BBKs for E92 M3

Re: BBKs for E92 M3

Thought the stock brakes were regenerative or something? Will there be any repercussions?
Stock is best :)

benchmarc;418356 said:
Thought the stock brakes were regenerative or something? Will there be any repercussions?

Stock is best :)

Are you on stock brakes?

'The Great White'

eggz;418308 said:
Thinking seriously about BBKs for the M. Has anyone heard of Performance Friction Brakes? There this thread:

Performance Friction dropped a skid at our place today... - Page 3 - M3 Forum 2008 BMW M3 2007 BMW M3 BMW E90 M3 E92

The nice thing about these is that they fit the OEM 18inch rims.

Also considering the Brembos or AP racing, the Stoptechs seem rather heavy, any comments, suggestions?

Hi mate
Now u know u need one

Ok, PFC is a pretty hardcore name for brakes in racing esp in US. They are definitely good. Price wise i dunno. I have been using their race pads for a number of years and they re truly amazing. A few guys here have used them too

AP n Brembos...the legend obviously..can't go wrong with either brand. Brembo calipers look nicer for sure but the APRacing yellow lettering on black caliper looks tho dull but means business. Also check if AP makes the rear rotors for ur car or not coz most of the time they only make rear calipers only so u hv to use back ur own rotors ( nothing bad but it can affect your decision later on when u compare the pricing )

One thing truly sucks big time bout AP is the delivery time. It's typically made to order so they dont stock. For a car like BMW , I bet it's at least 1.5-2mths.
I am still waiting mine since Mid Dec!

IMO, for ease of everything....get the Brembo GT, slotted not x-drilled.

U know who to contact for this

Cheers

Ai Brake Mai?

Yeah...slotted Brembos...8 pot front, 4 pot rear....steam steam...

can somebody clarify: the regenerative braking of the BMW M3 has NOTHING TO DO with the braking system, I thought. Just that once the car is accelerating a relay shuts down the charging circuit so that the alternator becomes unloaded. Once braking, the relay rejoins, so the alternator becomes heavily loaded helping braking.

BUT THESE GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH BRAKES LEH!!!

centurion;418572 said:
can somebody clarify: the regenerative braking of the BMW M3 has NOTHING TO DO with the braking system, I thought. Just that once the car is accelerating a relay shuts down the charging circuit so that the alternator becomes unloaded. Once braking, the relay rejoins, so the alternator becomes heavily loaded helping braking.

BUT THESE GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH BRAKES LEH!!!

The M3 is the first 3 Series that features BMW's so-called Brake Energy Regeneration. This system is part of the company's 'Efficient Dynamics' suite of technologies aimed at reducing fuel consumption. It is not true energy regeneration from brakes (as a diesel electric railway locomotive might use, running electric motors backwards to provide magnetic braking force in order to charge a bank of batteries) but rather the use of smart technology to limit the drain on engine power by the alternator.

In effect, in normal use the alternator only charges the battery when the driver is off the throttle, or indeed on the brakes. BMW claims this generates (pun intended) both fuel and performance savings. It seems in this day and age, every little bit helps

This seems more of a salient feature than an active feature. Doubt it has anything to do with the brakes MECHANICALLY.

TripleM;418533 said:
Hi mate
Now u know u need one

Ok, PFC is a pretty hardcore name for brakes in racing esp in US. They are definitely good. Price wise i dunno. I have been using their race pads for a number of years and they re truly amazing. A few guys here have used them too

AP n Brembos...the legend obviously..can't go wrong with either brand. Brembo calipers look nicer for sure but the APRacing yellow lettering on black caliper looks tho dull but means business. Also check if AP makes the rear rotors for ur car or not coz most of the time they only make rear calipers only so u hv to use back ur own rotors ( nothing bad but it can affect your decision later on when u compare the pricing )

One thing truly sucks big time bout AP is the delivery time. It's typically made to order so they dont stock. For a car like BMW , I bet it's at least 1.5-2mths.
I am still waiting mine since Mid Dec!

IMO, for ease of everything....get the Brembo GT, slotted not x-drilled.

U know who to contact for this

Cheers

Ai Brake Mai?

Thanks for the comments. I'm inclined to either the Brembos or PFC, I guess one problem with PFC is that they are not really represented here in Singapore.

One more question, I understand that slotted brakes are better for the track, is that the reason you recommend slotted over x-drilled? I read that slotted cause more wear on the pads, is that true?

I m not sure how true that is but even if it is , I'd still go for slotted as it bites better and it wont crack.

That PFC looks bloody good, did u see the piston sizes? Tua Kee arh....

PFC Rotors looks like it's about the same size as stock.

Brembo GT will need min. 19" rims to clear.

Front 6pot monoblock 380x34mm & rear 4pot monoblock 380x28mm.
Exact same setup as GTR!

Go for Brembo. Easier for future maintainence & also various choice of race pads applications.

'The Great White'

If you ever do a 4-wheel BBK I'd be interested in your OEM E92 brake set.. thanks! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8may88vip
Back