Anyone getting the new X5?

Re: Anyone getting the new X5?

Haha. It looks humongous but it's shorter than both the F13, to say nothing of the F02!

Tall rides with volume are cool ......

I use my other ride to mount the kerb, go on to the grass field then I kick off my shoes and lean all the way while being driven by the lioness .... Machiam safari.

:)

Red_Bean_Bun;1061345 said:
Tall rides with volume are cool ......

I use my other ride to mount the kerb, go on to the grass field then I kick off my shoes and lean all the way while being driven by the lioness .... Machiam safari.

:)

Bro RBB, are you sure you kick off only your shoes ah? Not trousers and underpants while you're being ridden by the lioness? :lol2::lol2:

wobbles;1061346 said:
Bro RBB, are you sure you kick off only your shoes ah? Not trousers and underpants while you're being ridden by the lioness? :lol2::lol2:

Waaa... unker wobbles, you dang geng!

Got another text from SE. Confirm - M sport spec will come with the nicer rhomboidal/trapezoid exhausts and not the round pipes.... My resistance levels are fast fading damn it....

Mtl.... please gipp joyride when it arrives...

Not so fast, not so fast. I am also a little keen on trying out the Cayenne Platinum Edition and of course the Macan when that baby launches later this year.....

wobbles;1061418 said:
Got another text from SE. Confirm - M sport spec will come with the nicer rhomboidal/trapezoid exhausts and not the round pipes.... My resistance levels are fast fading damn it....

MTL!!!!!!!! book urself an ultimate driving room....

wobbles;1061190 said:
I didn't get a chance to test drive either cars (PML had the xDrive30d & xDrive50i for unofficial viewing): they haven't even been registered yet, so I can't comment on the all electric steering feel. Truthfully, I probably couldn't even tell the difference if it came up to me and slapped me: my F13 is all electric, and I found it OK, the F02 is all electric (with active steering) and I complain more about the active steering's feel than the all electric steering's supposedly dead in the water lack of it, and I can't remember how my old E65 felt - in fact, I reckon it felt the same. Electric or hydraulic, let's be honest, I'm never gonna track any of my cars, much less an SUV which I've not even bought (note to Meek :lol2:).

Suspensions wise, here's what I know:

The xDrive30d & xDrive35i will come spec'ed with Adaptive Suspension "Comfort", where as the xDrive50i has Adaptive Suspension "Professional" - which combines "Comfort" & "Dynamic" modes - essentially, different tuning settings to deliver different driving characteristics (the "Professional" also includes active anti roll systems). The rear axle suspension has air cushioning, but I didn't see any button in the cars that indicated an ability to raise or lower the suspension/ride height - and common sense would confirm my suspicions, because only the REAR axle comes with air suspensions, the front are still steel items.

Hope that helps - and boy, I'm starting to sound like a Sales Exec myself!

Hey thanks for the detailed info. The rear air suspension Ive got on the current X5 and its due to the 3rd row seat. Unfortunately you cant control the ride height unless you replace some small component with an adjustable one which ive seen sold online.

Yes i heard the active anti roll helps alot in cornering too. Wah im glad they give Comfort suspension, its good especially because the 3rd row eliminates the spare wheel thus the must for Run Flats. And RFT with 20" is really bumpy!

I just test drove the new X5 yesterday. I must say that I really like the new design especially the head lights now is joined to the kidney grills. The test car is a diesel model, but the SE give me the impression he is not really impressed with diesel engine. I also notice a lot of used X5/6 sold on the 2nd hand market are diesel engine.

What are your thoughts on this?

M5X;1063045 said:
I just test drove the new X5 yesterday. I must say that I really like the new design especially the head lights now is joined to the kidney grills. The test car is a diesel model, but the SE give me the impression he is not really impressed with diesel engine. I also notice a lot of used X5/6 sold on the 2nd hand market are diesel engine.

What are your thoughts on this?

Hi M5X! Welcome to the forum. I'm trying to get a few like-minded people to come buy the X5 together to wrangle for a better deal. If you're keen, lemme know, and I'll share the details. I'm eyeing the xDrive35i version - not too impressed with the xDrive30d's engine clatter and lack of pull at higher RPMs, although pull off the starting line is pretty impressive!

wobbles;1063057 said:
Hi M5X! Welcome to the forum. I'm trying to get a few like-minded people to come buy the X5 together to wrangle for a better deal. If you're keen, lemme know, and I'll share the details. I'm eyeing the xDrive35i version - not too impressed with the xDrive30d's engine clatter and lack of pull at higher RPMs, although pull off the starting line is pretty impressive!

Hi Wobbles, I am interested. Please let me know the details. :)

Wah unker wobbles buy car alr!!!!

Kennot be... why never ask me for my chiobu contact?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
11sin88com
Back