Any i3 owners here in Singapore?

Re: Any i3 owners here in Singapore?

Just feedback and let them iron out. Should be better with each update.

I got a set of black. I think it looks decent with the lodge interior.

Hi guys

Will be picking up my i3 later this week.

Was reading in overseas i3 forums about some CEL/drivetrain malfunction issues when the REX is activated/in use

Any one of you have experienced that?

Thanks!

:)

daywalker;1124857 said:
Hi guys

Will be picking up my i3 later this week.

Was reading in overseas i3 forums about some CEL/drivetrain malfunction issues when the REX is activated/in use

Any one of you have experienced that?

Thanks!

:)

No. However I practically never have to use REX other than the maintenance runs. Looking at those forums, it sounds like a software glitch, which can probably be resolved by a software update.

Jon_Lee;1124860 said:
No. However I practically never have to use REX other than the maintenance runs. Looking at those forums, it sounds like a software glitch, which can probably be resolved by a software update.

Thanks

True though in some cases, the car went dead and had to be towed away...scary thought

anyway, i am getting ready for the wallbox to be installed on monday. Hopefully that goes smoothly.

daywalker;1124863 said:
Thanks

True though in some cases, the car went dead and had to be towed away...scary thought

anyway, i am getting ready for the wallbox to be installed on monday. Hopefully that goes smoothly.

Any car can run into this or that problem. My last 3-series once had a broken starter motor and had to be towed back to PML. At least I don't have one to worry about now. Another time my battery went dead suddenly and the technician came and changed on the spot. Now at least I have an 8 year warranty for the battery.
Electronic problems, unfortunately does affect all modern cars, not just electric ones. Most of the complains against i3 that I come across so far are "wish lists", like "i wish it has a longer range", " I wish it look more like i8", "REX should have a bigger oil tank" etc, which are issues well-researched buyers should know and accept before they buy. Reliability seems to be less of an issue.
Anyway enjoy your new car. I certainly still do. As a city commuter vehicle, especially as a second car, it is very nearly perfect for me.

Jon_Lee;1124867 said:
Any car can run into this or that problem. My last 3-series once had a broken starter motor and had to be towed back to PML. At least I don't have one to worry about now. Another time my battery went dead suddenly and the technician came and changed on the spot. Now at least I have an 8 year warranty for the battery.
Electronic problems, unfortunately does affect all modern cars, not just electric ones. Most of the complains against i3 that I come across so far are "wish lists", like "i wish it has a longer range", " I wish it look more like i8", "REX should have a bigger oil tank" etc, which are issues well-researched buyers should know and accept before they buy. Reliability seems to be less of an issue.
Anyway enjoy your new car. I certainly still do. As a city commuter vehicle, especially as a second car, it is very nearly perfect for me.

The vote of confidence coming from an existing owner is definitely a comfort :)

It is supposed to serve as a city car for my errand runs and short sprints so I am sure it would serve my purpose well enuff.

Thanks again for your feedback.

daywalker;1124876 said:
The vote of confidence coming from an existing owner is definitely a comfort :)

It is supposed to serve as a city car for my errand runs and short sprints so I am sure it would serve my purpose well enuff.

Thanks again for your feedback.
For city run, i think you can do w/o REx.

W/o REx, i3 can have a longer distance.

I've not had any trouble with the drivetrain issue that seems to plague many US i3 owners. Only trouble I've had is an air bag sensor warning that took about 10 days to order parts and 3 days to fix.

This is a new platform so expect issues here and there but overall really fun drive.

Yep so far so good :)

But strangely yesterday, the boot unlatched itself twice during my drive...

Other than that, no other issues at the moment.

Like you, also got a black set of 3M mats for my lodge.

I wonder how many i3 owners there are in Singapore. Maybe an EV meet up would be interesting.

By the way, any of you figured out how to get pml to apply the latest software update? Seeing as these types of vehicles can see changes in responsiveness, new features added, more battery power unlocked, it'll be great to get regular updates. Last time i sent the car in to fix the air bag sensor issue, they wouldn't update the software.

Back