All about Z4 (E89/ E86/ E85) thread

Re: All about Z4 (E89/ E86/ E85) thread

Hi all,

need some help with a rattle issue that comes from the roll bar covers on my E89. Any 1 having the same issue or know how to get it fix?

I was thinking of removing the silver casing to see what wrong but don't really dare to in case I damage or scratch it. Mine come with the wind deflector too, so not really sure whether do I have to unscrew the mounts first before removing the silver cover.:juggle:

JerryZ4_35is;770338 said:
Hi all,

need some help with a rattle issue that comes from the roll bar covers on my E89. Any 1 having the same issue or know how to get it fix?

I was thinking of removing the silver casing to see what wrong but don't really dare to in case I damage or scratch it. Mine come with the wind deflector too, so not really sure whether do I have to unscrew the mounts first before removing the silver cover.:juggle:

Best is to just get it diagnose at a reputable workshop :)

Even AC323 says so ya :p

JerryZ4_35is;770338 said:
Hi all,

is your car under warranty?

cheers

does anyone know where to adjust the in-veh unit (IU)? need to move it more to the right on my s20i...went to PML workshop but they don't do it and suggest i try LTA...but PML said most prob LTA cannot do also, cos it may affect the windscreen's solar film....

btw, the fuel economy is getting better, now it's about 11km/ litre...using the "empty-to-full" method to calculate....:thumbsup:

sable81;770518 said:
does anyone know where to adjust the in-veh unit (IU)? need to move it more to the right on my s20i...went to PML workshop but they don't do it and suggest i try LTA...but PML said most prob LTA cannot do also, cos it may affect the windscreen's solar film....

btw, the fuel economy is getting better, now it's about 11km/ litre...using the "empty-to-full" method to calculate....:thumbsup:

Hi Sable,

click under workshp and helps section to see if any workshop can help you on the ( IU )

cheers

cupholders;770568 said:
Should be yes? He just collected the E89 recently bah..

Another Yellow E89. Mmmmm

ok, then is still safe.......

cheers

any E89 owners installed matt black kidney grills or did any mod on it? I'm inspired by another thread on grills to also spot the 3 bimmer stripes

amazinboinz;772156 said:
any E89 owners installed matt black kidney grills or did any mod on it? I'm inspired by another thread on grills to also spot the 3 bimmer stripes

i sticker-ed the chrome parts to matte black.. 3 Bimmer stripes you say??

Reminds me of AC323 :nehnehhh:

amazinboinz;772156 said:

Bingo...........

can try Johnson over at Ubi......
cheers

but hard to find the black grills to begin with leh... our friendly site sponsors all no have currently :verysad:

pls share any other kang tao if anyone has... TIA

amazinboinz;772184 said:
but hard to find the black grills to begin with leh... our friendly site sponsors all no have currently :verysad:

pls share any other kang tao if anyone has... TIA

oh, thought i just mention go Johnson Stciker to do it???
you call Johnson at 9737 5050.....

Happy Stickering........
cheers

ac323;772189 said:
oh, thought i just mention go Johnson Stciker to do it???
you call Johnson at 9737 5050.....

Happy Stickering........
cheers

oh blimey! i tot you meant go johnson to sticker the 3 stripes only lah... so sorry!
okok shall give him a call and see what can be done with the whole grill (+ stripes)

btw... no issues at the car wash jet sprays right?

amazinboinz;772278 said:
oh blimey! i tot you meant go johnson to sticker the 3 stripes only lah... so sorry!
okok shall give him a call and see what can be done with the whole grill (+ stripes)

btw... no issues at the car wash jet sprays right?

no issue at all..................heavy storm or flood also no issue.......

cheers

next mod...... any idea if the BMW Performance Steering wheel fit the E89? a buddy got it on his 135i chio!

*called PML parts dept and left a voice mail dunno how long before they call me back... hope a wise one would give me a faster answer here

amazinboinz;773623 said:
next mod...... any idea if the BMW Performance Steering wheel fit the E89? a buddy got it on his 135i chio!

*called PML parts dept and left a voice mail dunno how long before they call me back... hope a wise one would give me a faster answer here

show us some pics of your ride :) NPNT!

hymth;773643 said:
show us some pics of your ride :) NPNT!

nothing done yet... all in the pipeline! haha

only thing so far was a swop of breytons from gunmetal to black when i changed tryes last week...will get the grills stickered over the weekend

coming up... steering wheel (hopefully) and JB4 (when the warranty runs out in 3mnths time)

*in my head now.... anyone knows if there is any silverish carbon fiber mirror caps for the E89? google shows nothing. feel like replicating the 35iS / Audi RS look on the side mirrors but with a hint of carbon fiber instead

amazinboinz;773623 said:

UPDATE.... PML called. Performance steering wheel cannot fit E89 for those whom are interested like me

amazinboinz;773623 said:

Yup it'll fit! Just need to get the wirings done. It'll look weird on the Z4 IMO as it's quite huge..
Planning to order it from PML?

Back