Anyone knows castrol edge 5w/30 engine oil

John74

Hi,

Anyone knows where to get Castrol edge 5w 30 engine oil? What is the price? Thanks,

Re: Anyone knows castrol edge 5w/30 engine oil

John74;830180 said:
Hi,

Anyone knows where to get Castrol edge 5w 30 engine oil? What is the price? Thanks,

I made an enquiry last week with Michael from Eng Soon, Castrol Edge 5W30 was $20/liter with ready stock....

pReTeNd3r;830934 said:
I made an enquiry last week with Michael from Eng Soon, Castrol Edge 5W30 was $20/liter with ready stock....

Thanks will call them tonmorrow..

Bought from Eng Soon today they told me they have castrol Edge 5w30 but when I went there they said they don't sell castrol . They only have BMW 5W 30.. Bought 7 litres from them and oil filler. After chamging oil and filter my car like no power.. Alot of difference in power. Anyone can advise?

The normal capacity is 6.5 litres, I hope you did not overfill your oil. What model of BMW do u drive?

desertfox65;831667 said:
The normal capacity is 6.5 litres, I hope you did not overfill your oil. What model of BMW do u drive?

It's 535i. I bought 7litres and fill 7 litres.. is it too much?

yes too much oil will cause problem for the engine

Check the user manual I can't remember exactly but 7 litres should be overfilled

Do not drive if you find it is overfilled it will damage the engine and the seals

My F10 has done the 10K servicing at PML..when I view the oil level on my idrive, the level is jus nice on the max level... Is it right? Beginning to worry now... :(

pReTeNd3r;831690 said:
My F10 has done the 10K servicing at PML..when I view the oil level on my idrive, the level is jus nice on the max level... Is it right? Beginning to worry now... :(

Yes its jsut nice to the max when i view my idrive as well..

John74;831693 said:
Yes its jsut nice to the max when i view my idrive as well..

Tkz John...

I thought max is ok level? If overfill, idrive will alert you, ask you go service center one leh, no?

Slow_poke_driver;831742 said:
I thought max is ok level? If overfill, idrive will alert you, ask you go service center one leh, no?

Never ask any thing.. No faults.. Oil level at max..

F10 should be same right?

attachment.php

pReTeNd3r;831690 said:

I do my F10 523i servicing at PML. I use my own oil, Mobil 1.. Always bring in 7bottles of 1 quart oil, PML would return me 1 bottle with about 1/3 of unused oil.. Hope this gives you guys a better picture..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8may88vip
Back