Battery Change for E60 523

Bieffe

I started getting High Discharge Msg, then battery sign come on then all electric goes off. Trip meter is also reset. Starting is lethargic. Indicator on battery itself shows weak charge (hope not alternator). Maybe bcos I seldom drive and distance is short?
It has been diagnose as a weak battery. I have not installed any DVR or car cam.

My batt was checked and was told is OK..just weeks before....crap....wonder why?

Was given quotes from $350 to $700. All different makes and not all provided coding. Some workshop insist that is not necessary as my car batt is working though weak so no need coding is backed up...I didn't buy that so coding is a must for me.

The brands was BMW originals, Varta, Ameron, Boliden.....I took Boliden. As this recommended workshop...I believe fellow BMW users cannot be all that wrong. Comparing with BMW battery they diff is abt $100+

Original BMW batt in my car dated 2011 at 80AMPS. New batt rated 110amps.

After 45mins all done. Though they should have been more careful. 2 clips to hold the boot liner covering the batt broken,1 pcs lost. Their hands were also quite dirty.

1st think I noticed starting much better.

Just sharing my experience.

Re: Battery Change for E60 523

Boliden is good , I used it before on my Camry and it last more than 2 years with no issues . 110amp sound gd as standard bmw battery for 525 only 90amp and 110 amp will be much sufficient for all electronic thing works more smoothly

A better bet is to check the alternator dude. BMW battery normally lasts like 5 years or so, as its in the boot away from heat source. No idea what coding you're going on about, a battery swap should be straight forward.

A buddy of mine just changed his battery gave me a contact a bit cheaper and using bosch.

United Motor Trading Call Francis at 67863266
74 DIN Bosch @ $187.25 inc gst (caution they like to quote WITHOUT gst dunno why)
Address is Blk 9004 Tamp St 93 #0176 S(528838)

Once again i have no personal interest in any of these business just sharing with the bros here on ways to save $ as motoring already so damn ex.

Make sure the car is coded with new battery capacity and initialized as new. This sets the charging characteristic .

Last edited by a moderator:

You must recode as new battery fitted + amp change. Actually any reason you chose for such difference in amp? Very important when choosing a battery is its cca. My original Varta did 8 full years / 120,000 Km and it was replaced before its end of life.

Back