Auto lock and window not working

ace_singapore

This morning I noticed that my four windows and autolock and auto boot release are all not working. I have an alarm installed therefore I took it to that shop for checkup and they checked the fuse box under the glove compartment and it seems fine. The technician suspected it could be another blown fuse in the boot that's causing the problem but since it couldn't be opened and I brought the other key, I would probably go back there again tmr. Any bro here has any advice to this problem? Mine is a 98' E46 sedan. TIA

Re: Auto lock and window not working

Yeah feel that this is a tough one too; anyway car under PML custody today, would update if anyone is interested.

ace_singapore said:
Yeah feel that this is a tough one too; anyway car under PML custody today, would update if anyone is interested.

Your general module is faulty. It controls all the electronics that you said were not working. Not cheap to replace. Think it will cost you about $600+++ onwards can't really remember. All production year 98 to 99 are quite prone to have this problem. Straight forward though.

russo said:
Your general module is faulty. It controls all the electronics that you said were not working. Not cheap to replace. Think it will cost you about $600+++ onwards can't really remember. All production year 98 to 99 are quite prone to have this problem. Straight forward though.

Right on bro, just had it reaplced today. Yeah and it did cause some damage to my pocket, but thanks man.

ok..i know this is a damn old thread but im just experiencing this prob..

1) my e46 coupe fob can lock all my doors but cannot unlock them. when i press the unlock button, i hear the "click" sound but nothing happens. able to unlock the boot though.

2) car doesnt lock when reaching 15kmh (it did before)

3) passenger side window will roll up all the way then roll down halfway in the auto mode but if i hold the button then it will close all the way.

4) in cabin lock / unlock button doesnt work. same as (1), i can hear the "click" sound but doenst seem to lock or unlock.

tried putting in another used GM5 but to no avail.

what do you guys suggest? re-program my current GM5 or put in another GM5 to re-program?

ok. tried GM5 and 3 fuses for central locking and still no-go. any suggestions??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hema
Back