Any1 heard of Huper Optik solar films?

Slater

Hi Guys,

Anyone currently using Huper Optik solar films? Wanna know hows the qualityand workmanship like.

Also, how dark are their darkest tints? Dark enough to not be able to see into the cabin from outside?

Appreciate any comments.

Thanks.

Re: Any1 heard of Huper Optik solar films?

AFAIK, i think they are QUITE similar to V-Kool shades and heat/uv/ir rejection.

But its been several years since i last looked at their catalog and product, so might better to check with them for updates.

In any case, max darkness (Visible Light Transmission) ratio also limited by the law, so better stick to the legal limits no matter wat's installed.

Recently have been rather strict, even at roadblocks, extra lightings, overdark tints seem to be caught as well... just my 2 cents

richlee7;493410 said:
AFAIK, i think they are QUITE similar to V-Kool shades and heat/uv/ir rejection.

But its been several years since i last looked at their catalog and product, so might better to check with them for updates.

In any case, max darkness (Visible Light Transmission) ratio also limited by the law, so better stick to the legal limits no matter wat's installed.

Recently have been rather strict, even at roadblocks, extra lightings, overdark tints seem to be caught as well... just my 2 cents
thanks rich.

woud u happen to know if the like to strip the door panels and install solars films all the way to the bottom of the glass windows? or do they just laminate only what is visible?

Slater;493446 said:
thanks rich.

woud u happen to know if the like to strip the door panels and install solars films all the way to the bottom of the glass windows? or do they just laminate only what is visible?

hi Slater,

usually only the visible area are done, as they dun remove the panels. the v-kool i did they slipped it in about 5mm below the lowest visible point (seen when i stripped my panels to change my speakers)

btw, i believe the VLT in Sgp is 70% for front (front side + front windscreen) and 30% for rear (rear side + rear windscreen) i believe both HuperOptik and V-Kool are well versed in the limits, so they'll be able to provide gd reco for your choice.

changed car liao, bro? ;)

Slater;493372 said:
Hi Guys,

Anyone currently using Huper Optik solar films? Wanna know hows the qualityand workmanship like.

Also, how dark are their darkest tints? Dark enough to not be able to see into the cabin from outside?

Appreciate any comments.

Thanks.

i heard huper optik and v kool is actually the same...

anyway their darkest one shud be 20% visibility

Slater;493446 said:
thanks rich.

try infratint..i know they take off ur door panel and install it beyond whats visible.. very good workmanship and friendly boss too...

alot of us goes there...

richlee7;493587 said:
hi Slater,

usually only the visible area are done, as they dun remove the panels. the v-kool i did they slipped it in about 5mm below the lowest visible point (seen when i stripped my panels to change my speakers)

btw, i believe the VLT in Sgp is 70% for front (front side + front windscreen) and 30% for rear (rear side + rear windscreen) i believe both HuperOptik and V-Kool are well versed in the limits, so they'll be able to provide gd reco for your choice.

changed car liao, bro? ;)

yah planning for good solar film on next ride.

Terry;493614 said:
i heard huper optik and v kool is actually the same...

anyway their darkest one shud be 20% visibility

most likely will go off limits and whack the darkest

Terry;493615 said:
try infratint..i know they take off ur door panel and install it beyond whats visible.. very good workmanship and friendly boss too...

alot of us goes there...

thats actually what i wanna avoid. taking stuff out uually results in rattles. have seen a few friend experiancing that. trying to avoid taking panel out. but thanks for advice.

Slater;493687 said:
most likely will go off limits and whack the darkest

Good luck. I'll never want to go too dark anymore. LTA loves me.

Back to Huper, IIRC, it's got a blue hue. Some love it, others don't. It's also the more expensive of the tints out there but heat rejection is good.

BlackCookie;493691 said:
Good luck. I'll never want to go too dark anymore. LTA loves me.

Back to Huper, IIRC, it's got a blue hue. Some love it, others don't. It's also the more expensive of the tints out there but heat rejection is good.
what was ur experience with LTA?

so far iam ok wit this ride.

Slater;493703 said:
what was ur experience with LTA?

so far iam ok wit this ride.

As long as you can afford and accept the consequences, do whtever you want with your car. The effort to have to take out and put back on the tints repeatedly is very tiring and the fines are reasonable yet there's always much reluctance to pay for them. So I chose not to go too far... For the time being at least.

BlackCookie;493706 said:
As long as you can afford and accept the consequences, do whtever you want with your car. The effort to have to take out and put back on the tints repeatedly is very tiring and the fines are reasonable yet there's always much reluctance to pay for them. So I chose not to go too far... For the time being at least.
ur advice is much appreciated cookie

Hi....can anyone advise where i can get a new pair of wiper blades for my 320i? thanks in advance

s7923332;493750 said:
Hi....can anyone advise where i can get a new pair of wiper blades for my 320i? thanks in advance
dude ur on the wrong thread.

start a new thread with ur query when u have hit 10 posts.

u can get wiper blades from any of our recommended workshops.

If I am not wrong.. I think Tan Choon (Nissan Cars) sales folks mostly use Huper Optik Solar films for their after market free give aways.

Hi i have tried both v cool and huper for both my previous 5 series. huper is cheaper but heat rejection not as good as v cool. Just my personal opinion

caesarsray;494536 said:
Hi i have tried both v cool and huper for both my previous 5 series. huper is cheaper but heat rejection not as good as v cool. Just my personal opinion
thanks.

how r their darkest tints like? do they have a black or greenish hue?

Bcareful if too dark heard that might have some prob wth the ERP device

aerobic;494595 said:
Bcareful if too dark heard that might have some prob wth the ERP device
IU device is not affected by darkness of tints, but the metalic properties that r in the film which affects detection IU

Slater;494600 said:
IU device is not affected by darkness of tints, but the metalic properties that r in the film which affects detection IU
Confirmed...by the way, the new 3M film seem to be non-metallic compliant...so EPR friendly...i might try next time...

Back