Automatic Engine Start/stop Logic modification

SHCKent

Hi

I just got a F30 320i recently. Understand that there is this automatic start/stop engine function by default.

i know to deactivate this function it can be done manually via the Automatic Start/Stop function button with the LED switched on, indicating that the start/stop function is deactivated.

However, by default, the Automatic Start/Stop function is reactivated each time the engine is started.

Is F30 320i possible to modify this default logic to “Last user mode.”?? Where to modify this? So that everytime when i start the engine, i dont need to manually push the LED button.

Please advise.

Re: Automatic Engine Start/stop Logic modification

+1, get Tony to code out ASS feature

...or you can do it yourself.
There is a forum here dealing with coding the BMW.
All you need is a cable called the ENET cable if you already have a notebook computer. I bought the cable from Ebay for about $10.

Apart from coding the ASS, there is a host of other features in your bimmer to alter to your heart's content. But all I did was just code my ASS to default off. Maybe I'm easily satisfied; but in the process through hours of research I learned a lot about coding my car.

Jim49;1121863 said:
All you need is a cable called the ENET cable if you already have a notebook computer. I bought the cable from Ebay for about $10.

Apart from coding the ASS, there is a host of other features in your bimmer to alter to your heart's content. But all I did was just code my ASS to default off. Maybe I'm easily satisfied; but in the process through hours of research I learned a lot about coding my car.
cool.. Do you need an program to run this?

SHCKent;1121865 said:
cool.. Do you need an program to run this?

Yes. Follow the forum to find out where and how to find this program.
Do your research; look for the coding forum as well as others on the net.

Jim49;1121863 said:

This beats paying over $100 for just few clicks and keyboard presses :)

i actually think that this is a cool feature especially in a heavily traffic congested city like Singapore. Although it might seems a bit irritating in the beginning, but u will get use to it after a while and you could actually save petrol if you do more city drive than highway.

I can only hope that my E90 318i has this feature ...

No. In start stop traffic, it will not work. And also, more stress on the starter.

whiskie;1121891 said:
No. In start stop traffic, it will not work. And also, more stress on the starter.
+1. Only thing I like the sound of my engine starting but stress on starter motor and more battery drainage

Yes i agree.. I don't find it pratical for a congested city with lots of traffic junctions. Guess its more pratical for big countries with less traffic lights. Frequent start/stop of engine hmm.. I dun feel good.. ;)

I kinda got used to it, but its the passengers that were "disturbed" why the car keep "死车" one, LOL
Antways did U guys see the size of the starter motor, its huge probably bulit for this sort of start/stop action.

cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8may88vip
Back