Beat the Queue! iPhone 4 out on Apple SG.

satinGHOST|r!der

Legendary 10 Years
iPhone 3GS & iPhone 4 - Apple Store (Singapore)

As above! MTL!!!
Ordered mine but have to wait 3 weeks.
Most likely not the first batch. Many ppl who have collected have complained of the blue hue on photos taken by the camera. I understand its a problem with the coating on the phone that will dry up the more you use the camera or something. Hopefully the batch that comes in 3 weeks time will be more perfecto!

More details on the problems people are facing with the iPhone Camera. http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2479908&start=135&tstart=0

Prices are well worth it for a phone without contract. I dont undestand how some people are offering paying 1300-1400 for the same iPhone that costs much less online.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Beat the Queue! iPhone 4 out on Apple SG.

I suppose this is purely price of the phone? No contract thingy whatsoever? If so, who will activate it for you?

pengful;563904 said:
I suppose this is purely price of the phone? No contract thingy whatsoever? If so, who will activate it for you?

Yup just the iPhone no contract. Get a microsim from your carrier and use iTunes to activate. This phone is from Singapor store so its not locked!

As long as you get internet connectivity (wifi or 3g) the phone will self-activate :)

a) You will need to plug into the computer to activate - at least I had to

b) For the MicroSIM if you dont want to pay the carrier - go to mobilesquare at far east. $5 for cutting your current sim

c) I got one iphone4 on friday - meant to be the wife's but am using it atm. No blue hue on photos - that's likely from the lighting. The iPhone camera is not perfect after all - the focus is not on the photography here. I have also not been able to replicate the "death grip" issue... so...

d) from the Apple store - no contract etc. Take a backup of your existing phone, resize the sim, plug into the iphone4, restore and away you go. For me, the niftiest bits are the bump in speed and the shape.

timechaser;564333 said:
a) You will need to plug into the computer to activate - at least I had to

b) For the MicroSIM if you dont want to pay the carrier - go to mobilesquare at far east. $5 for cutting your current sim

c) I got one iphone4 on friday - meant to be the wife's but am using it atm. No blue hue on photos - that's likely from the lighting. The iPhone camera is not perfect after all - the focus is not on the photography here. I have also not been able to replicate the "death grip" issue... so...

d) from the Apple store - no contract etc. Take a backup of your existing phone, resize the sim, plug into the iphone4, restore and away you go. For me, the niftiest bits are the bump in speed and the shape.

nice reviews.

one question: If i have an ipad, could I go to a carrier and apply for a 2nd duplicate sim and it will share my existing 3G data plan?

timechaser;564333 said:

I read reports that the "death grip" issue is most likely AT&T's own coverage problem, not Apple's design problem. Many other countries have reported that they too do not have issues with reception at all.

como;564368 said:
nice reviews.

one question: If i have an ipad, could I go to a carrier and apply for a 2nd duplicate sim and it will share my existing 3G data plan?
Yes. Just did that.

16.5 for additional microsim (if you don't cut a multisim which will cost you $5/month from Singtel).

como;564368 said:
nice reviews.

+1.

I would like to know the answer too.

ryan;564399 said:
Yes. Just did that.

16.5 for additional microsim (if you don't cut a multisim which will cost you $5/month from Singtel).

thanks Ryan. so just get a normal duplicate sim and cut it yourself......

pengful;564396 said:
I read reports that the "death grip" issue is most likely AT&T's own coverage problem, not Apple's design problem. Many other countries have reported that they too do not have issues with reception at all.

Yup. I enabled the field test mode on my iPhone4 (bizarrely, you cannot do that on the phone - or so I read, but if you restore from a backup of the 3GS Which had the field test enabled, then you get the signal strength in numbers). And I find that my usual signal strength is -70 to -90. It drops to abt -90 to -100 (depending on where it is earlier) but at no point do I reach the stage where the calls will be dropped.

As for cutting the sim - if you got steady hands - you can do it yourself. However, if like me - you are even a wee bit scared, a trip to Far East plaza and $5 at Mobilesquare will give you a microsim. The cut sim and the original microsim work equally well - dont see any reason to pay anything.

ryan;564399 said:
Yes. Just did that.

Does this mean that you are allowed to share your data plan for the iPhone with the iPad?

Yeah if u willing to cut your sim, you can share data plans with your ipad with a multisim plan

detach8;564513 said:
Yeah if u willing to cut your sim, you can share data plans with your ipad with a multisim plan

That's cool. I'll probably go with this option.

Yeah you can approach the store (in my signature) to get your sim cut to microsim size... They have proper cutters to do the job. $5

just wait for iphone 5.. :thumbsup:

iphone 4 is just like windows vista, aint perfect.. windows 7 is the way to go..

dantito;564564 said:
just wait for iphone 5.. :thumbsup:

iphone 4 is just like windows vista, aint perfect.. windows 7 is the way to go..

And just like windows vista if you manage the iphone4 and manage your own expectations, it is a great device. much better implemented than 3gs.

Got my son an iPhone for his birthday the other week, And recently got my daughter an iPod for hers, Was dead chuffed when the family clubbed together and bought me an iPad for father's day

Got my wife an iRon for her Birthday. That was when the fight started......

steven32;564583 said:
Got my wife an iRon for her Birthday. That was when the fight started......

Haha.....good one.....:woowooo::woowooo:

timechaser;564582 said:
And just like windows vista if you manage the iphone4 and manage your own expectations, it is a great device. much better implemented than 3gs.

apple is abit slow.. if you realised.. many other phones are much more advanced.. then again, boils down to branding..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hema
Back