Amp and sub advise ..

ST.Phase

Am think of putting amp and sub on my CI any recommandation from the expert..
need strong and clear sound..thx

Re: Amp and sub advise ..

ST.Phase said:
Am think of putting amp and sub on my CI any recommandation from the expert..
need strong and clear sound..thx

no expert but u may need to provide more details...

Qn 1 : how much space are u willing to compromise ?
Qn 2 : budget ? (for sub and amp)
Qn 3 : existing hardware ?
Qn 4 : define strong and clear sound ?

actually can use half or 3/4 of the boot space. most important must look chio once open up boot!!hahha...
budget ? nt really ,as me duno how much they will cost ...
existing use HK from pml
strong mean can feel heart pounding hahaha..
me really know nuts about sound system ...can advise??

ST.Phase said:
actually can use half or 3/4 of the boot space. most important must look chio once open up boot!!hahha...
budget ? nt really ,as me duno how much they will cost ...
existing use HK from pml
strong mean can feel heart pounding hahaha..
me really know nuts about sound system ...can advise??

no budget ?!! Wa..installers' dream !! Get a JBL Gti 12", and pump it with a class AB monoblock of 2000rms !! keke...

bro...u wanna look chio, its carpentry.. or fibreglass etc.. Carpentry doesnt guarantee sound quality .

u probably need to look at your whole setup, including your front speakers, headunit, processor (maybe), amps etc etc...

the options are endless, so u shud have a budget... hardware alone can costs u many many thousands..

a good start

1.Headunit
2. Processor
3. front components
4. subwoofer(s)
5. ampsssssss

read up some of the older posts...

Bro me not thinking of world class sound lah...jus a descent set up that i can blast sometime ....

was lookin at soundstream amp ...is it good?

Am Not planning to change the Hu other than that everything else can go...
any place to recommand the customise the boot set up??

ST.Phase said:
Bro me not thinking of world class sound lah...jus a descent set up that i can blast sometime ....

was lookin at soundstream amp ...is it good?

Am Not planning to change the Hu other than that everything else can go...
any place to recommand the customise the boot set up??

Bro... u need to set a budget. JUst like if someone asked u what car to buy, no need world class car. So rolls royce or bentley is out but still got the toyotas, nissans, hondas.... then hondas got honda city to s2000... then how ?

customise boot setup can be done at many installers.. some go to tye, some go namhuat, some go chuan sing, some go hong guan, some go dynasty , swift motion, new generation... etc etc etc..

change your front components, an amp, subwoofer(s) and dedicated amp(s)..i think thats the minimum decent sound.

how about 1k for the sub and amp??enough??
was looking at the Amp Soundstream Tarantula TR500/4 - 500watts 4 Channel Power Amplifier is it good??

ST.Phase said:
was looking at the Amp Soundstream Tarantula TR500/4 - 500watts 4 Channel Power Amplifier is it good??

i've never used that amp so cannot comment... :)

$1k is enough...u just have to buy things within that $1k lor (but for starters, it shud be good enough)... then u have to decide Quantity and size of your sub. Then get amp(s) to power them...

ST.Phase said:

I can recommend you a place to get Soundstream stuffs, they carry from components, amps, to subs, pretty decently priced. I got my amps from them and quite happy with the performance.

But check with bro 1HL for his sealed 12" sub, should sound like a monster, unless you are thinking to get a pair.

where is that bro?am interested in the model Amp Soundstream Tarantula TR500/4 - 500watts 4 Channel Power Amplifier do u know how it cost??

ST.Phase said:
where is that bro?am interested in the model Amp Soundstream Tarantula TR500/4 - 500watts 4 Channel Power Amplifier do u know how it cost??

You've got a PM bro. They are at Paya Ubi, very friendly guys, but you've to check with them on the cost yourself. Am using e Xtrem series.

ST.Phase said:

This a big ass amp, whole thing is shining silver with a big spider in the middle, amp alone would cost you ard $1,800. But do double check with them again.

have run a quick check on ebay ..did't really cost that much tot? maybe selling something different.. huh...

ace_singapore said:
This a big ass amp, whole thing is shining silver with a big spider in the middle, amp alone would cost you ard $1,800. But do double check with them again.

$1800 ?!!! WA !!!! Spray the shop black !!

btw, my sub is not a monster. Its a good enough 12" sub which i intend to sell cos of upgrading. If no takers at the right price, i shud be using it in my room keke...

ST.Phase said:
have run a quick check on ebay ..did't really cost that much tot? maybe selling something different.. huh...

If you are looking for TR500/4, then a brand new one should cost your around that region from a distributor, unless you have other very good leads. Or is it TRA series that you are looking for? Check out www.soundstream.com and make sure you shop for the right stuff.

So wat spec should i look out for to pump a sub of 12' and my comp??
Am looking at 1 Amp to do all...Would prefer soundstream ...Thank

ST.Phase said:

What HU are you using now? Tell us what's your existing setup so it's easier to tell you what you need. Soundstream amps are good, if you are just looking for a 4 or 5 channel amp, but finding the right combo is the key.

ST.Phase said:

get the sub first...then get the amp to pump. Not the other way round.
when u mention "do it all", u mean just for the sub alone ? then its easy, and correct.

if u can get 600wrms into a decent sub... it will be enough for starters. And its arguable....300 may also be enough.
do your own homework and check out which soundstream amp can give u that...then its good enough.

i wouldnt pay $800 let alone $1800 for the tarantula...keke...

Sub have single voice coil and dual coil ... they have 4ohms, 2ohms etc type.

ace_singapore said:
If you are looking for TR500/4, then a brand new one should cost your around that region from a distributor, unless you have other very good leads. Or is it TRA series that you are looking for? Check out www.soundstream.com and make sure you shop for the right stuff.

Posted in Ice forum on 31 MAy...i believe its still not sold yet. And its interesting how they mentioned about high depreciation etc...take a read. Dont blieve everything you read, cos a couple of them have hidden motives.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/CarsSoundSystem/messages/?msg=10715.1

Multi-award Soundstream Tarantula TR500/4 amplifier for sale.
Specs:
125W x 4 @ 4 ohms
250W x 4 @ 2 ohms
500W x 2 @ 4 ohms (bridged)
Dimensions 24" L X 4" H X 12.25" W

About 2 years old. Selling cos giving up ICE.
Price: $750
Pls SMS 97327958.

Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8may88vip
Back