

The Nokia website mentioned that the Nokia 616 can sync the phonebook for Symbian OS. I am planning on getting the P990i. Anyone got any experience on this?

The SE HCB-700 apparently cannot do it with Symbian OS as per their website.

*** Advanced Bluetooth Car Kit

hi,

a member from Delphi forum has brought in this Advanced carkit. you can refer to the link on the picture and info: http://community.webshots.com/user/four_eggs. quite a few of us have bought it from him.

Price is S$90 for forum members (Retail at S$140/-). if keen to check it out, his mobile is 96678989

Two other models to consider. Motorola HT 820 and .... tadah, a Garmin Nuvi. When I am using my Garmin, will use its built-in blue tooth. When not using Garmin, will use my trusty Moto HT 820 mounted on my sun shade cover.

Re: *** Advanced Bluetooth Car Kit

Is this any good bro? The one from Allen? So just plug into the socket and u are ready to go? Comes with a built in speakerphone? Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zxb9236
Back