Alpine BMW HIFI upgrade kit

Re: Alpine BMW HIFI upgrade kit

Anything "customised" for BMW won't come cheap. Why not find out the specs of each item and get any reputable installer to quote?

I understand that you can bring it in from eng soon at approx. $650+. You may want to call them. Looking at the installation instructions from E90 post, should not be a problem to install as well.

$650+ ? is this a "decent" upgrade option for E90 :D

dlau;439268 said:
I understand that you can bring it in from eng soon at approx. $650+. You may want to call them. Looking at the installation instructions from E90 post, should not be a problem to install as well.

kiss29;439393 said:
Thanks...will give them a call to get the parts.

do keep us posted of the cost and provide feedback post-installation.

perhaps you could check with them if prices would be lower if we do a mass order (due to cheaper freight and installation charges)?

Cost $850 for the Alpine kit.
And $28 each for the left and right window corner mouldings to hold the tweeters.

Will be checking the local Alpine/Blaupunkt dealers for a equivalent set up, before deciding whether to get this Alpine kit or locally sources amp+speaker+tweeters.

jeronlee;439573 said:
do keep us posted of the cost and provide feedback post-installation.

perhaps you could check with them if prices would be lower if we do a mass order (due to cheaper freight and installation charges)?

bro,

is this quote from eng soon? I am also keen..lets do a group upgrade...kekeke

just received this booklet from PML and they are offering the same Alpine Hi-Fi upgrade for $1,168 (inclusive of installation and GST). original retail price was $1,595.

Hmmm......booklet?
S$1168 sounds reasonable enough. Is the discount only for PML members?

Praying it be the same cost for a PI BMW car when I bring it to PML for the install.

jeronlee;439888 said:
just received this booklet from PML and they are offering the same Alpine Hi-Fi upgrade for $1,168 (inclusive of installation and GST). original retail price was $1,595.

kiss29;439963 said:
Hmmm......booklet?
S$1168 sounds reasonable enough. Is the discount only for PML members?

Praying it be the same cost for a PI BMW car when I bring it to PML for the install.

not sure about that. but there's a no. (1800-2255269) to call to enquire/reservethe sound system. you could try asking them.

Anyone knows what's in the PML alpine upgrade kit consist of ?

yups, would the specs of the speakers and amp be available anywhere??

MaVrk;440164 said:
yups, would the specs of the speakers and amp be available anywhere??

Hi, called PML, the package include 2 tweeter 2mid and 1 amp (4 channel). From the forum the review is not bad for the 3 series with std audio system, some even said it better than the BMW Pro not the Pro logic 7. hope it help. :)

Excellent pictures and advice! CLAP, CLAP, CLAP:):p :p :p

Sorry, to clarify, u mean they will take out your door speakers and install those two and also remove car twitters or twitters are never on the existing car?

pengful;440447 said:

O! How about the two big speakers in the picture? Are they to replace the ones on the front door or rear panel grille?

U mean the twitter is placed onto the dash board rite?

pengful;440503 said:
You don't have amp or tweeters in the standard system.

From the E90 forums...
1) Both left+right front original 4" speakers will be replaced.
2) The original rear speakers will stay as it is, and it will not be powered by the Alpine amp. Only the two front 4" speakers + Tweeters + underseat woofer will be powered by the new Alpine amp.
3) Have to buy new corner trims(with the perforation holes) in order to install the alpine tweeters.

I might be ordering it from Eng Soon and install it myself since my car is a PI model.

After the Alpine Amp upgrade.... the next upgrade would be to upgrade the underseat woofers.... ...Anyone knows where can I get the Earthquake SWS-8" woofer as mentioned in E90 forums in Singapore easily? Maybe will check out SLS this weekends.

Ah Lian;440508 said:
O! How about the two big speakers in the picture? Are they to replace the ones on the front door or rear panel grille?

U mean the twitter is placed onto the dash board rite?

Back