Amp and sub advise ..

Re: Amp and sub advise ..

oneHeadlight said:
Posted in Ice forum on 31 MAy...i believe its still not sold yet. And its interesting how they mentioned about high depreciation etc...take a read. Dont blieve everything you read, cos a couple of them have hidden motives.

Thx bro, point noted, and would explore that forum for more interesting ICE stuffs.

ace_singapore said:
I can recommend you a place to get Soundstream stuffs, they carry from components, amps, to subs, pretty decently priced. I got my amps from them and quite happy with the performance.

But check with bro 1HL for his sealed 12" sub, should sound like a monster, unless you are thinking to get a pair.

Hi where can i get Soundstream stuff? I'm looking to replace my 8in sub with a 10in and an amp to go with it.

L0neW0lf said:
Hi where can i get Soundstream stuff? I'm looking to replace my 8in sub with a 10in and an amp to go with it.

You've got PM, and it would be more appropriate that you had PMed me this inquiry.

L0neW0lf said:

wa...why soundstream stuff suddenly so popular ?!! share lei...

bro, why not go 12" ? You wun regret it..

bro is this good??

Brand: Kicker

RMS Power Output: 75W x 4 @ 2 ohms
Peak Power Output: 150W x 4 @ 2 ohms
Birdged Output: 150Ws x 2 @ 4 Ohm
Signal To Noise Ratio: N/A
Frequency Response: 20-200Hz
Bass Boost: 18dB
Built-In Crossovers: Variable 12dB
Ohm Load Stability: 2 Ohm
Low Level Input: Yes
Built in Cooling Fan: Yes
Bass Control Knob: No
Dimensions: 16-1/16"W x 2-5/8"H x 10-1/4"D

how much.... hard to say which amp is good, which amp is not. Some amp pops...some amp fries. What people look for is clean amp, that can produce the power as stated, if not more. I think recently people are avoiding kicker, rockford products....

u are using for wat purpose ? front components, running active or passive, or front and rear...or front and sub ?

plan to pump 1 or 2 10' sub..so wat shld i be lookin at if i wana get one??

150W seems quite alittle for a sub. Which sub are you getting?

get a monoblock for the sub. Get a dual coil sub... i wud skip soundstream...diamond depends on model. I still advocate 12". How much u intend to pay for your sub..and amp ?

that depends on your budget...cos it determines your options. For about $300 , u can get IDQ 12" or Xtant...which is good enough for many people. Of cos, if u are willing to pay more, u can get JL or IDMAx...

For amp to power the sub, get a monoblock. A pretty good choice is Audison Lrx1.400 , a class AB monoblock at budget price about $500+ i think. Autotek class X monoblock also pretty good..$600 plus. DLS A6..i know someone selling cheaper than shops. About $900 or less i think... then u have PPi.. now PHD is getting popular also...

Always get the sub or speakers first....and get the amp... thats rule of thumb.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8may88vip
Back