Bird chirping....wtf?!

beem

Hi all,

New problem surfaced today....whenever I start my car after a long stop (~2 hours), I can hear sounds like bird chirping (slow and fast pace sometimes) inside the car...it seems like coming from the passenger compartment side. I tried to listen to the same sound again from the engine compartment but there seems to be none. So, definitely its from the inside..

Anybody experience this thing before?

Do help!!

Thanks!

I think its time to sell it and go jappo.....

Re: Bird chirping....wtf?!

sounds like the fan's bearing in ur a/c fancoil unit is wearing off...

I can still hear it with the aircond off....only when I off the engine, the sound disappear...and after the engine warms up...it disappear as well...

Weird thing is I dun hear it from outside...maybe I'll try again to hear it..but after a long rain....the sound is fader...

My car has got birds too. Yes it happens even when the a/c is off after you turn on the ignition to on. Nothing to do with fan belt cos' I can hear it even BEFORE starting the engine so long as the ignition is on. :furious:

Guess its the fan coil unit...have not send it for checking yet....

Its some fan prob... i got the same issue. Apparently there is a fan at the glove compartment area. Its faulty... i just got mine replaced at arang recently....

I believe i took the last one there... just sent it in to pml and ask them to change for free if it is within warranty.... i think it is around $150.....

To me it sounds like cricket...

Hi Liverpudlian,

I got the same problem. May I know what is the fan or the items you replaced? I'm going to PML for servicing this Tuesday i.e. 23/05/06. Appreciate if u can let me know what is the items that caused this problem & which area is having problem so that I can ask PML to check for me.

Thank you & best rgds,
John soh

Looks like everyone's got birds in the car! Just heard the same chriping, squeaking sometimes hissing sound in my 3.5yr old E46. Sound starts when car is cold, disappears when hot. Even before cranking engine, there will be that sound. After turning off aircon, the sound will still persist for a while. Sound is irritating but turn on the radio and you don't hear it.

Is it aircon fan or belt? Is it going to lead to something more expensive if I just ignore the noise?

It is the fan in the glove compartment that needs to be replaced....but apparently the sound disappaeared after bout 3 weeks.....so, I'm not changing it yet until the chirping sound reappears (touch wood)....

If it's indeed from the passenger side and cannot be heard from outside, then it should be the fan for the ECU. Behind the glove box, at the firewall, is the ECU for the E46. There is a fan that is attached to the ECU to keep it cool.

Try hearing it thru the passenger air con vent to see if it's from there...

I've got the exact same intermittent problem. Recently it's gotten worse than ever and is extremely irrtating. My first instinct was that it originated from a worn belt or bearing within the engine compartment but upon closer inspection, I realised that I could only hear it from within the cabin.

Spoke to Billy from J4C and he explained that it could be either the ECU cooling fan, or the Aircon Fan Bearing. Hope it's not too expensive to replace. :yikess:

I'll repost on the final verdict and cost once it's settled.

i got this too! sounds like cricket or whistle sound...especially during bumpy roads..

on and off...

I think I am having this 'bird chirping' noise. As it comes about when the aircon fan is blowing... suspect is the fan blower... :( Car is an E46 318).

As I am v apprehensive of stripping the dashboard... can anyone please tell me where this blower is located... hoping that it's easily accessible.. and ez job..

Thanks!

well, i replaced the ecu fan, but the chirping sound wasnt eliminated.
You know what? its my seatbelt. spray some WD40 on it...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8may88vip
Back