Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups

Best Quote for 525 ?

MYSTIC

Hi - anyone got a better or lower quote of S$170K for a 525 from PML ??

Any other freebies offered ? Thanks

Re: Best Quote for 525 ?

heard from my PML SE fren that no more COE to go around so they have to bid for new ones....ie, prices expected to rise. so if u are able to get at 170k, dun wait liao hor

But isn't the E230 a good fight since its the last of its series before the new model comes out? I think the E230 can be had for around $150+....Quite a substantial amount compared to the 525 at $170k....

razer;391649 said:
But isn't the E230 a good fight since its the last of its series before the new model comes out? I think the E230 can be had for around $150+....Quite a substantial amount compared to the 525 at $170k....

somtimes is not abt the $$, but the though of driving a car that shares with our public transport... arghhhh.

one-two;391745 said:
somtimes is not abt the $$, but the though of driving a car that shares with our public transport... arghhhh.

+1, also going to change new model...hp also lose to 525

I heard the current 52 doesn't have alot of the bells and whistles that the previous versions had such as GPS and rear sunblinds, hence OMV lower, hence, lower price.

donaldho;391765 said:
+1, also going to change new model...hp also lose to 525

Well, its just a little bit of HP difference and also, that's not the main selling point. Both are of similar class and are often compared against each other but the very fact that the MERC is reaching that particular model's product cycle and thus has slightly more to offer and lower price than the bimmer sounds like a great deal for some. Not as if the new face lifted model would be alot more revolutionary. But either way, I tested both and I have the say that surprisingly, the Mercs felt really smooth through gear changes because of its 7G tronic and the safety features are pretty awesome. The 5 is still more of a drivers car but given the offerings by both companies, 20K less is a substantial amount of savings and come to think of it, we're looking at an avant garde specced merc E230 versus a normal 525i, and yes i understand you won't really go wrong with either one but man, 20K worth of savings really is a consideration point...

one-two;391745 said:

That I have to agree......:)

Wonder what's the OMV for both cars

razer;391774 said:
Well, its just a little bit of HP difference and also, that's not the main selling point. Both are of similar class and are often compared against each other but the very fact that the MERC is reaching that particular model's product cycle and thus has slightly more to offer and lower price than the bimmer sounds like a great deal for some. Not as if the new face lifted model would be alot more revolutionary. But either way, I tested both and I have the say that surprisingly, the Mercs felt really smooth through gear changes because of its 7G tronic and the safety features are pretty awesome. The 5 is still more of a drivers car but given the offerings by both companies, 20K less is a substantial amount of savings and come to think of it, we're looking at an avant garde specced merc E230 versus a normal 525i, and yes i understand you won't really go wrong with either one but man, 20K worth of savings really is a consideration point...

There is a Oct 07 523i XL Highline at PML Premium. Oct 07. OMV $59k. COE $19. GPS, Sports Steering. Active Steering. Warranty till Oct 2011.

how much would this be in the open market?

Thanks everyone .....must check out the Mercs (never cross my mind before) but I did testdrove the GS300

20K is a big difference.

MYSTIC;392102 said:
Thanks everyone .....must check out the Mercs (never cross my mind before) but I did testdrove the GS300

20K is a big difference.

GS300 is a nice car in term of cabin size and look.. not to forget that it's horsey too :yummie:

Well, it depends what is your requirement but with the current financial crisis, $20k is alot.

MYSTIC;392102 said:

20K is a big difference.

I remember seeing their Straits Times advertisment of E200 Kompresor at $146k. And this is before any further neg. Free COE also

Did consider the GS300 as well but being a 3 liter which means higher road tax and fuel consumption plus the wifey said car looks too big for her to handle , limited my choice to the 525 and A6 2.8

Finally went for the 525, and is happy with the decision

Cheers

Hi,

I hav a few friends who would be interested. Wud u let u me know the SE that offered this price, please. Thanks.

MYSTIC;391386 said:
Hi - anyone got a better or lower quote of S$170K for a 525 from PML ??

Any other freebies offered ? Thanks

According to OneMotoring the OMV for Sept:
BMW 520 $47,996/ Merc E200 $51,649/ Lexus GS300 $52,226
BMW 525 $57,517/ Merc E230 $54,736

razer;391774 said:

I tried both the E200 Kompressor and the E230. Dunno what the price differences vis-a-vis their Bimmer counterparts are right now, but I found both the E-class models I tried noisy. :whythis:

For the E200K, the engine sounds like a taxi when revved - probably because of the supercharger.

So I tried the E230, and the engine and gearbox is much smoother. However, this then exposed another weakness in the E-class - sound insulation is surprisingly bad. I could hear so much tyre/wind noise at 60 km/h that I didn't feel like driving any faster. The power steering is also way too light, IMHO.

On the plus side, the stock sound system is better than in the 520, 523 and the latest batch of lower-specced 525s. :(

For the reasons above, I wouldn't consider the E-class.

Just my 2 cents' worth.

Back