Airbag warning light on - E90

Bimmer80

Hi bros, anyone encountered their airbag and sit belt light persistently on? Will appreciate any advice to resolve it ....:thinking:

Re: Airbag warning light on - E90

hi,

safety item... better to let PML have a look?

just a suggestion

rgds

I have this problem with the air bag but mine is e39. Can't be bothered to get it fixed though.

Not a big issue but still an eye sore......Thanks anyway prob will get it fixed at PML

most likely a connection problem. Mine came on when I removed a seat to do some deep cleaning of the car. Plugged it back in perfectly but light stayed on.

Its an error code - so you will need to go to PML or a garage that can re-set your codes to switch the light off.

Spot on... sent mine for interior grooming, only to have this prob thereafter...:furious:

Bimmer80;435579 said:
Spot on... sent mine for interior grooming, only to have this prob thereafter...:furious:

actually, anyone with a OBD Diagnostic kit can remove the check light.

Not only PML.
It's not magical, nor mysterious.
Thought PML would very much like you to believe so.

checkout R2D, BVO, J4C - in the sponsor's threads
Even some other random shops in SinMing, AMK Autopoint.

Yup, get the OBD reader, and the expansion pack for bmw and you can clear the code. Once you remove the plug for the airbag by the receiver, the light will come on, even if you plug it back perfectly. Happened to me.

You should get the light cleared, because the on-board computer reads it as a fault, and as an open circuit, that's why the light is on. And this could lead to the air bag not deploying under situations that it normally will.

Sorry if the reply came too late.
Encountered this problem few weeks back, went to PML, replaced an "airbag control unit" and problem resolved.
Everything abt 1.8k

Last edited by a moderator:

hi, jus got the same light after cleaning my car. anyone knows whr i can get this cleared besides PML?

Me too!!! I had a interior clean yesterday but prob surface this morning!!!! What's up man anyone know where to solve n cost?

Bimmer80;435579 said:

Hi bro can you advise how did you manage to solve the prob?

I have the same prob HELP....

Bimmer80;435494 said:
Hi bros, anyone encountered their airbag and sit belt light persistently on? Will appreciate any advice to resolve it ....:thinking:

hi bro i have the same prob went to workshop to check. Error code says passenger side air bag but the code cannot be removed....
any ideas?

Hi all

Sent my E60 to TWM to fix some wear and tear parts - took them 3 days. Now "all done up" but the airbags warning light is on and they need another day to sort that out. Absolutely lost all confidence in them.

Anyone had similar issue and what could be the problem? And what is the worst case scenario and damage?

Appreciate any inputs.

TWM again ... haiz ....

Seahorse;675292 said:
Hi all

Sent my E60 to TWM to fix some wear and tear parts - took them 3 days. Now "all done up" but the airbags warning light is on and they need another day to sort that out. Absolutely lost all confidence in them.

Anyone had similar issue and what could be the problem? And what is the worst case scenario and damage?

Appreciate any inputs.

Back