Aircon Coil Replacement *PICS*

Re: Aircon Coil Replacement *PICS*

yendor;234972 said:
Well, they are supposed to drain the coolant to get to the evaporator coil as the heater coil is built into the unit. Well lets just wait for the reply from PML.

His name is russell and he's 11 yrs old. Now damn lazy... only sleeps, eats, walks and shits... When you come home, he continues to lay down and opens 1 eyelid to look at you. He then closes it and goes back to sleep.
\

heheh dam cute. My bully had to put to sleep about 3 years ago, i miss him a lot. He was 14 and had cancer. Next time I will get a brindle one, not white.

Hi Johnny,

thx for the info..... I had it done at JB last month with labour charge RM 250 and refilled gas for RM 50. and took only half a day (12:30pm to 18:30pm). I bought the parts : cooling coil (inside the car) for S$105 and valve for S$30 and polant filter for S$28 .

my reply 2 days ago did not appear, dont know why ????

I bvelieve all cars have their cooling coil behind the dashboard nowadays, no more simple to 'open up' place such as behind the glove compartment as the norm.

Hi Hoesny,

Sorry I cant remember the exact address as the Name card was left at home and now outstation at Port Klang.

Anyway, as you travel from Spore along Terbrau Road, after passing the cross junction at Crystal Crown Hotel, go further n turn left at T-juction before the Caltex petrol station. Head strait and look out on your Right for shop name :" SANKYO ...... ". Boss's name is Steven.

If you need more info just let me know .

Tanhp

GREAT INFO SHARING! In my old E46, just one year into ownership - air con went dead - compressor needs to be changed. Changing of air-con coil /compressor requires more if not the same amount of work i.e. reducing dashboard etc etc. major work.

It seems at some point of time - the aircon will give way. Good luck

Hi, mrkeke

Did you often rev above 4000 rpm or hardcore drivin with the aircon on?
This will drastically shorten the life span of the compressor.

I have used a aircon treatment which is added to the refrigerant, so it treated the metal in the aircon system especially important for the compressor.

Effect is that you feel less or hardly feels the drags when you drive with the aircon on. Also, the other tangible benefit is that the aircon will be feel cooler and the wear in the compressor is reduce to minimum. Prolong aircon compressor life especially for those who having the habit of high rev.

Hence, you will have better pickup or power improve with the aircon switch on after using the aircon treatment as the drags caused by the aircon compressor is drastically reduce.

mrkeke;248290 said:
GREAT INFO SHARING! In my old E46, just one year into ownership - air con went dead - compressor needs to be changed. Changing of air-con coil /compressor requires more if not the same amount of work i.e. reducing dashboard etc etc. major work.

It seems at some point of time - the aircon will give way. Good luck

johnhiggin;248589 said:
Hi, mrkeke

Did you often rev above 4000 rpm or hardcore drivin with the aircon on?
This will drastically shorten the life span of the compressor.

I have used a aircon treatment which is added to the refrigerant, so it treated the metal in the aircon system especially important for the compressor.

Effect is that you feel less or hardly feels the drags when you drive with the aircon on. Also, the other tangible benefit is that the aircon will be feel cooler and the wear in the compressor is reduce to minimum. Prolong aircon compressor life especially for those who having the habit of high rev.

Hence, you will have better pickup or power improve with the aircon switch on after using the aircon treatment as the drags caused by the aircon compressor is drastically reduce.

Any name of this treatment thing? Is it some kind of chemical? Where is this treatment done? Thanks for sharing, pal.

Tanhp;236005 said:
Hi Johnny,

thx for the info..... I had it done at JB last month with labour charge RM 250 and refilled gas for RM 50. and took only half a day (12:30pm to 18:30pm). I bought the parts : cooling coil (inside the car) for S$105 and valve for S$30 and polant filter for S$28 .

my reply 2 days ago did not appear, dont know why ????

phil;325017 said:
bump, this is the fix to my problem, dam

Phil.... ask Tanhp...... RM$300 + Sin$135..... Veri Veri CHEAP compare with Sin1K... Ask Club Sandy Chairman or Jin Teck bring you in to JB la....
Half a day waiting.... they can bring u go Zhang Zhui also.... :lol2: :lol2:

but the workmanship how? if it spoils again, i cant just "waltz" back there

phil;325045 said:
but the workmanship how? if it spoils again, i cant just "waltz" back there

Think they will give u a warranty period..... :)

yeah concrete warranty. Soon as you leave their workshop concrete, warranty over

phil;325083 said:
yeah concrete warranty. Soon as you leave their workshop concrete, warranty over

Haha! Usually for such major jobs, I'd rather go back to PML.

My previous car had a similar problem. In the 4th year of problem free driving, one day the aircon went bezerk and decided to blow warm air out. I didn't know what the problem was, but between going back to PML or another workshop to do this apparently "big job", it was a no brainer.

PML. It may cost a little more, but you get piece of mind, and an organization backed warranty to boot. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawnloh1221
Back