Are you a victim of cyberbullying?

VolanteDB9

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
Are you a victim of cyberbullying? Speak up and get help

View attachment 40689

By Gwendolyn Ng
my paper
Thursday, Aug 30, 2012
She kept a blog when she was 14, but soon discovered an identical one online - but with defaced photos of her and warped versions of her posts.

Former child actress Kim Wakerman, now 21, said the cyberbully - whom she did not know personally - stopped only when her parents made a police report.

She said: "I started to question myself - what was wrong with me that people didn't like. I felt insecure."

Yesterday, Ms Wakerman, a volunteer with the South East Community Development Council (CDC), attended a youth forum to discuss ways to tackle cyberbullying.

The forum, organised by the South East CDC's Youth-to- Youth Network, was prompted by a Singapore Polytechnic survey involving 800 young Singaporeans. It showed last year that 68.4 per cent had experienced or knew people who had encountered cyberbullying.

Held at ITE College East, the forum's panellists included youth and Ms Jessica Tan, an MP for East Coast GRC.

She said that there should be legislation to deter cyberbullying, and that it is important to provide support to victims.

If you are bullied, "go to someone you trust: a friend, teacher or counsellor. No one can help you unless you speak up", Ms Tan said.

Get my paper for more stories.

Re: Are you a victim of cyberbullying?

Interesting.

When someone defaces your photos & calls you names on cyberspace, it's called cyberbullying.

When NTUC muscles in & shuts down all the small-time grocery/provision stalls, it's called progress.

Semantics. What would politicians do without them?

I will actually look at it from a self-critical point of view, if this happens to me.

"Why is everyone against me? Something wrong with me?"

It is a good eye and mind opener for those caught in a delusional world of their own.

wobbles;883515 said:
Interesting.

When someone defaces your photos & calls you names on cyberspace, it's called cyberbullying.

When NTUC muscles in & shuts down all the small-time grocery/provision stalls, it's called progress.

Semantics. What would politicians do without them?

even Carrefour is out.. citing no leadership in market share?
2 main players left in hypermart scene in singapore..

if I kena whack on forums is orh bee goot or cyberbullying or just kidding...(cos all internet heros?)

jasonmaxima said:
if I kena whack on forums is orh bee goot or cyberbullying or just kidding...(cos all internet heros?)

If most or all your friends - and I mean REAL friends, not some shit-stirring informer-wannabes - turned against you, you know something is wrong, no?

kenntona;883532 said:
If most or all your friends - and I mean REAL friends, not some shit-stirring informer-wannabes - turned against you, you know something is wrong, no?

are you my forummer friend? someone whom I can turn to for help...but distinct boundary line draw as off limits which is no no...ie borrowing money, taking a bullet, taking a blame for traffic offence etc etc?

or hi bye friend?

or acquaintance? if I see you.... you can choose to acknowledge then when you come into forum and I can whack you for being dao?

I hate people!
People hate me!

If someone cannot take cyberbullying, he or she will suffer in real life.

Computer can turn off, but how to take it in school or army or office?

So I think the problem doesn't lie with cyber or non-cyber.

C3P0;883555 said:
If someone cannot take cyberbullying, he or she will suffer in real life.

Computer can turn off, but how to take it in school or army or office?

So I think the problem doesn't lie with cyber or non-cyber.

is fainting consider turn off?

hitmee;883559 said:

Are you still Chairman of Micky Mouse Club?

kenntona;883532 said:

Totally agree with you. Some people just wont learn.

jasonmaxima said:
are you my forummer friend? someone whom I can turn to for help...but distinct boundary line draw as off limits which is no no...ie borrowing money, taking a bullet, taking a blame for traffic offence etc etc?

or hi bye friend?

or acquaintance? if I see you.... you can choose to acknowledge then when you come into forum and I can whack you for being dao?

More than hi-bye friend, more than mere acquaintance, but definitely less than a close friend. I am very honest de.

I don't use the words BRO or BUDDY loosely.

hitmee;883559 said:

Robot siam your question.................. l0lxxx

Back